Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyrus Thomas
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
I didn't see this mentioned, but Tyrus Thomas has played the three a bit as of late. I know at part of garbage time last night he was out at the three and two games ago he played the three during the 3rd quarter. Thomas is an athletic freak who is obviously capable of guarding 3's and 4's (and even better once he gets stronger) but offensively he still is raw and obviously rushes shots and has trouble seeing the court (like a 3 should).

However I think him getting some minutes at the three will help him gain vision and develop skills that could make him an all around force at the 4 (if he can learn to play with his face to the basket as a 3 and than when he's at the 4 with his back to the basket...in time he should be able to have a decent inside and outside game). I know he has at least a decent starting point towards a shot, although I expect him to take a few years before he's considered anything more than passable as an offensive player (and right now his offense is due to his energy and athletism more so than any offensive skill he has).
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He has shown alot these last few games. Ill admit, before now Thomas looked like a gradeschool kid playing with a bunch of men but with more time and patience he has gained confidence and his play has improved. I truly believe that by the end of his career he will be one of the better rebounders Chicago has ever had. We all know he is an athletic freak but once he gets stronger he can get even more rebounds because he will be alot more physical around the basket. His offense will improve as the years go on. Right now he is sometimes forcing his shots.

- One thing I love to see from his is that his foul rate has gone down. Before he would get 3-4 fouls a game and most were the silly kind and unnaceptable, but now he is getting around 2 a game with about 17 + minutes than usual. With more playing time I fully expect Tyrus to see the game much slower and start to relax more and more and with that comes more rebounds and more points. Good job Tyrus smile.gif
CubbiesFan07
atta boy tyrus!
madisonsmadhouse
I think they see Tyrus as being a 3 in the future, but obviously he is blocked there right now by Lu and Chapu. I think defensively he would have no problem, obvious offensively, he still has a couple of years worth of work to do.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6 2006, 05:29 AM) *
I think they see Tyrus as being a 3 in the future, but obviously he is blocked there right now by Lu and Chapu. I think defensively he would have no problem, obvious offensively, he still has a couple of years worth of work to do.

I think at times he'll play the 3 but more specifically he'll be our 4 while defensively taking the better of the 3/4. The goal will be for him to be a defensive nightmare. He'll be able to guard 3's and 4's while if the opposition sticks a 4 on him he'll be able to completely toast him with his athletism and ability to dribble yet if a 3 were on him he could use his size and strenght to dominate down low.

Obviously he couldn't do any of those things right now, but thats the long term goal for what the Bulls think Tyrus Thomas can be, imo.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
If Tyrus fully reaches his potential he can be a 20 and 11 kind of a guy IMO. He lacks offensive skills so Im soley basing this off of potential. I still think this can happen if he keeps working hard.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 6 2006, 02:40 PM) *
If Tyrus fully reaches his potential he can be a 20 and 11 kind of a guy IMO. He lacks offensive skills so Im soley basing this off of potential. I still think this can happen if he keeps working hard.

next year i see it. but thats only if we decide to bench deng/noc, which highly likely isnt going to happen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.