Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Around the NBA
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Chisoxfn
Here is a thread for NBA fans to discuss the rest of the league. For example...Kobe scores 81 again, everyone can go ahead and call him a ball hog in where. All while I call him amazing. biggrin.gif
Chisoxfn
Iverson will miss at least 1 game due to his ankle injury. It could be more.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13 2006, 10:55 PM)
Iverson will miss at least 1 game due to his ankle injury. It could be more.

That could be huge for the Bulls if Iverson misses any considerable amount of time. They really are in trouble if AI is out.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 03:57 PM)
That could be huge for the Bulls if Iverson misses any considerable amount of time. They really are in trouble if AI is out.

Webber has been playing ridiculous as of late though, so that helps them a lot. If he's out for an extended time than I think theyd' start to press and hit a funk.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 06:22 PM)
Webber has been playing ridiculous as of late though, so that helps them a lot. If he's out for an extended time than I think theyd' start to press and hit a funk.

Webber doesn't scare me at all. He quit playing defense years ago, and he thinks that Rex Grossman is a model of health. Igudola is the only guy on that team that is scary, and I think if he were the primary weapon, he wouldn't be nearly as good as when teams are scared of Iverson.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 04:23 PM)
Webber doesn't scare me at all. He quit playing defense years ago, and he thinks that Rex Grossman is a model of health. Igudola is the only guy on that team that is scary, and I think if he were the primary weapon, he wouldn't be nearly as good as when teams are scared of Iverson.

Technically speaking Webber had I think 1 yerar where he was hurt (last year he was banged up). This season he's been a total rock. He isn't as athletic as he once was, but he's still one of the better 4's in the game.

Igu is an impressive specimen but he still has a lot to learn and can be taken out of games (just like Deng can from time to time). Dalembert has been in a funk though for the Sixers.
Timoperezrulez
Chris Weber = rich mans Darius Songilia
Heads22
Timo, make ya sig smaller.
madisonsmadhouse
Emeka Okafur is done for the season. Damn, we needed him to come back so that they could win a few more games and stay behind the Knicks for the first pick race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2368833
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 06:27 PM)
Technically speaking Webber had I think 1 yerar where he was hurt (last year he was banged up). This season he's been a total rock. He isn't as athletic as he once was, but he's still one of the better 4's in the game.

Igu is an impressive specimen but he still has a lot to learn and can be taken out of games (just like Deng can from time to time). Dalembert has been in a funk though for the Sixers.

Doesn't look like they're playing Dalembert much...
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 14 2006, 06:39 PM)
Chris Weber = rich mans Darius Songilia

He's having an outstanding offensive season...still a great passer...
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 15 2006, 11:14 AM)
Doesn't look like they're playing Dalembert much...

From fanball:

Former starting center Samuel Dalembert continues to come off the bench and work his way back from injury, while former backup Stephen Hunter continues to produce in the starting unit. "Sam is working his way back in the lineup," head coach Maurice Cheeks told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I don't know when. He will be back starting at some point. I just want him to be consistent; I want him to be aggressive, that's all. It has something to do with Steven; it has something to do with us as a team."
Our View

Until further notice, Dalembert is virtually unusable; he's averaging just three boards and three points per game in 13.6 minutes over his last five outings. Those owners who were enjoying his NBA-best shot blocking should consider grabbing Hunter for the time being.

And to think...they wanted to unload Stephen Hunter back in mid-February. You have got to know that Sammy is injury-prone by now. With Dalembert injured and Hunter in Charlotte, who would have been their starting center? Some dude named Zendon Hamilton. unsure.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 15 2006, 11:16 AM)
He's having an outstanding offensive season...still a great passer...

ever sense i saw him make that game winning three poniter in the pre-season i knew that he was going to be special and that he will be here for a few more seasons he was a great steal in the FA last year and hopefully Paxson can find a big man the same way.
hammerhead johnson
So, Brian Hill was mostly referring to Dwight Howard when he was talking spiff about the Magic players and how they don't feel like trying. Darko Milicic started in place of Dwight, but when he finally entered the game towards the end of the 1st Quarter, he proceeded to go 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from the free throw line in his first 5 minutes on the court.

Play angry, Dwight. biggrin.gif
hammerhead johnson
So, the Suns are favored to win by 17 points tonight against the Trailblazers. biggrin.gif

The Blazers may suck uncontrollably, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and put some money on them seeing as how the Suns won't have any starters in the game by the time the 4th Quarter rolls around.
hammerhead johnson
I picked up Chris Wilcox on my fantasy squad as soon as he was traded to Seattle back on February 22nd. For a while there, it was looking like a pretty stupid move. However, in his last two games:

Vs. Sacramento: 40 Minutes, 58% FG, 16 Points, 19 Rebounds
Vs. Milwaukee: 40 Mintues, 72% FG, 30 Points, 14 Rebounds

That ain't too shabby.

Chris might not be able to play defense too well, but he is a special offensive player in the paint. Look at his FG% on a game-by-game basis over Seattle's last 15 contests:

72% (10-14)
58% (7-12)
50% (8-16)
50% (4-8)
75% (9-12)
63% (5-8)
40% (4-10)
72% (5-7)
56% (5-9)
67% (4-6)
78% (7-9)
58% (7-12)
80% (8-10)
57% (4-7)
60% (3-5)

Chris Wilcox Game Log

I mean, holy freaking spiff. I can see this guy leading the NBA in FG% in the very near future. The best that the Clippers could get for him was Radmanovic, eh? Could you imagine him on the Bulls, next to Chandler?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Mar 23 2006, 04:31 PM)
So, the Suns are favored to win by 17 points tonight against the Trailblazers. biggrin.gif

The Blazers may suck uncontrollably, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and put some money on them seeing as how the Suns won't have any starters in the game by the time the 4th Quarter rolls around.

More importantly there were some rumors that Amare could play as soon as tonight. Don't know if he did, but thats really good news for the Suns. That should give him just enough time to be in playing shape come the start of the playoffs.

Indiana is also a whole lot better with O'Neal back. He looked good against us and he is one of the best bigs in the league. I'd love him in red and black next year.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 23 2006, 09:53 PM)
More importantly there were some rumors that Amare could play as soon as tonight. Don't know if he did, but thats really good news for the Suns. That should give him just enough time to be in playing shape come the start of the playoffs.

Indiana is also a whole lot better with O'Neal back. He looked good against us and he is one of the best bigs in the league. I'd love him in red and black next year.

20 points and 9 rebounds in 19 minutes for Amare.
hammerhead johnson
From fanball:

Suns: Nash trying to join elite company

Phoenix point guard Steve Nash is close to becoming the fourth player in NBA history to shoot at least 50 percent from the field, 40 percent from three-point range and 90 percent from the free throw line while meeting the league's minimum requirements. Nash is shooting 51.3 percent from the floor, 42.9 percent from the three-point line and 92.3 percent from the free throw line this season.

If Nash keeps up the pace, he'll join Reggie Miller, Mark Price and Larry Bird in the 50-40-90 club. It's just coincidence that 50 plus 40 equals 90.
hammerhead johnson
fanball:

Bobcats: Wallace on the verge of history

Gerald Wallace is vying to become the first player in 14 years, and only the third in the NBA overall, to average over two blocks and two steals per game. Only David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon have accomplished the feat since the league started recording blocked shots in 1973. Wallace, who missed the Bobcats last game on Wednesday, is listed as a starter for Friday, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Fantasy owners in daily transaction leagues should roll the dice on Wallace if indeed they are chasing the steals and block categories. Otherwise, don't gamble on an injury-prone guy who's playing for a last-place team in March.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 24 2006, 12:33 AM)
20 points and 9 rebounds in 19 minutes for Amare.

Not bad, although he did pretty much all of his damage in garbage time. The Suns ended up winning by exactly 17 points with Diaw and Stoudemire out on the court for the majority of the 4th Quarter. Bastards. biggrin.gif
hammerhead johnson
Lots of interesting tidbits on fanball today:

Lakers: Free tacos equals better defense

Apparently all it takes are some tacos to play defense. The LA Times reported that since a fast-food promotion started in February, the Lakers have held six of 12 opponents at home below 90 points, earning fans a voucher for two free tacos. The Lakers had not held an opponent below 90 all season until the promotion started.

We fail to see the connection between tacos and defense, but we're suddenly ready for lunch. Anyone feel like Mexican?
hammerhead johnson
How about this scoring exchange?

Mavericks: Dirk drops 51 in defeat

Dirk Nowitzki scored 51 points -- two shy of his career high -- in Thursday's 122-121 loss to the Warriors. He shot 16-of-24 from the field, 3-of-4 from three-point range, and 16-for-17 at the free throw line.

Dirk's career-high 53 points came in an overtime game against the Rockets in December 2004. Nowitzki won the scoring duel against the Warriors' Jason Richardson (40 points) on Thursday, but J-Rich got his redemption by hitting the game-winning three pointer.

Warriors: Richardson scores 40

Jason Richardson's last-second three-pointer against the Mavericks meant a victory for his team and another 40-point game for himself. Richardson finished Thursday's game with exactly 40 points and made five of 10 shots from beyond the arc.
Our View

Another outrageous performance by J-Rich, who is becoming one of the most explosive scorers in the NBA. Thursday's game was the third time this month Richardson has scored at least 40 points in a game.

How in the hell did the Warriors beat the Mavericks without Baron Davis & Dirk dropping fitty on them? ohmy.gif
soxfan101
can you imagine the combo of Arenas and Richardson...... 2 bad Arenas went for the money.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:22 PM)
can you imagine the combo of Arenas and Richardson...... 2 bad Arenas went for the money.

I don't think that Golden State really knew what they had, either.

Pietrus is going to go elsewhere and dominate people on the defensive end. Golden State can draft them, but they just can't seem to develop them. Even Larry Hughes could qualify as offensive assassin with that damn near automatic mid-range jump shot, and he sucked when he was on Golden State.
soxfan101
Well I remember a lot of golden state fans were really pissed when they didnt bring back Arenas because im pretty sure he was a big fan favorite and everything... oh well.
soxfan101
Dont know if it was said somewhere but Jamal Mashburn retired.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak0Z...ov=ap&type=lgns
SoxFan1
That is really unfortunate for Mash. He was getting into the prime of his career and chronic inhury problems plagued him. Too bad.
SleepyWhiteSox
suns got crushed.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28 2006, 01:59 AM)
suns got crushed.

Them getting held to 72 points was the big shocker there! ohmy.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28 2006, 09:07 AM)
Them getting held to 72 points was the big shocker there! ohmy.gif

Last night proved why they probably can't win it all.

If the jump shot isn't on, forget it.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28 2006, 09:16 AM)
Last night proved why they probably can't win it all.

If the jump shot isn't on, forget it.

Remember, their jump shot only has to be on 4/7 times.
Balta1701-B
Pacers to retire #31 this Thursday.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 28 2006, 03:31 PM)
Remember, their jump shot only has to be on 4/7 times.

So do you think they can win it all?
SleepyWhiteSox
The more I see bowen make dirty plays, the more I dislike him..

There was a discussion about him before on soxtalk about him making the US team...glad he's not.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28 2006, 09:33 PM)

There was a discussion about him before on soxtalk about him making the US team...glad he's not.

But he's from Cal State Fullerton headbang.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
LeBron is very good. 47 - 10 dimes - 12 boards, and he outdueled Wade.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 28 2006, 11:33 PM)

Bowen is the freaking man. He is arguably a Top 5 perimiter defender in the history of the NBA. The Spurs wouldn't be winning for championships post-Robinson if they didn't have him. You can't spiff on him.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 4 2006, 10:43 PM)
Bowen is the freaking man. He is arguably a Top 5 perimiter defender in the history of the NBA. The Spurs wouldn't be winning for championships post-Robinson if they didn't have him. You can't spiff on him.

I wanna kick him in the back...
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 1 2006, 08:17 PM)
LeBron is very good. 47 - 10 dimes - 12 boards, and he outdueled Wade.

thats not surprising lebron is the cavaliers team practically
greasywheels121
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...025/1004/SPORTS

Pacers trade Croshere to the Mavs for Marquis Daniels.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:20 PM)
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...025/1004/SPORTS

Pacers trade Croshere to the Mavs for Marquis Daniels.

Great deal for the Pacers. Jeez, if the price was that low, Pax should have gotten him before we drafted Thabo.
Brian
Pittsnoggle signs as a FA with Boston.
dasox24
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 29 2006, 12:33 AM) *

Well, unfortunately for you guys who don't like Bowen, he did make the USA National Team.

As for that Pacers deal, I didn't even hear about that until reading this, and that's a great deal for the Pacers, talent-wise.

Oh, and Augustine signed his contract with Orlando. Let's hope he makes the team! He should.
greasywheels121
I can breathe a little bit. It was always thought Harrington was going to be coming back to the Pacers, but then he got a new agent. It was thought that would open talks up again with the rest of the league. However, it's being reported that the Pacers are close to signing AH again.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...018/1004/SPORTS
WHarris1
Gooden resigns with Cavs; 3YR/23M
greasywheels121
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Aug 14 2006, 11:26 AM) *
I can breathe a little bit. It was always thought Harrington was going to be coming back to the Pacers, but then he got a new agent. It was thought that would open talks up again with the rest of the league. However, it's being reported that the Pacers are close to signing AH again.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...018/1004/SPORTS

Or not.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../608190451/1088
greasywheels121
QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Aug 19 2006, 09:51 AM) *

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../608230444/1088

And I breathe again; it's officially a done deal. biggrin.gif

This puts the Pacers in MUCH better shape for next season.
CryptViLL
some players im keeping my eye on

Hakkim Warrick - I have him on 95% of my fantasy teams, hes looking really good

K. Martin (Sacremento) - Hes also looking Very good, and i have him on most of m fantasy teams aswell.

C. Wilcox - Looking good

just some players that i think have a good chance to have really good years.

How about them 76er's looking very good thus far?
Im also liking teams such as orlando, charlotte, looking like fun to watch young teams.
hinrich fan
QUOTE (iWiN4PreP @ Nov 5 2006, 06:02 PM) *
some players im keeping my eye on

Hakkim Warrick - I have him on 95% of my fantasy teams, hes looking really good

K. Martin (Sacremento) - Hes also looking Very good, and i have him on most of m fantasy teams aswell.

C. Wilcox - Looking good

just some players that i think have a good chance to have really good years.

How about them 76er's looking very good thus far?
Im also liking teams such as orlando, charlotte, looking like fun to watch young teams.

add the Hornets to that list...Chandler had 15 boards...including 8 off. boards...they're looking good...even if they don't know what city they'll be in. What no Toronto 4 U???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.