Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sleeper Bigs
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Another thread led me to an interesting idea for a thread, what young bigs are out there that could be available for the right price from a team that could maybe use a vet or two that could help them?

I doubt we could get May and obviously we aren't getting Emeka without giving up some of our young superstars, but there are always sleepers out there. This off-season I thought Wilcox and Gooden were those guys and both are having very good seasons. Wilcox was stuck in LA for a long time and the Bulls were often rumored to get him and I'm sure there are other guys in the league whose current team undervalues the guy.

Heck, right now I'd love to have a healthy Marcus Fizer, LOL. So come on NBA experts of TalkBulls, lets come up with a couple names and play GM smile.gif
ZoomSlowik
I still like Channing Frye. He's struggling a bit more this year, but he's a good athlete that is also a decent scorer. We'd need to move soon if we were going to do that, while Isaiah still has absolute power. tongue.gif I like David Lee too, but I get the feeling he's less likely to be moved (if their guard situation wasn't so messed up they might be half-decent with those two and Curry up front).

Andris Biedrins is another nice looking player on Golden State, however I'm not sure he'd be available. He's only 20 years old and is averaging 10.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.58 blocks. If we can't get Oden or Durant, I'd be sorely tempted to do something like Gordon, Brown, and the pick (though I'm not really sure why they'd want Gordon). Ike Diogu might be another option from that team, though I'm sure they'd try to dump Troy Murphy and his bloated contract on us instead.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim might be another option. He's not really one of my favorites, but he's a decent scorer and rebounder and his contract is far from obscene.
madisonsmadhouse
Well if I am playing the role of Sam Smith today, the first thing I look at are the teams that have underachieved and might be looking to do make overs of their rosters. I think Seattle would be an interesting match up for the Bulls, as they have a ton of big men on their roster, and it could be a team who would be interested in guards and small forwards.
Chisoxfn
David Lee will be on his way back to the bench when Frye and Jared Jeffries return from injuries later this week. Both additions should help the Knicks a lot.

The Knicks actually have a couple guys that would look good (Frye & Lee) however there is no way Thomas trades these guys unless he gets immediate help. Duhon would give them a legitimate point guard, but unfortunately (for the Knicks sake as well) they already have like 18 short guys that get put in the PG position even though they like to hack up shots and I really don't see any of our other guys being able to help Thomas out (well ones that we would be willing to deal).

If Thomas was still the GM, maybe, but right now he needs to win to save his job and he won't be giving up anyone unless it helps him win now.
Chisoxfn
Kwame Brown of the Lakers would be an interesting choice. With Mihm out for the season I doubt the Lakers would be willing to trade Kwame, but they could definately have interest in a legit point (sorry, Smush isn't one) and Duhon could fill that bill.

Brown has had some attitude issues but he has loads of talent and has started to play more agressively. I think he's the type of guy thats value is still low enough who has the upside to still be a pretty darn good player in this league.
CubbiesFan07
craig smith
on the timberwolves

guy plays insanely. they dont even play him much, he produces

matt harpring
on the jazz

ive always liked this guy. doesnt do much but will get the job done on from coming off the bench.

would like to see both of these guys on the bulls. snr.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 6 2006, 03:20 PM) *
Kwame Brown of the Lakers would be an interesting choice. With Mihm out for the season I doubt the Lakers would be willing to trade Kwame, but they could definately have interest in a legit point (sorry, Smush isn't one) and Duhon could fill that bill.

Brown has had some attitude issues but he has loads of talent and has started to play more agressively. I think he's the type of guy thats value is still low enough who has the upside to still be a pretty darn good player in this league.

Brown is expendable because Bynum is going to be a monster. But I hate Kwame Brown lol.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6 2006, 02:37 PM) *
Brown is expendable because Bynum is going to be a monster. But I hate Kwame Brown lol.

Bynum has had some serious attitude issues. The guy is ultra talented but he's lazy in practice and he really doesn't act like he's going to try harder. Jackson removed him as a starter in order to motivate him to practice hard (cause he's been majorly slacking off and Phil finally got sick of it) and he just responded with I'll still get minutes off the bench, no worries.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6 2006, 04:37 PM) *

Brown would be in practice all of 5 minutes before Skiles would send him home for the season with pay.
CubbiesFan07
kris humphries on the raptors.

overall 14th pick outa high school. could be amazing in the future.
spencer958
I also like Channing Frye, but I don't think the Knicks would deal with us again.
cars
Two names that I'll throw around as possibilities:

- Chris Wilcox. With Seattle struggling they may look to get rid of him.
- Pau Gasol. I know the owner says he's not available, but he won't be the owner much longer. And by getting rid of Pau for draft picks and a couple young players, Memphis could rebuild quick.

That's really it. The other names that get dropped a lot don't really help us.

Though personally I'd still love to see Rashard Lewis in a bulls uniform still.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (cars @ Dec 8 2006, 03:09 PM) *
Two names that I'll throw around as possibilities:

- Chris Wilcox. With Seattle struggling they may look to get rid of him.
- Pau Gasol. I know the owner says he's not available, but he won't be the owner much longer. And by getting rid of Pau for draft picks and a couple young players, Memphis could rebuild quick.

That's really it. The other names that get dropped a lot don't really help us.

Though personally I'd still love to see Rashard Lewis in a bulls uniform still.

I was really interested in getting Wilcox when he was available over this summer. I wonder what it would take to get him?
cars
I think we could make it a deal for both Wilcox and Rashard Lewis (sorry, I love that kid). I'm sure some sort of deal of PJ Brown, Noce, Sweetney and a #1 should be able to do it.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (cars @ Dec 11 2006, 01:18 PM) *
I think we could make it a deal for both Wilcox and Rashard Lewis (sorry, I love that kid). I'm sure some sort of deal of PJ Brown, Noce, Sweetney and a #1 should be able to do it.

It wouldn't. Because of the Bulls being over the salary cap, the salaries would have to match up within 10% of each other. Those aren't even close. THat might get you one of the players, but not both.
ZoomSlowik
Plus Lewis is a pending free agent and is very similar to Luol Deng (though obviously with better 3-point shooting).
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 11 2006, 12:13 PM) *
Plus Lewis is a pending free agent and is very similar to Luol Deng (though obviously with better 3-point shooting).

Lewis is a very solid player but like you say inpending FA and we really don't need a 3 and I think we'll see a lot of Noc/Deng that we wont really need much of a 2 (although if we can get a Jrich for PJ Brown and Ben Gordon as a pure salary dump by the Warriors than obviously you do that). Otherwise the only thing I have much interest in doing is making a move for a darn good low post scorer. Heck we already saw that we have trouble against big teams like the Wolves and I'd like to know we have a lineup we can throw out thats capable of beating bigger teams.
Steve9347
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 11 2006, 02:13 PM) *

Rashard Lewis happens to be one of the top forwards in the game, scoring wise... but is very similar to what we all hope sweet-lu can develop into...

plus, i really wouldnt want to deal Noc.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Dec 12 2006, 08:22 AM) *
Rashard Lewis happens to be one of the top forwards in the game, scoring wise... but is very similar to what we all hope sweet-lu can develop into...

plus, i really wouldnt want to deal Noc.

Plus I don't think it is any small coincidence that this team really started to click on offense when those two guys got put into the starting line up together.
TeaLeafReaderII
6'11" randolph morris of kentucky... kid can play... and get this... since he entered the draft and wasn't drafted a couple years ago, he is a NBA FA, and can be signed at anytime (though apparently he won't leave his team mid season...) but as soon as kentucky gets eliminated from the tourney, Pax better get on the spliff. Heck, he better start writing up a contract now... Bulls might even be able to get him in time for the play offs...
madisonsmadhouse
Morris would be a good add for the Bulls IMO. He has an NBA body and decent hands. His work ethic is questionable though.
ZoomSlowik
Morris has always had lottery-talent, the question has always been what he does with it. He's been a lot better at Kentucky this year though, so that could potentially be a huge addition. I'm sure that we wouldn't be the only team going after him...
Chisoxfn
Wow thats really intriguing. I'm sure he's going to cash in on that and get a contract bigger than what he'd get as a draft pick (since he'll have numerous teams bidding on him).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.