Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kirk Hinrich
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Altering his pregame routine, Kirk Hinrich now arrives so early at the United Center for pregame shooting that he might find ice left over from the Blackhawks someday.

The result has been hot shooting, although the third-year guard insists that's not the reason he entered Monday's action at 48.2 percent, exactly eight percentage points higher than his career field-goal percentage.

"I think I'm just being more aggressive offensively," Hinrich said. "Every time I shoot it, I'm shooting with a lot more confidence. A lot of times, I started games in the past and missed my first four shots and I'd lose confidence. I wouldn't be as aggressive and would defer to my teammates."

Hinrich winces when asked about his career shooting mark.

"I feel like I can be at least a mid-40 percent shooter," he said. "I'm a good enough shooter where I need to shoot a higher percentage."

Hinrich went 3-for-10 against Boston.

I thought this was an interesting article from the tribune. This is just the snippet that relates to Hinrich, but the big thing that stood out to me is his confidence. I remember in years past you'd see Kirk just dissapear from games when his shot wasn't right. Or you'd see by his face how he was playing but now when I see him miss 3 or 4 early shots, I still see him take shots and I think this is a huge improvement.

My guess is playing for the US team really helped him with this because it was the first time in his career that he was able to play with guys that are overly confident in there skill who are not afraid to take shots and consistently take shots (albeit, Ben Gordon probably fits this bill but he is no Wade/Lebron or Carmelo).

I look forward to continuing to see him play more agressively on the offensive end and to continue to become a better offensive player while still being one of the top defensive guards in the league.
madisonsmadhouse
Kirk has really improved from distance. Duhon and Deng still have a lot of work to do, although Deng has really improved his midrange game.
DrunkBomber
I think Dengs offense seems to be improving in the exact way we need it to from him. If he can continue to improve he will be a huge assett for us.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5 2006, 10:27 AM) *
Kirk has really improved from distance. Duhon and Deng still have a lot of work to do, although Deng has really improved his midrange game.

More specifically Deng has stopped jacking up three's and driving in and popping mid range jumpers. Thats a large reason to why his shot is better. He still needs to work on expanding his range, but I like the fact that he's getting a lot smarter when it comes to his shot selection.

Duhon is a decent 3 point shooter but he seems awful when it comes to a mid range jumper. All I ask is for him to get better with that and he'll be a good PG in this league (maybe not with the Bulls but with someone). I say that because in reality we all know the Bulls already have there PG and Sef will eventually be the backup.

But I got no problem with Duhon, he plays damn fine defense, knows how to run an offense, is signed pretty affordably, and has a great attitude.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5 2006, 01:19 PM) *
More specifically Deng has stopped jacking up three's and driving in and popping mid range jumpers. Thats a large reason to why his shot is better. He still needs to work on expanding his range, but I like the fact that he's getting a lot smarter when it comes to his shot selection.

Duhon is a decent 3 point shooter but he seems awful when it comes to a mid range jumper. All I ask is for him to get better with that and he'll be a good PG in this league (maybe not with the Bulls but with someone). I say that because in reality we all know the Bulls already have there PG and Sef will eventually be the backup.

But I got no problem with Duhon, he plays damn fine defense, knows how to run an offense, is signed pretty affordably, and has a great attitude.

Du is a solid PG. I just wish he had a better long range shot, and that is what is going to keep him from being anything but average in the NBA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.