Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chris Duhon needs to be traded
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Duhon is really hindering the development of Kirk. Kirk's position should be our starting PG. The coaches manlove for Duhon is really frustrating. He doesnt do anything Sefolosha doesnt do, while Thabo is a better defender already than Du, and he is a much better passer. IMO, we should try and trade Duhon +PJ and or Sweets for some frontcourt help. Your thoughts?

As a side not, Ben G's performance so far is up-ing his trade value.
Bullseye
Duhon, Brown, Sweets... which big man could that get us?
CubbiesFan07
haslem
kwame
collison
dunleavy
danny fortson
lafrentz

+ some others i like as well
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Kwame would be interesting. The Lakers defenatley need a PG, and I could see them taking Duhon and Pj's expiring contract in exchange for Kwame Brown.
CubbiesFan07
kwame's got the huge potential but he doesnt really put forth much effort idk. i liked him on washington and thought he would be a huge top notch PF, but he isnt... and he cant compete with C's for anything, so hes no help there. idk
madisonsmadhouse
Chris Duhon is going no where.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 10 2006, 11:07 AM) *

That might get us a 6-pack and some cigarettes

Seriously though, we're not going to get anyone useful for that, at least not useful big guys. That package is basically a backup point guard, an expiring contract that offers little on the floor, and a sparely used overweight forward. That's not going to get us anyone of starting quality or anyone with potential.

The only one on the list below your post that it could actually get us is Fortson, and he isn't really any better than Sweetney (or possibly LaFrentz, mainly because he's overpaid and has no real place in Portland).
spencer958
Duhon is a good back-up and he comes in handy when Hinrich gets in foul trouble(like ESPN games)
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 9 2006, 10:09 PM) *
Duhon is really hindering the development of Kirk. Kirk's position should be our starting PG. The coaches manlove for Duhon is really frustrating. He doesnt do anything Sefolosha doesnt do, while Thabo is a better defender already than Du, and he is a much better passer. IMO, we should try and trade Duhon +PJ and or Sweets for some frontcourt help. Your thoughts?

As a side not, Ben G's performance so far is up-ing his trade value.

I agree with this. Duhon has a lot of plusses, but if we can move Duhon and Gordon for a legit 2 that wouldn't be a liability and than use Sef as an ultra backup (along with Griffin and Barett) I think we'd in better shape in the long run (although at times we could obviously miss having a guy like Duhon who can step in and run the show if Hinrich is in foul trouble or goes down). However, by acquiring a legit 2 guard we wouldn't have to put Hinrich in such mismatches which sometimes lead to him getting in foul trouble and in turn he'd be on the floor longer.

I'd love to see us get a legit 2 so that Hinrich could always play the PG (he's so much better than any of our other players at running the show).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 10 2006, 09:07 AM) *

I'd love to get Nick Collison but I don't think they'd have interest in Brown (unless the Sonics wanted to thro us a bad contract or something). Collison is a good rebounder with skills who had some injury problems but in the right setting I think he'd be pretty solid.
TeaLeafReaderII
Kirk gets into foul trouble because he plays physical defense and the league doesn't like that... its isn't because he is guarding shooting guards.
Steve9347
I struggle to understand why everyone wants to trade this team's strength, which is its depth.

we tend to go on our runs when our second team is out vs. the other team's second team, because its loaded with talent. duhon is as good as it gets as a backup PG.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Dec 12 2006, 06:15 AM) *
I struggle to understand why everyone wants to trade this team's strength, which is its depth.

we tend to go on our runs when our second team is out vs. the other team's second team, because its loaded with talent. duhon is as good as it gets as a backup PG.

Because this team actually has, if anything too much depth. We can go what, 13, 14 players deep? That's more people than we can actually find room for. Right now, some of that depth is sitting on the bench inactive every game because we have so much of it. What we could do to help the team though is take a little bit of that depth and turn it into better production from one of the front line units. We could do that, and still wind up being a very, very deep team.
DrunkBomber
I like the way Duhon is playing. Hes consistent on defense and gives an occasional spark on offense. I dont think hes a problem.
Bullies4Life
Id like to see Sefolosha get more minutes to develop him faster, and Ben Gordon as well. Right now the Bulls have too many guards (like the Knicks) and all of them arent getting consistent minutes out on the floor (like the Knicks). Remember when Francis used to get consistent minutes when he was on other teams??? Yeah, he used to put up some nice numbers... Same with Marbury... I wanna see that with Ben Gordon now. WHos with me?!!?
soxfan101
I personally think this is the last season of Duhon...I dont mind us keeping him this season but next season Id want him gone or come back on a seriously reduced role.
BG7
How could anyone hate on Chris Duhon's game? He isn't taking away from anyone's development. Kirk is our starting PG and will be in the game during critical moments. Chris Duhon is a solid backup for Kirk and the Coach can rely on him to produce.

Dewey plays solid defense and is much quicker than Thabo. No one on the team has better passing than Duhon other than Kirk.

Believe me, it would be a mistake to trade Duhon away unless we are getting some measurable front court offense.

His work ethic, by the way, is also admirable. He isn't going anywhere.
Chisoxfn
Duhon had an excellent game last night. He really is a pretty damn good all around player with one exception (he just isn't much of a scorer, but we shouldn't be asking him to score, aside from him just getting consistently better at knocking down the open jumpers).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.