Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls/Portland Trail Blazers game thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
That right bitches, I get the first game thread headbang.gif

Tip off at the UC 7:37 PM CST.

bullssmilie1.jpg
WHarris1
This is the type of game that the Bulls absolutely need to win to have a shot at the 8 spot.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 13 2006, 08:19 PM)
This is the type of game that the Bulls absolutely need to win to have a shot at the 8 spot.

No doubt. You have to be able to beat these middle 10 teams, especially at home.
Timoperezrulez
Portland plain and simply do not have the players to stay with our Bulls. If we do lose tonight that puts us 3.5 games back. If we win tonight we go back to 2.5 games back and we play Milwaukee tommorow(huge game).
Chisoxfn
I wonder if we'll see much of Gordon? I know Skiles was talking about how Gordon sometimes zones out and thats the reason he dissapears certain games.

I really think the writing is on the wall and this will be Ben's final year in Chicago.
Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 03:13 PM)
I wonder if we'll see much of Gordon? I know Skiles was talking about how Gordon sometimes zones out and thats the reason he dissapears certain games.

I really think the writing is on the wall and this will be Ben's final year in Chicago.

If this is ben's final year and they let him walk, i would hate the bulls, or john paxson for that matter.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero @ Mar 14 2006, 01:44 PM)
If this is ben's final year and they let him walk, i would hate the bulls, or john paxson for that matter.

He's not a FA, I'm referring to trading him. He is a 6th man in this league, not a starter, yet I think he has more value than the typical 6th man.

The reason I say he's a 6th man is because he doesn't have a starting position. He can't defend PG's or SG's nor does he have the dribbling and passing ability of a PG. He's what you would call a Tweener and a Paxson mistake.
Timoperezrulez
Not a lot of 6th men average 17 points per game...
WHarris1
Starting Lineups

Portland Trail Blazers

Steve Blake       Martell Webster	    Viktor Khryapa	  Zach Randolph	       Theo Ratliff

Chicago Bulls

Kirk Hinrich       Ben Gordon	       Luol Deng	  Malik Allen	       Tyson Chandler
Chisoxfn
My Prediction: WIN
kapkomet
Go Zach Randolph!

*cough, cough*
Kalapse
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 14 2006, 10:12 PM)
Not a lot of 6th men average 17 points per game...

They could if they got an oppurtunity to start like Gordon has.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 14 2006, 04:35 PM)
Go Zach Randolph!

*cough, cough*

Its a Hoosier Thing! headbang.gif
Timoperezrulez
My prediction

Bulls 98
Blazers 90
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 14 2006, 06:37 PM)
My prediction

Bulls 98
Blazers 90

hmm risky prediction blazers are a good team from what Ive watched it wont be easy
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 14 2006, 04:35 PM)
Go Zach Randolph!

*cough, cough*

And to go along with the theme... Key match up of the night is Tyson on Randolph. Also Ben has to bring his A defensive game as it sounded like Duhon might not play, and if he does he will be way less than 100%.
Timoperezrulez
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 14 2006, 06:40 PM)
hmm risky prediction blazers are a good team from what Ive watched it wont be easy

Risky prediction? The Blazers are the last place team in the West. I dont know what you have been watching, but they are not a good basketball team.
hinrich12
Bulls 17
trailblazers 13
madisonsmadhouse
Bulls on the strength of some excellent D, stretch it out to a 13 point lead, 39-26.
madisonsmadhouse
46-37 Bulls lead at the half. Blazers have 24 points in the paint compared to 8 for the Bulls... Can you guess who got into foul trouble for Chicago?
Timoperezrulez
Its alright the guards seem to be carrying us in this one. Even my man Pike got in on some action.
madisonsmadhouse
Bulls open the second half on a 13-2 run and stretch the lead to 21 at 60-39.

Blazers 1-11 so far.
SleepyWhiteSox
brian skinner...8 pts., 6 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

tyson...4 pts., 7 boards, 1 block

Maybe we let go of the wrong guy that we got in the Brand trade? tongue.gif
Timoperezrulez
This win will put us 2 games back, agianst the Bucks tomorrow bringit.gif
The Gladiator
Bulls Win and will make the 8th spot in the East
SleepyWhiteSox
I could hit a 3 against the blazers...
madisonsmadhouse
74-49 Bulls after 3 quarters of play. fish the Blazers don't even pretend to play defense or offense for that matter... 49 points after 3? puke.gif
madisonsmadhouse
ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THERE HAS BEEN A LUKE SCHENSHURE SIGHTING!!!!

If this had been an acutally emergency this announcement would have been followed by actual emergency instructions.
maggsmaggs
I love Noc, he always brings so much energy to the team. When he is the game, they play better. Just don't let him take last second shots.
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:15 AM)

If this had been an acutally emergency this announcement would have been followed by actual emergency instructions.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Damn Luke is terrible. In a couple of minutes I have seen him get out rebounded by Eric Piatkowski and not be able to get two hands on a rebound. sleep2.gif
WHarris1
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:19 AM)
Damn Luke is terrible. In a couple of minutes I have seen him get out rebounded by Eric Piatkowski and not be able to get two hands on a rebound. sleep2.gif

His 7:4 foul to rebound ratio on the season doesn't impress you??? huh.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Pike, Pargo, Basden, Schensh...

Am I watching an NBA version of American Idol or are the Bulls winning by 30? huh.gif

laugh.gif
WHarris1
Luke with 8?!?! headbang.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
Is this only the 2nd blowout of the season? I can only recall 1 more...

And, by the way, what's the Blazers' long-term plans?
WHarris1
LUKE IN DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!
madisonsmadhouse
Wow, I need to make fun of people more often it looks like...
hammerhead johnson
Portland is pretty much the worst team in the NBA IMO. Skinner and White Gorilla are pretty much the only guys who seem to have any pride. God damn does this team suck.

Oh well, a win is a win. Bring on the Bucks.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 14 2006, 09:43 PM)
Portland is pretty much the worst team in the NBA IMO. Skinner and White Gorilla are pretty much the only guys who seem to have any pride. God damn does this team suck.

Oh well, a win is a win. Bring on the Bucks.

Vanilla Gorilla!
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 14 2006, 09:45 PM)
Vanilla Gorilla!

My bad. laugh.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
I was hoping they would bring out the 8ft Korean dude. mecry.gif
Tony82087
Huge game coming up. I will hop on the bandwagon if they can pull out a W vs. the Bucs.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 14 2006, 07:07 PM)
Bulls Win and will make the 8th spot in the East

Welcome aboard cheers.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 07:15 PM)

Luke is the man. I don't get why he doesn't get more minutes. He seems to be a pretty intelligent player and he makes nice cuts to the basket. I know its sad, but he has the best low post game of anyone on the squad (aside from Othella, but he's been in a funk).

Malik Allen has been playing strong, but he's more of an outside big.

Long Live LUKE headbang.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 14 2006, 07:52 PM)
My bad. laugh.gif

lolhitting.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 14 2006, 08:12 PM)
Huge game coming up. I will hop on the bandwagon if they can pull out a W vs. the Bucs.

Who says we'll let ya on this bandwagon.
7th seed or bust. I say that because I've been saying that the Bulls will upset the Heat in the 1st round. bullssmilie1.jpg
Rowand44
Luke's the best, period. I got there right when the gates opened and was just cheering for him right when I got in(he was on fire in warm ups laugh.gif ). Worst part of the game was when the wave went around a lot during the 3rd quarter. Also gotta love D. Miles doing his hand-head banging thing after a mid range jump shot.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 14 2006, 09:59 PM)
Luke's the best, period. I got there right when the gates opened and was just cheering for him right when I got in(he was on fire in warm ups laugh.gif ). Worst part of the game was when the wave went around a lot during the 3rd quarter. Also gotta love D. Miles doing his hand-head banging thing after a mid range jump shot.

I loved all the fans going crazy for Luke. Best part was he responded with a new career high headbang.gif

And headbang.gif to Othella for hooking him up with a nice pass to get Luke on his roll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.