Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Starting Lineup
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
So, we've seen multiple looks lately......lots to talk about

I read in the trib that we're likely to see krich, gordon, deng, pj and wallace for a while

I was really hoping for krich thabo deng noc and wallace, but i am warming up to the idea of our original starting 5 as gordon has figured out how to get to the hoop and he and deng make a nice 1-2 scoring punch in the starting lineup

one thing that worries me is that one thing we have been using as an advantage early will be missing from our now more traiditional starting lineup. I think the fact that every night either deng or noc had a mismatch offensively proved very beneficial.

my hope is that sweets or tyrus end up outworking pj for the starting 4 spot, but that's not as important to me as who starts at the 2

duhon is good and all, but he's really a travis best...as in a guy who is a career backup who could play solid minutes and spot start for a good team or start for below average teams
DutheDoduhon21
why are we going bacck to that? we went 3-3 with that lineup. i think noc should start instead of p.j.
sport1016
you can't have all your offense in the starting lineup

that's why i like thabo starting at the 2 when he's ready. He isnt going to need a lot of touches on O like deng and gordon do, but when he does get it he also has the ability to make things happen

Noc himself also suggested that he was too small to start alongside ben wallace

lately i've seen deng guarding more of the pfs anyway, but if he even noticed maybe it's for the best

i say this lineup only works if gordon and deng emerge as a true 1-2 scoring punch that good teams have. right now these guys are averaging 21 and 18 pts respectively....if both could increase those numbers just by a couple pts a game, we might have actually solved our problem of not having a go to guy but having two almost go to guys. That'll work for me
Bullies4Life
I say we start-

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
SF Deng
PF Brown
C Wallace

Bench- Nocioni (firepower, can sunstitute for either the SF or PF position)
Duhon-Nice backup point guard that can come in and settle things down if Hinrich or Gordon arent running the show too well...
Allen/Sweetney- Sweets has been a nice surprise as of late, and Allen can spread the floor with his outside J.
Thomas/Sefolosha- Energy players off the bench
Griffin- Veteran that comes in when thigns arent working too well.
Viktor- I think this guy can be a very nice role payer if he sees more time out there on the court...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.