Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jan 25th vs Mavericks 7pm CST
TalkBulls Forums > Help Section > The Archives
TeaLeafReaderII
Mavs come to town on thursday. Argueably the best team in the league.

Calling it now... Bulls win in a laugher that makes the Bears-Saints game look close. headbang.gif
bullssmilie1.jpg

Don't forget to get in you picks to click.
CryptViLL
should be a fun game to watch, mavs are a great team, will be a great test for the bulls
hinrich fan
If we do win that's fantabulous...we are gonna have a tough road swing West after Miami...hope we aren't embarassed on TNT. As always Go Bulls...and Go Bears!!!
MB33
Hope we bring our A game!
madisonsmadhouse
We usually can step up against these teams at home... the road is the problem.
CryptViLL
is it just me, or does anyone else seem to think the refs generally favor the home team?

maybe im alone or?
DrunkBomber
Im excited to see this game. We hung with the suns and should of beat them so lets see what we can do with these guys.
CryptViLL
gametime.
lets go bulls
TeaLeafReaderII
Da Bulls!

Bulls with the early lead!
CryptViLL
good start indeed
hinrich fan
Gordon is feeling it!
SoxFan1
Bulls held the Mavericks to a season-low 13 point quarter. I'll take it.
CryptViLL
so far, so good.
id be really happy with a 10 point lead going into halftime.
Chisoxfn
I'm at work but this pumps me up. Lets find a way to play the rest of the game as good as we did in the first quarter and put away one of the 2 best teams in the NBA.

Please let me get off of work earlier enough to catch at least the final quarter of this game.
CryptViLL
dam sorda let up there, but a 6 point lead, is better then behind.
2 quarters left. go bulls big win
SoxFan1
Defense not as good in the 2nd quarter. 47-41 Bulls lead at the half.

Big Ben with 5 points, 7 boards, and 3 swats in the 1st half.
CryptViLL
btw, jw, whats everyones thoughts on big ben at this point inthe season?

worth the money etc?

ive been away for about 3 weeks only watching a certain amount of games, havent got the total swift of things, hows big ben doing?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (CryptViLL @ Jan 25 2007, 06:10 PM) *
btw, jw, whats everyones thoughts on big ben at this point inthe season?

worth the money etc?

ive been away for about 3 weeks only watching a certain amount of games, havent got the total swift of things, hows big ben doing?

Honeslty, in terms of his on-the-court performance, he hasn't come close to earning the money yet. The nubmers actually say he's one of the least effective regular players in the NBA right now; the Bulls are actually better with him off the court than on. He's had a handful of games where he just takes over, but they're too few and far between right now. I don't know if its the lack of another big man or age or general malaise at having moved on from Detroit, but he's way down from last year.\

Hopefully he picks his game up for the playoffs.

The Good news tonight is that the Bulls held the Mavs to under 28% shooting in the first half. The bad news is the Mavs made up some of the difference at the line, but that's the defense we need to see the rest of the way to be at the top at the end.
CryptViLL
ah, thats what ive heard has been happening and just wanted to make sure it was legit.

That sucks, if he could really be all that he could be, our team could take the East easily.
CryptViLL
I didnt like the refs calls most of the third quarter...
but hey, i complain about that every game, nba officials to me do such a terrible job. I hate it.
Balta1701-B
You know a team has cranked it up on the defensive end when they give up a 27% clip from the field in the first half, and after the 3rd quarter, that number has gone down 1%.

Josh Howard is 1/15 from the Field. Dirk is 4/16. The defense came to play tonight. Now they need to finish the job.

The Bulls are also outrebounding the Mavs by 9. The only thing keeping the Mavs in this game is turnovers and free throws.
TeaLeafReaderII
Is it just me or are the refs refusing to call fouls on the Mavs?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 25 2007, 06:49 PM) *

8 fouls on the Mavs all game, 16 on the Bulls. Nowitzki is 12/13 from the line. That's the kind of thing I'd expect to see more on a game in Dallas, but I'm not watching the game anywhere but online.
danman31
The Bulls look pretty good, but I'm still scared they will blow a lead here. Dallas is too good to not have another run in them. Gotta love being able to hold them below 100 (barring a miracle or a billion overtimes).
CryptViLL

I didnt like the refs calls most of the third quarter...
but hey, i complain about that every game, nba officials to me do such a terrible job. I hate it.

Im with ya on that one buddy.
Chisoxfn
Now finish strong Chicago!!!
TeaLeafReaderII
Just play smart and they should be able to close this one out.
chilord
Quality win tonight.
WHarris1
Fuckin sick win.

Great games from Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and PJ Brown.
Balta1701-B
This team can be scary good when Ben Wallace and the Defense show up.

Held the Mavericks to 31% shooting. That's pretty darn impressive.
CryptViLL
good win indeed
DrunkBomber
This was a big win.
MB33
BG is a keeper!
WHarris1
This game further proves why trading Gordon/Deng would suck major ass.
ZoomSlowik
Definitely a monster game by the defense, everyone on Dallas had a bad shooting game. If it weren't for Dirk's free throws it would have been a blowout.
Chisoxfn
Freaking sweet...Way to go Bulls. They continue to prove that when they play hard and with energy that they can play with the best of em. I'd like to see some more consistency as well as the squad improving its killer instinct (of putting teams away) and I think we'll see us grab that 1 seed in the East.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 25 2007, 09:27 PM) *
This game further proves why trading Gordon/Deng would suck major ass.

So would Chris Duhon as the starting PG. blink.gif

Those are the problems that arrive when you try to acquire an All-star post player in his prime...
Tony82087
Had to follow on my phone at work, but really excited to see that final score. Great W.
danman31
From the Trib recap of the game:
Where have these kind of performances been all season? And can the Bulls do it again?

"More than ask myself, I ask them," Skiles said, smiling. "I'm curious as to why [energy] isn't always there. This is the kind of win that if you're smart about it, you can build on it."

Anyone else think that Skiles is being very egotistical there? It's as if he's saying 'it's not my fault, those damn players won't try often enough.' Isn't that also the coaches responsibility?
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Anyone else think that Skiles is being very egotistical there? It's as if he's saying 'it's not my fault, those damn players won't try often enough.' Isn't that also the coaches responsibility?

Yes. I think he's being egotistical. Yes, I think he's also correct.
That funky motion
Was it me or were the TNT guys kind of ripping on the Bulls, toward the end.
CryptViLL
im with ya on that one, it seemed like they did throughout the whole game.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:28 AM) *

But he's right. The biggest difference is the effort Wallace puts out. When Wallace puts out his A effort (or even B+ effort) we are the best team in the East no questions asked.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jan 26 2007, 01:27 PM) *
Was it me or were the TNT guys kind of ripping on the Bulls, toward the end.

If they did it would be something new. They usually are always saying how nice it is to watch the Bulls play and how they are the best team in the NBA when it comes to ball movement and just how they run there offense (from a basketball standpoint).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.