Game 2
18 minutes
7 points
3-7 shooting
0 rebounds
0 blocks

3 rebounds in 35 minutes???
Chisoxfn
Its great that he's finally able to play. He had to sit on our bench for a while, but I'm also pretty sure our coaches got to work with him a lot during practice and put together some sort of plan for him to make him better and now he'll get to execute that in the Dleague and hopefully start helping us a year or two down the road.
WHarris1
Um.....
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/printstory.asp?id=262923
DutheDoduhon21
Andriuskevicius Injured
Dec 23 - GM John Paxson issued a statement regarding Martynas Andriuskevicius, who suffered a minor skull fracture and concussion Thursday at the Dakota Wizards' NBDL practice.
Stu Jackson, the NBA's vice president of basketball operations, is investigating the incident, as is the development league.

A team spokesman said a teammate was involved in the incident. Given the investigation, the injury doesn't appear accidental. -- Chicago Tribune

"He has a skull fracture, severe concussion and a two-centimeter hematoma on the left side of his brain," Andriuskevicius' agent Herb Rudoy said. "They've been monitoring him because they're concerned about seizures.
"Awvee's a terrific kid," said his Chicago-based agent Mark Bartelstein. "They had an altercation in practice, and it's really unfortunate."

One source said Storey said something to Andriuskevicius, who went over to Storey and got punched. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Dakota Wizards forward Awvee Storey has been suspended and replaced on the roster in the wake of a fight that took place during Thursday's team practice.
The altercation apparently involved Andriuskevicius, who suffered a minor skull fracture and the effects of a concussion.

Mike Offerdahl, the Wizards' media relations director, said the club would have no comment on Storey's suspension until a D-League investigation into the matter is complete. -- Bismarck Tribune

i hope big marty is going to be ok, that really stinks
Balta1701-B
Tribune says Marty is out for the year with the skull fracture.

Martynas Andriuskevicius is out of intensive care and expected to return to Chicago on Tuesday for further evaluation by team doctors after suffering a fractured skull and concussion Thursday.

Bulls general manager John Paxson said the 7-foot-2-inch center wouldn't return to the Dakota Wizards of the NBDL and probably wouldn't be able to practice the rest of the season.

"We're going to be ultra-cautious on this," Paxson said.

Andriuskevicius property of the Bulls, was hurt when Dakota teammate and former Proviso West, Illinois, Arizona State and Nets player Awvee Storey punched him. Storey has been suspended indefinitely.

Even Paxson is in the dark on details.

Stu Jackson, the NBA vice president of basketball operations, is heading an investigation in conjunction with the development league.

"We've got everything set up where the doctors will check him out further," Paxson said. "But we're treating this as serious."

Andriuskevicius, 20, was knocked unconscious and went into convulsions on the court. He said he won't press charges against Storey.

Andriuskevicius talked to Paxson and coach Scott Skiles on Saturday from his hospital room in Bismarck, N.D.
madisonsmadhouse
Wow, there has to be more to this story than we are being told... The guy almost died from a punch? Crushed skull and all? I wonder what the details are???
spencer958
Hopefully he'll be ok, and can contribute to the Bulls in the future.
TeaLeafReaderII
screw his career... I just hope this kid is alright. Wow. I hope the Bulls flew his parents in...
Chisoxfn
Wow, I hope everything will be alright with him. I wonder what the whole story is cause this is more than a guy simply getting punched, he must have gotten beaten down to the ground.
madisonsmadhouse
UPDATE

Martynas Andriuskevicius returned to Chicago on Tuesday and is scheduled to undergo further neurological testing on his skull fracture with team doctors Thursday. …
That funky motion
He came in my Car wash Wed and looked fine. A little bit of a black eye, thats it.
DutheDoduhon21
another update

Martynas Recovering
Dec 31 - Cleveland's Zydrunas Ilgauskas said he's spoken with Martynas Andriuskevicius in recent days. The Bulls center suffered a fractured skull Dec. 21 when punched by a teammate during a Development League practice and is not expected to play again this season.
"He's just struggling right now getting back on his feet," Ilgauskas said. "He's still dizzy and stuff at times, so it will take him a few months to get back to normal. This is an unfortunate setback, but he's only 20 years old. He'll come back eventually. From what I heard, the doctor said he should be fine." -- Arlington Heights Daily Herald
danman31
I find it weird that we haven't heard anything other than he's dizzy and stuff like that. There hasn't been an actual diagnosis. Was it a concussion? Was there more to it than a brutal punch?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 31 2006, 03:45 PM) *
I find it weird that we haven't heard anything other than he's dizzy and stuff like that. There hasn't been an actual diagnosis. Was it a concussion? Was there more to it than a brutal punch?

All we've heard is that it was one punch. Fractured skull is the diagnosis. He fell unconsious and had convulsions... so Im pretty sure the concussion is assumed... the only thing the doctors are too sure about is the severity of the brain trauma
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 31 2006, 03:45 PM) *

Its weird that no more information has been released about this incident. The story as it stands now, doesn't add up.
DutheDoduhon21
big marty spoke out for the first time about the fight

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2717155
madisonsmadhouse
Wow. Seriously how do you hit a guy in one punch hard enough to do that kind of damage?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.