Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aldridge looking into agents
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Balta1701-B
So there have been some rumors that Lamarcus Aldridge, the guy I hope the Bulls will wind up with if we don't get Garnett, may consider staying at Texas for his Junior season, especially since they were eliminated from the tourney.

This, therefore, I consider to be good news.

Texas sophomore center LaMarcus Aldridge has spoken with coach Rick Barnes about entering the NBA Draft, and as a result of their conversation, Aldridge is making inquiries about agents.

Aldridge has not formally entered his name into the NBA Draft pool, and even if he does, he could return to school if he maintains his eligibility. However, signing with an agent would be an irreversible move into professional basketball.
JPargo
Glad to here. Now lets just hope we can draft him cheers.gif
Chisoxfn
Thats fantastic news. He's still my top choice by far. Clearly he has the most upside of any of the bigs in this draft. The only big weakness is how he faded in big games and tended to play a little soft against LSU.
The Dude Abides
Hopefully the Knicks will continue to stink so we have the best odds of getting first pick in the draft and we can finally have a real center in chicago..once he puts on some bulk, he could be an all star...he reminds me of patrick ewings game with david robinsons athleticism and build.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4 2006, 06:48 PM)
Thats fantastic news. He's still my top choice by far. Clearly he has the most upside of any of the bigs in this draft. The only big weakness is how he faded in big games and tended to play a little soft against LSU.

And thats a reason why we wont draft him. Skiles hates soft players. The only one on our team I consider soft is Tyson. Everyone else is hard nosed. I bet he goes after Carney or Thomas. There both great Defensivley and have good all around offensive skills.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 4 2006, 06:36 PM)
And thats a reason why we wont draft him. Skiles hates soft players. The only one on our team I consider soft is Tyson. Everyone else is hard nosed. I bet he goes after Carney or Thomas. There both great Defensivley and have good all around offensive skills.

Chandler is not soft. People can call him a bust and other things, but he plays hard. He never shy's from contact. Hell I've never heard of one of the best rebounders in the league being called soft. Good rebounders can't be soft because they need to box out and handle contact.

If the Bulls pass on Aldridge they will pay dearly for it. The other players all have a chance to be solid, but only Aldridge (as a big man) has a chance to become an all star.

He has all the tools Tim Duncan had, although he wasn't in school as long as Duncan, therefor he is more raw and obviously something could happen that leads to him not developing.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 4 2006, 06:36 PM)

Neither will be good offensive players and neither have the size to be above average bigs in this league. Aldridge is the only one with a very good all around game.

He has the length and athletism to be a good rebounder (and shot blocker), the touch and low post moves of a good offensive player, and the size that bigs need (especially in terms of height).

LSU's guys are undersized and the Euro guy is too soft, imo. Not a legit low post center although I haven't seen enough film on him to really have any solid opinion.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4 2006, 09:03 PM)
Neither will be good offensive players and neither have the size to be above average bigs in this league. Aldridge is the only one with a very good all around game.

He has the length and athletism to be a good rebounder (and shot blocker), the touch and low post moves of a good offensive player, and the size that bigs need (especially in terms of height).

LSU's guys are undersized and the Euro guy is too soft, imo. Not a legit low post center although I haven't seen enough film on him to really have any solid opinion.

I agree about Aldridge, but I think Thomas from LSU has the most potential over all . I think Thomas will be a star, but I also think Aldridge is more polished and will be a star sooner. Aldridge will also contribute sooner. But, Thomas could be amazing.
sport1016
alrdidge all the way.....him and chandler are the twin towers krause can kick himself over from now on IMO.

but we don't even need the first pick i think.

atlanta needs a PG and Portland has zach randolph theo ratliff and more and charlotte just took sean may and okafor and they have primoz brezec.

The only one i worry about is ATL bc top four is probably too early to take any PGs in this draft and they already have too many swing men

so i am not rooting for us to get the #1, i am just rooting for us to pick ahead of ATL
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 4 2006, 08:17 PM)
alrdidge all the way.....him and chandler are the twin towers krause can kick himself over from now on IMO.

but we don't even need the first pick i think.

atlanta needs a PG and Portland has zach randolph theo ratliff and more and charlotte just took sean may and okafor and they have primoz brezec.

The only one i worry about is ATL bc top four is probably too early to take any PGs in this draft and they already have too many swing men

so i am not rooting for us to get the #1, i am just rooting for us to pick ahead of ATL

If Atlanta gets the #1 pick we will not get the big of our choice, anyone else and we should have a good shot at Aldridge. I just hope the Knicks hold on as the worse team in the league (and that Charlotte can win a game or two down the stretch). That way we are assured of not falling too far down the draft board.
sport1016
oh yeah

btw

i can't stop thinking about what if the hawks had taken chris paul instead of marvin williams last year

paul
joe johnson
josh smith
al harrington
ANYONE

that's a run and gun in the exact same mold as the suns, and they would definately be in playoff contention

what a horrible front office
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 4 2006, 08:36 PM)

Tyson soft? You can call Tyson a bunch of things, but soft isn't one of them. The guy is offensively inept, but the guy leaves it all on the court every night, and sticks his nose into everywhere full out. Don't mistake his complete lack of offense as soft.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 4 2006, 08:36 PM)

thomas is the same as chandler he can ally-op, rebound and put backs he will not be a good draft pick if we do draft him.
bulls91
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4 2006, 10:21 PM)
If Atlanta gets the #1 pick we will not get the big of our choice, anyone else and we should have a good shot at Aldridge. I just hope the Knicks hold on as the worse team in the league (and that Charlotte can win a game or two down the stretch). That way we are assured of not falling too far down the draft board.

right now we have the first pick in the draft then it is portland not charlatte sense they beat minnisota they have the third pick. bang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.