Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Buzz on Trade Targets
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
Early Buzz on Trade Targets

Kevin Garnett
As long as the T'wolves struggle, Garnett is going to hear his name mentioned as possible trade bait. At some point, the theory goes, Minnesota will decide it needs to blow it up and start over while sending Da Franchise someplace where he has a chance to win a title before he retires.

Most Likely Suitor - Chicago: They need a big man in the worst way, and KG played his senior year of high school in the Windy City. Meanwhile, Chicago has the young talent and draft picks to put together an attractive package.

Jermaine O'Neal
The four-time All-Star is one of the East's best big men, but he has not been able to take the Pacers to the next level. There was talk last summer that Pacers bosses Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh were thinking of starting over and moving O'Neal if the right package of players was offered.

Most Likely Suitor - Chicago: See Garnett above. But it's unlikely Indiana would trade O'Neal to a division rival.

Ben Gordon
The Bulls aren't necessarily looking to trade their young gunner, but they might be willing to do it for a big guy like, say, Garnett or O'Neal. Gordon can fill up the basket, but he's small and the Bulls already have Kirk Hinrich, Thabo Sefolosha and Adrian Griffin at shooting guard.

Suitor - Minn: If the T'wolves decide to move Garnett, they could do worse than getting back a package involving Gordon and the Bulls' first-round pick in next year's draft (Chicago has the right to swap picks with New York, meaning it could well be a lottery selection).

Other names of interest that appeared on the list: Paul Gasol
ZoomSlowik
Damn, we are instant title favorites if we get KG for Gordon, Brown, and that pick. That still seems a little light for someone of KG's caliber though, they'd have to get pretty desperate.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 6 2006, 01:21 PM) *
Damn, we are instant title favorites if we get KG for Gordon, Brown, and that pick. That still seems a little light for someone of KG's caliber though, they'd have to get pretty desperate.

Ya, I'd think they would need more than that. Obviously an additional 1st rounder would help a bit but I still think they'd want something more like: Gordon, Brown, Tyrus, and the pick.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 6 2006, 03:26 PM) *
Ya, I'd think they would need more than that. Obviously an additional 1st rounder would help a bit but I still think they'd want something more like: Gordon, Brown, Tyrus, and the pick.

no tyrus, i will be super pissed if he gets traded to there....
ChitownMan
How much does KG still have left in the gas tank? I am not sure that I would want O'Neal as well, as he sort of reminds me of Ron Artest. I do think that we are still at least one player short from making a serious run in the playoffs however, I do not want to mortgage the future. Time will tell what Paxson is thinking, just hope it is the right combination. bullssmilie1.jpg
madisonsmadhouse
What we have to hope for is for Minnesota to go completely into the toilet to the point where Garnett sees zero hope for the future. Then, and only then, will he ask to leave the TWolves.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7 2006, 06:52 AM) *
What we have to hope for is for Minnesota to go completely into the toilet to the point where Garnett sees zero hope for the future. Then, and only then, will he ask to leave the TWolves.

Exactly, KG isn't going anywhere until he actually demands a trade. Its the only way possible that the Wolves could sell a Garnett trade to the fans.
Steve9347
trade Kirk, not Gordon!

QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Dec 6 2006, 04:26 PM) *
How much does KG still have left in the gas tank? I am not sure that I would want O'Neal as well, as he sort of reminds me of Ron Artest. I do think that we are still at least one player short from making a serious run in the playoffs however, I do not want to mortgage the future. Time will tell what Paxson is thinking, just hope it is the right combination. bullssmilie1.jpg

Garnett has plenty left, and is one of the top 5 players in the NBA... he just needs to get out of Minnesota.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.