Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls-76ers game thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores106/1...5/NBA148471.htm

HUGE game. A win puts the Bulls into the eighth playoff spot, and breathing down the necks of the Pacers.
madisonsmadhouse
A much more grim view from a Philly paper.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14266589.htm
madisonsmadhouse
In the articles, but worth noting for those who don't click. Iverson did twist the ankle that kept him out of 4 game earlier this year. No one has said he is or is not playing, so I would have to guess AI is going to give it a go, but its definately worth keeping an eye on.
Timoperezrulez
biggest game of the year, plain and simple
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Apr 5 2006, 08:22 AM)
biggest game of the year, plain and simple

There's something very odd about the conflation of the name "Timo Perez Rulez" with this sig:
I hate Luke Schensherer fan club(PM to join)
1. Timoperezrulez

I just find that quite remarkably funny. I don't know why.

And yes, clearly this is the biggest game of the year thus far.
TeaLeafReaderII
great start for the Bulls...lots of a assists and everyone is contributing
maggsmaggs
Bulls look great so far.
Da Bulls 88
22-12 Bulls snr.gif
Da Bulls 88
8 points for Nocioni smile.gif
WHarris1
For what reason is Jannero Pargo allowed on the court? sad.gif
Da Bulls 88
Bulls lead 32-18. End of 1st qtr headbang.gif headbang.gif
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 5 2006, 05:35 PM)
For what reason is Jannero Pargo allowed on the court? sad.gif

duhon is battling back spasms and Kirk bruised his knee early in the game...

they are a little thin at guard right now.
WHarris1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 5 2006, 05:38 PM)
duhon is battling back spasms and Kirk bruised his knee early in the game...

they are a little thin at guard right now.

Give me Livingston over him. Give me Pike.

I just cannot stand watching Pargo play.
sport1016
I don't know who it was, but i want to take them out to dinner, that whispered in deng and noc's ears a few weeks ago

"you know, with u two at the forward spots you can probably drive at will"

great job by the two of them so far

good D gy the guards, even gordon. I loved the steal as much as the 10 pts

Noc can guard any center or pf as long as they are not offensive minded, he is strong enough to box out dalembert who, even though he could, doesn't have the skill to post up noc. I love watching noc drive and scoop past a 60 million guy. If that's not blue collar i don't know what is.

I love deng abusing iggy, bc i hate hearing that iggy's gonna turn out to be the better pro and we should've taken him....wjhat's he done since all star weekend?

GO BULLS
sport1016
i would rather see a backcourt with gordon at the point right now with pike or deng at the 2 then have Jannero "a turnover is at least a stat" Pargo out there
WHarris1
Bulls 17 point lead evaporates to 6
WHarris1
Ben hurt, lead down to 5.

yippe!
Chisoxfn
Ben twists his ankle, game lead down to 1 with 8:40 left in the 3rd. Come on Bulls.
WHarris1
Bulls up 15, 11:05 to play in the 4th
TeaLeafReaderII
Ben is back on the court... I think he is ok... and with that last rebound Noc has a dobule double Drinking.gif
SoxFan1
I'm thinking Noc is on pace for back to back PotW's...
Chisoxfn
Noc is whooping butt and Kirk just had a nice drive. They seem to be taking it strong to the hole in the final minutes. However Dalembert just made a 3 point play and now a jump ball (I thought Noc was fouled myself).

So 7 point game with 2 or so left and a jump ball. Come on Bulls...FINISH STRONG
Chisoxfn
Weber just juked the spiff out of Chandler and pulls it to 5. Chandler shouldn't have bit on the pump fake.
WHarris1
5 pt game. Ugh.

COME ON BULLS FINISH IT OFF
Chisoxfn
WTF is Duhon doing shooting this awful runners. He is terrible when it comes to going into the lane.
Chisoxfn
5 PT lead and we are at the line with 39.9 left in the game. Lets make our free throws.

Duhon sinks the 1st (6 PT Lead)
Duhon sinks the 2nd (7 PT Lead)
Chisoxfn
Duhon fouled again after Iverson missed a 3 (he was probably fouled though). We still have a 7 pt lead.

30.6 to go
Duhon sinks 1st (8 pt lead)
Duhon sinks 2nd (9 pt lead)
Chisoxfn
Mo Cheeks called for a T, so we get one more free throw. If the Bulls hold on we will take over the 8th seed. Philly gets to play Boston before coming to the UC while the Bulls won't have any back to back game.

We will have a golden opportunity to extend things next time we see Philly (before the game is played we will either be 1 game up or tied)
WHarris1
Awesome huge win.

Pacers are gonna win unfortunately.

And somehow the Knicks are slowing down the hot Cavs.
TeaLeafReaderII
bulls have won pray.gif 6 of 7 ohmy.gif

Zydrunas is a little more important to the cavs then they realized,,,
Kogs35
so happy they finished the job tonight. bullssmilie1.jpg
Chicago Bulls Franchise
This was a nice win for the Bulls
madisonsmadhouse
Another awesome gut check for the Bulls. Great energy for Gordon and the Bulls coming out hot in the first quarter. They really shut AI down until the 4th quarter where it didn't matter who was on him, the Bulls undersized guards were toast. What was impressive was the way they dug down, didn't quit going to the basket, and got EVERY defensive rebound between Tyson and Noc to make sure it was always one and done. The Bulls are now the 8th seed and it is well deserved.

PS 3-0 post 3 hour practice, with 3 huge 4th quarters in a row.
madisonsmadhouse
Looking back, I wonder how much the ankle was bothering AI, and how much was the Bulls defense? The guy only hit 6 shots all game, 4 of them in the 4th quarter. Now I know the Bulls did an excellent job of staying in Allen's body, which didn't allow him the room to create like he usually does, but still only 6 shots against the shortest combo of guards he probably ever has run at him? I gotta imagine that had something to do with it.

But regardless, much props to Ben, Kirk, and Du for an excellent game, and to Scott Skiles for knowing the tricks of the trade to guarding a much quicker player.
Da Bulls 88
Woo hoo!!!! snr.gif headbang.gif snr.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.