Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kirk Hinrich = Big Mistake
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Michael Jordan
running the Point for the bulls. I say we trade Hinrich for Sean May. May is a legit 6-9 and if you watched his games lately he has been putting up great numbers in the post. May would also fit in nicely with the bulls. Hinrich looks like a mistake, we get rid of his big contract and get a good PF. thoughts?
CubbiesFan07

deng 6-9
thomas 6-9
wallace 6-9
noc 6-7
brown 6-11
khryapa 6-9
sefolosha 6-7
allen 6-10
sweetney 6-8

barrett 5-10
duhon 6-1
gordon 6-3
hinrich 6-3

i dont think we really need to trade away a key PG for another PF when we already have a huge selection of PF's to choose from... kthx
Chisoxfn
Duhon is not near the player Hinrich is. There is a reason why Hinrich is widely regarded as one of the premiere PG's in the league. In addition there is a reason why he played on the USA team during the off-season.

Hinrich is a better defender (who can also defend 2 guards), a superior shooter (both from 3 pt land, the free throw land, and midrange), a better dribbler and a better passer.

Don't get me wrong, Duhon is a good passer, a good dribble, and a good defensive player but he isn't even in a similar league as Hinrich.

That said Sean May is definately a player I'd be interested in acquiring if the opposition would be willing to trade him for future picks or one or two of our players (such as one player plus a future first). He's kind of stuck with a team that has a log-jam of bigs so it could very well be a possibility.

Of course I don't know if Khyrapa and future pick would be worthwhile since I highly doubt they'd want to wait two years to get our pick. If they had interest in Sweetney or someone along those lines great, but I doubt they would.
hinrich fan
No, Hinrich for May??? Geez what kind talk is that??? Sounds like Charlotte sending Kobe to the Lakers...Hinrich is perhaps turning into a solid NBA player...and I seem to recall Kirk took a pay cut in his new contract to keep Pax's core together...afraid barring injury Kirk is here to stay...and if not he's worth a lot more than Sean May...
ZoomSlowik
This proposal is seriously baffling. Hinrich is currently averaging over 16 points and 6 assists (roughly what he averaged the last 2 years as well), and his shooting percentages are up quite a bit (used to be the one major gripe against him).

I got nothing against Sean May, he's a nice post scorer that would fit in pretty well. I certainly wouldn't want him at the cost of Hinrich or Deng though, and dealing Tyrus or Thabo for him wouldn't thrill me either.

Luckily they just signed him to a major extension, so I don't think he is going anywhere.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Dec 5 2006, 05:08 PM) *
running the Point for the bulls. I say we trade Hinrich for Sean May. May is a legit 6-9 and if you watched his games lately he has been putting up great numbers in the post. May would also fit in nicely with the bulls. Hinrich looks like a mistake, we get rid of his big contract and get a good PF. thoughts?

You're being sarcastic right?
eddog2
QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Dec 5 2006, 06:26 PM) *
No, Hinrich for May??? Geez what kind talk is that??? Sounds like Charlotte sending Kobe to the Lakers...Hinrich is perhaps turning into a solid NBA player...and I seem to recall Kirk took a pay cut in his new contract to keep Pax's core together...afraid barring injury Kirk is here to stay...and if not he's worth a lot more than Sean May...

Paycut or not it's still $9.5 million a season. Likely more then he'll ever prove to be worth. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to trade him for Sean May. But I would like to trade him if it could bring us a dominate big man or if trading him with Gordon or Nocioni could bring us an elite scorer. If we could get a great big man via a trade (such as Gasol), then his salary would virtually offset with Kirk's (minus $4 million). Then we could use our draft pick on a PG or we could address the point guard issue during free agency when there will be several good point guards on the market. (Chauncy Billups: unrestricted, Mo Williams, Mike Bibby, Speedy Claxton ect.)

Who knows, maybe a Chauncey/Wallace re-union?

Under this scenario we trade Hinrich (who is overvalued by many teams), P.J. and Tyrus for Gasol. Or we could trade Hinrich, Nocioni & P.J. Then trade Tyrus for a point guard. Maybe we could somehow get a Deron Williams (who I like much more then Hinrich). It's a long shot but who knows?

All I'm saying is that trading Hinrich gives the Bulls more options and more flexibility with the cap to get a premier big man via a trade. It also allows them to resign Deng & Gordon.

The Bulls will have options, which is what any GM loves to have. I personally would like the Bulls to play their cards right and set themselves up to be players in the Rashard Lewis sweepstakes. Don't count that one out. If the Bulls don't get the Big man via trade this year, look for them to try and ink Lewis and then trade Deng & Nocioni for draft picks to better their chance at getting a very productive rookie big man.
SleepyWhiteSox
jpshakehead.gif jpshakehead.gif jpshakehead.gif jpshakehead.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Trade Hinrich to play Duhon? Wow. Duhon is a dime a dozen PG in the NBA. He handles the bell well, he plays solid D, (when he isn't badly outsized) and he has no outside game at all. Hinrich is bigger, a much better defender, a way better shooter, and just as good of a ball handler.
RME JICO
Duhon in place of Hinrich and trade Hinrich for May? Do you actually watch the Bulls games?

The Bulls just need a legit center (Oden).
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (RME JICO @ Dec 6 2006, 10:44 AM) *
Duhon in place of Hinrich and trade Hinrich for May? Do you actually watch the Bulls games?

The Bulls just need a legit center (Oden).

a legit power forward would go a long way too. huh.gif
hinrich fan
As God as my witness...I really can't believe we're debating this...not a bitter J-Will fan are you?????
BG7
QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Dec 5 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Here's a better proposal: how about we trade ALL our future Draft picks (1st and second round) plus some cash incentives to get Emeka Okafor? How would that sound? Emeka would fit in great to Skile's offensive/defensive systems and plus he's a proven big.

As for Kirk, there's no way he's going anywhere. He is a future all-star, and the captain of the team. Duhon is a great PG too, but Kirk is the one who will move to the next level. No way the Bulls trade him away.
Chisoxfn
God I'd love to get Emeka. The guy is a total beast and while he's had a bit of a drop off in production since his initial blowup (early in the season) he has all the tools of a pretty good center (he reminds me a bit of Jermaine O'Neal....less the outside touch O'Neal has).
CubbiesFan07
emeka - kwame - dwight

any of the 3 above

i do think kwame has huge potential and hes actually going to do something with it someday
DutheDoduhon21
i love chris duhon hes my favorite player, but hes not better than hinrich, you have no idea what your talking about. for sean may....no.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Dec 6 2006, 05:46 PM) *
i love chris duhon hes my favorite player, but hes not better than hinrich, you have no idea what your talking about. for sean may....no.

gj
close thread
spencer958
No Way!! As far as i'm concerned Hinrich is an untouchable. He should be a career Bull.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.