Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The bulls 2nd draft pick...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
JPargo
Just wondering what you guys think we should do with our second draft pick. I know we all want the bulls to get Lamarcus with ther 1st. But the 2nd pick is still a little fuzzy on who we should pick up. I think we should pick up a SF because it would give us great depth at our SF position. Im think Rudy Gay. Hes a 6'9 SF he can shoot the mid-range jumper and has a fast first step which makes him a good slasher, which is the kind of player we are looking for.
What do you guys think?
WHarris1
Gay will never be there at the time of our 2nd pick.

I want Brewer.
sport1016
we do not need rudy gay or any sf bc we have deng and noc,

the qualities that u mentioned deng has and will have, he's not even 21. I think gay is going to be a bust personally. He has never really put on a dominant performance, he is juswt an athlete,

i would love to get a big sg that can play d and shoot, like brandpn roy or ronnie brewer, but they probably won't be available at our 2nd spot

What i would like to see the bulls attempt is to package both picks for a post player and a mid lottery pick. I don't know if there are any teams that meet that need.

An example, though i don't know if i'd like this, but it illustrates my point.

Hawks end up with the 6th pick. We trade them both picks and junk for al harrington and their 6th pick, which we use on brandon roy.

that way we get our post player and big 2guard through the draft essentially without having two rookies.

What lowe echelon teams have someone we'd be interested in. This would work for potential trading teams bc teams that will have lower picks are probably a few pieces away and could use the extra pick, as well as giving them the opportunity to move into the top 4.

Raptors, two picks and whatever they want that's not hinrich or deng for their first rounder and bosh? I'd love that, but brian colengelo isn't that stupid

Are there any of teams in this group that come to mind? Who are the teams with the mid lottery picks?
The Gladiator
My Plan is, I dont know if ne one would do this but it just might work. I would with the First Pick, Draft Tyrus Thomas. And then I say we trade Ben Gordon and Our First round pick this year to move up to say the number 6 or 7 spot to draft Rodney Carney. That would be my dream draft. And this is exactly what Pax wants, because he said on an interview on WGN the other day that he wants a Big Gaurd and A Big man, wich is obviously there needs but said he was impressed by Thomas and will take a good hard look at him. By saying he wants a big gaurd that can defend, Im thinking he is talking about Carney,Roy,Brewer. Those are the best Gaurd Defenders in the nation.
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 5 2006, 06:53 PM)
My Plan is, I dont know if ne one would do this but it just might work. I would with the First Pick, Draft Tyrus Thomas. And then I say we trade Ben Gordon and Our First round pick this year to move up to say the number 6 or 7 spot to draft Rodney Carney. That would be my dream draft. And this is exactly what Pax wants, because he said on an interview on WGN the other day that he wants a Big Gaurd and A Big man, wich is obviously there needs but said he was impressed by Thomas and will take a good hard look at him. By saying he wants a big gaurd that can defend, Im thinking he is talking about Carney,Roy,Brewer. Those are the best Gaurd Defenders in the nation.

I am willing to be he would rather just draft Brewer without having to trade Ben, than to trade Ben and get Carney.
Chisoxfn
I am willing to bet he won't be trading for a draft pick. We don't need 3 rookies from a down draft. We need some guys that are established to go with someone like Aldridge.
madisonsmadhouse
If we can get a legit big man with the first pick, I want to see the Bulls get an athletic SG with the next pick. They need a shutdown defender with some length who isn't afraid of the 4th quarter. I would love to see the Bulls get ahold of the kid from Washington, but I am afraid he will pull a Wade and be long gone.
maggsmaggs
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5 2006, 08:12 PM)
If we can get a legit big man with the first pick, I want to see the Bulls get an athletic SG with the next pick. They need a shutdown defender with some length who isn't afraid of the 4th quarter. I would love to see the Bulls get ahold of the kid from Washington, but I am afraid he will pull a Wade and be long gone.

I think Mardy Collins would be a perfect pick with our second. He would probably be there. He held Reddick to only 11 points in a game. He is 6-6 and can play PG and SG. He is a perfect combo guard who can defend the big SG that Gordon, Duhon and Hinrich have trouble against like Pierce, LJ, Redd, Rip and many others.
bulls91
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 5 2006, 05:48 PM)
Just wondering what you guys think we should do with our second draft pick. I know we all want the bulls to get Lamarcus with ther 1st. But the 2nd pick is still a little fuzzy on who we should pick up. I think we should pick up a SF because it would give us great depth at our SF position. Im think Rudy Gay. Hes a 6'9 SF he can shoot the mid-range jumper and has a fast first step which makes him a good slasher, which is the kind of player we are looking for.
What do you guys think?

i think that we trade our secound pick and sweets and pargo to a team so we can get roy that would be a great draft then we will trade ben for another post player that is needed on this team deaperately. huh.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 5 2006, 06:03 PM)

the qualities that u mentioned deng has and will have, he's not even 21. I think gay is going to be a bust personally. He has never really put on a dominant performance, he is juswt an athlete,

i would love to get a big sg that can play d and shoot, like brandpn roy or ronnie brewer, but they probably won't be available at our 2nd spot

What i would like to see the bulls attempt is to package both picks for a post player and a mid lottery pick. I don't know if there are any teams that meet that need.

Hawks end up with the 6th pick. We trade them both picks and junk for al harrington and their 6th pick, which we use on brandon roy.

that way we get our post player and big 2guard through the draft essentially without having two rookies.

What lowe echelon teams have someone we'd be interested in. This would work for potential trading teams bc teams that will have lower picks are probably a few pieces away and could use the extra pick, as well as giving them the opportunity to move into the top 4.

Raptors, two picks and whatever they want that's not hinrich or deng for their first rounder and bosh? I'd love that, but brian colengelo isn't that stupid

Are there any of teams in this group that come to mind? Who are the teams with the mid lottery picks?

why in the hell should we trade for Al when he is a FA after this season.
ZoomSlowik
The right answer is probably trade the other pick for anything even remotely useful to our team. At the rate we're going it looks like we'll sneak into the playoffs, meaning we probably can't get guys like Roy, Carney, Foye, or possibly Ronnie Brewer. We have to take Aldridge, Thomas, or Noah if they're available (in that order IMO) with the first pick, meaning we'd probably be looking for a guard.

However, if we keep the pick Corey Brewer might be there, and he's a guy I really like. He's 6'8" and is pretty athletic. He's pretty good mid-range and perimeter shooter, although he can be a little streaky. He's also a solid defender who usually matches up with the other team's best scorer for Florida (the job he did against Aflalo in the title game is a prime example). He does need to bulk up, and he needs to work on making plays off the dribble. However, for a guy that supposedly is late lottery or mid-rounder right now he's pretty solid.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 5 2006, 05:48 PM)
What do you guys think?

SF and PG are the only 2 positions we should not even consider in the draft. We have 2 potential all stars at sf right now with noch and deng. why add another? We need a PF and a center who can post up and give us a legitimate presence in the front court...then we need a tall athletic SG.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 5 2006, 06:03 PM)

Why we would trade for harrinton, he is a free agent?
We could just sign him and not give anything up...
Personally, I would like to draft aldridge with the 1st pick, sign harrington and keep our team in tact. Gordon is a great 6th man and will continue to improve. If we trade him, we will regret it. Not as much as Brand, but we will regret it.

With our 2nd pick, I would like to grab another post player or tall SG...it all depends on if we hold on to that 8th spot...
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 5 2006, 09:09 PM)
SF and PG are the only 2 positions we should not even consider in the draft. We have 2 potential all stars at sf right now with noch and deng. why add another? We need a PF and a center who can post up and give us a legitimate presence in the front court...then we need a tall athletic SG.

I agree with this 100%. SF and PG we are really deep even by NBA standards... Unless we were passing on the next big thing at one of those two positions, we shouldn't even bother, but no one knows if that guy even exsists in this draft so we shouldn't even waste our time. Big men come first, big guards second.
RememberThe90's
Does anyone have an opinion on Patrick O'Bryant the 7-footer from Bradley?

He is raw but I think he has alot of upside.

We could go with a big guard for our first pick(Carney, Roy) and then get O'Bryant with our second pick.
JPargo
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 6 2006, 08:19 AM)
Does anyone have an opinion on Patrick O'Bryant the 7-footer from Bradley?

He is raw but I think he has alot of upside.

We could go with a big guard for our first pick(Carney, Roy) and then get O'Bryant with our second pick.

Why would the bulls draft a big gurad as their first pick? That will probably be our focus as a 2nd free agent once we sign ourr main big man. But the bulls are more than likley gonna take Lamarcus as their 1st pick. And pick up a SF or MAYBE a SG( dont know why they would pick up a SG though)
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (JPargo @ Apr 6 2006, 08:29 AM)
Why would the bulls draft a big gurad as their first pick? That will probably be our focus as a 2nd free agent once we sign ourr main big man. But the bulls are more than likley gonna take Lamarcus as their 1st pick. And pick up a SF or MAYBE a SG( dont know why they would pick up a SG though)

Well to be honest I am not sold on any of the top big men in this draft
including Aldrige, Thomas...just my personal opinion.

I also beleive that Gordon's best role is 6th man coming off the bench for a spark.

We need a 6'6" 2 Guard that can score and give us better matchups defenisivley. He will play next to Hinrich.

also if you look to the 2007 draft there are some awesome big men that will probably declaring after their freshman seasons

Odent...Durant..etc...and I am hoping the Knicks suck next year too(i am sure they will) because we can swap picks with them in 07..If I am not mistaken.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 6 2006, 08:35 AM)

I also beleive that Gordon's best role is 6th man coming off the bench for a spark.

We need a 6'6" 2 Guard that can score and give us better matchups defenisivley. He will play next to Hinrich.

also if you look to the 2007 draft there are some awesome big men that will probably declaring after their freshman seasons

Odent...Durant..etc...and I am hoping the Knicks suck next year too(i am sure they will) because we can swap picks with them in 07..If I am not mistaken.

How cool would it be to get Aldridge this year and draft Oden next year all because we have both Knick's picks?! I'd say very cool.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 6 2006, 09:05 AM)
How cool would it be to get Aldridge this year and draft Oden next year all because we have both Knick's picks?! I'd say very cool.

With the draft skills of John Paxon I'd say he can make the Curry trade resemble the
infamous "Hershel Walker" deal.

headbang.gif
Iguana
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 6 2006, 09:06 AM)
With the draft skills of John Paxon I'd say he can make the Curry trade resemble the
infamous "Hershel Walker" deal.

headbang.gif

how sweet it would be if the Bulls turned out to have a run like the Cowboys. snr.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 6 2006, 08:35 AM)

I agree with you 100% about the big men in this draft having some big question marks. There isn't a single player in this draft that even screams all-star for sure at me. I wish we were looking at 2007's #1 pick instead. If we can package picks for an established scorer, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6 2006, 07:45 AM)
I agree with you 100% about the big men in this draft having some big question marks. There isn't a single player in this draft that even screams all-star for sure at me. I wish we were looking at 2007's #1 pick instead. If we can package picks for an established scorer, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The problem of course is that the fact that there is no one that teams will be desperate to get also means that there won't be teams desperate to give up a lot. For the same reason you'd want to hold onto a pick to get Reggie Bush or Lebron James if you're #1 that year, other teams would want to trade for that pick.

I'm starting more and more to think our best bet is to hope that guys turn out to be better NBA players than they seem, and they just need more development. You almost always can find an unexpected jewel or two in almost every draft. Think Chris Paul, Amare Stoudemire, etc. You just have to figure out which is the right guy to draft.

Oh...and hope the Knicks suck even worse in 06-07. That'd help too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.