Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What a waste of my day and the season
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the life has been sucked out of them. I was hoping all season and especially all week and today that we would pull off a trade to make my favorite team better. But like always, my hopes went unanswered.

The Bulls better hope they get somebody great in the draft or somehow pull off a great trade this summer b/c if not I'm going to be real pissed. I've been a fan through thick and thin and I'm tired of my emotions being played with. I want this team to get over the hump and I want it sooner rather than later.

We still have a chance to make some serious playoff noise in the East but I was really disappointed that we didn't do something to propel us to an elite team or at least give us a better chance of making it to the East finals or beyond.

Well, I guess the next thing to look forward to is the draft. I'm praying the Knicks allow something special to happen for us.

Until then, we'll have to wait it out and hope this Bulls team has an awesome second half and playoff run.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I agree, but how do you think both Ben's feel after saying we need a low post scorer and then Wallace said we can't win the way this team is now. I bet he feels like spiff and so do I. This team has NO chance to win, none. If we gave up Deng its likely we would still have Nocioni who is the same player Deng is. Both are slashers and they have some outside game, Noc more than Deng. Im dissapointed in this team. I feel like watching them until the playoffs is a waste of time. The only thing that would make me feel better is if Tyrus emerges and becomes our starting PF and puts up great numbers.
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 22 2007, 04:53 PM) *
The only thing that would make me feel better is if Tyrus emerges and becomes our starting PF and puts up great numbers.

Which won't happen this year, so I guess this season really is a waste of time. Tyrus probably won't be ready to do that until his 3rd year in the league (if then)
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Feb 22 2007, 04:57 PM) *
Which won't happen this year, so I guess this season really is a waste of time. Tyrus probably won't be ready to do that until his 3rd year in the league (if then)

Yep, most likely.. What a bummer this season has been. GOD NOT EVEN SHAREEF OR WELLS? WE COULDN'T AFFORD ANYBODY?
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 22 2007, 05:10 PM) *
Yep, most likely.. What a bummer this season has been. GOD NOT EVEN SHAREEF OR WELLS? WE COULDN'T AFFORD ANYBODY?

We could afford anybody. We just didn't have a GM willing to trade away what he has created.
DrunkBomber
With Wade out the Knicks might even slip into the playoffs. I would be pissed if we didnt even get a lottery pick out of them. Im assuming the Bulls will make some noise this offseason but I thought they would before the trade deadline too, so who knows.
Wanne
I'm kind of hedging on this. While Deng is a very good young player....I don't think he'll ever be elevated to "star" status. I guess that's what bothers me. I think Gordon has a better chance of getting to that level than Deng...but even Gordon is a push.
MB33
I think BG7 will be an all star!
eddog2
That's why I'm praying for Durant.
dasox24
Yall shouldn't be so worked up over this. We'll be fine. We always play well down the stretch, and we've got one hell of a talented team. I wouldn't want to face us in the playoffs.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Feb 22 2007, 06:09 PM) *
That's why I'm praying for Durant.

Lol thats a long shot but If he landed in our hands I would probably go insane.
dasox24
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 22 2007, 08:56 PM) *
Lol thats a long shot but If he landed in our hands I would probably go insane.

haha, yeah, there's no way we get a high enough pick for Durant (or Oden), but I'm still holding out for a high enough pick for someone like Horford (though still not likely) or McRoberts (more likely).
ChiTown
Im glad we didnt make a trade for anyone, it would be stupid to trade or talented youth players.

Regardless we will make the playoffs so Im not too worried.
Balta1701-B
By the way, I know he didn't play tonight, but I think today was a huge vote of confidence on the part of the organization in Tyrus Thomas.
RME JICO
I think this team is starting to get it in gear. They held Atlanta to 8 points and 0 FGs in the 3rd Quarter on Tuesday and held the Cavs to 9 points and 4 FGs tonight in the 2nd quarter. They also limited the Cavs to only one shot per possession that entire quarter.

Obviously they can't do that for an entire game, but shutting teams down for that amount of time is pretty dominant.

Also, it looks like Big Ben is heating up (last two games):

18 PTS (9 PPG)
33 REB (16.5 RPG)
9 BLK (4.5 BLK)
4 STL (2.0 STL)
7 AST (3.5 AST)

Everything for this team starts on the Defensive end, when it is dominant they have a chance to win every game.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
But tell me this, come playoff time when people start double teaming Ben Gordon and Kirk is off or in foul trouble, who do we go to to score?
RME JICO
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 22 2007, 10:57 PM) *
But tell me this, come playoff time when people start double teaming Ben Gordon and Kirk is off or in foul trouble, who do we go to to score?

Deng and Noc.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (RME JICO @ Feb 22 2007, 10:28 PM) *
Deng and Noc.

Neither of them are capable of getting you consistent easy baskets at the rim, why? Because we have no post player on the team. Nocioni has turned himself into a strictly outside shooter IMO. Deng posts up on ocassions but he fades away most of the time and doesnt get an easy shot.
eddog2
It's not that I don't think the Bulls have a chance for a high seed in the East or that I don't think they can beat any team from the east in the playoffs, it's that I really wanted the Bulls to address their void at the PF this season and not next or the season after that.

The Bulls had a very, very good chance at dominating the East and possibly the league by getting that quality PF that they need. Ben Wallace is starting to play good which is all the more reason we could have used someone next to him. The Bulls are going to be a good team the rest of the way but we are one injury away from not making out of the first round again. I went through the 20 win season (and less) waiting for the Bulls to make the playoffs. Quite frankly, I expect more after going to the playoffs two years in a row. We should be done rebuilding by this point and should have the ability to make it to the east finals.

I don't want the Bulls to mess up their chances and not take advantage of a weak east. Next year, the East may have a team or two that are better than the Bulls hands down. I hope not but you can't just asume that next year will be a better year.

If Carter goes to Orlando and Orlando gets that guy from overseas (Fran Vasquez who many touted as the next Pau Gasol) that they've hyped for so long, ithey could be the best team next season. You just never know and you can't take things for granted.
madisonsmadhouse
Elton Brand
Brad Miller
Ron Artest
Eddy Curry
Tyson Chandler
Bruce Bowen
Trenton Hassell
JR Smith

There is a lesson for you guys who think Pax had to make a move.

The Bulls have an excellent recent history in identifying and aquiring talent. The problem is, they don't have enough patience with these guys to let them develop and come into their own. They have repeatedly got caught up in the win now mentality, and look what has happened. Kudos to John Paxson for finally learning his lesson. You guys could learn something from him as well.
ChitownMan
Yet all of you who say that by Pax not making a move that the status quo is acceptable. I agree with the thought of not trading away core talent that will keep us going however, every team knows that we do not have a threat up front and once you take the guards out of their safety zone of shooting, this team falls short. I am shocked that Sports Illustrated is predicting that we will be the fifth seed in the playoffs with a first round series against Toronto. With the Bulls having the better record, home court for this series will be with Chicago and making it to the second round. I am not sure that is going to be accurate and really see this as being the third straight season of one playoff series and done. Something had to be done to help this team excel even more and yet nothing was accomplished. I am tired of a little taste of the playoffs and hope that some how next season there will be something more added to this puzzle that will make the Bulls a team to be reckoned with. I am also starting to think that this team will only get so far with Scott Skiles as head coach. More changes need to be made and made soon to get the Bulls further in the playoffs.
GreatScott82
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Feb 23 2007, 10:10 AM) *
The Bulls have an excellent recent history in identifying and aquiring talent. The problem is, they don't have enough patience with these guys to let them develop and come into their own. They have repeatedly got caught up in the win now mentality, and look what has happened. Kudos to John Paxson for finally learning his lesson. You guys could learn something from him as well.

I think they had pleanty of patience with guys like Chandler and Curry and they would have kept both of them if Curry didn't have that heart debacle. This team would be damn good if both stayed....
Paxon had to do something with Curry's absence so he signed the highest defensive profiled player out there in Big Ben. And since he plays Chandlers possition- he was forced to deal him for salary cap reasons. This team is still not complete from that Curry deal. Will Tyrus Thomas eventually be a good player in this league? Yea i think so... but i believe he is on the wrong team to develop. I expect Paxon to deal him, Gordon, and both of our first round draft picks in 2007 to aqcuire Kevin Garnett. Then we will be the automatic favorites in the East for sure.
Who will play the SG then? Well it will be time for Sefolosha to step up his game... or even possibly have a big back court with Noc playing the SG next season.
Imagine a starting lineup like this next year:
Wallace C
Garnett PF
Deng SF
Nocioni SG
Hinrich PG

Now thats druel worthy. But as for now.. i think now that Noc returned and they are all relaxed because they know they are not being traded, I expect a 4th seed and a first round playoff winner. We will then be matched up vs the Pistons where the Bulls will lose that series 4-2.
madisonsmadhouse
Also of note, it wasn't Sacremento that turned down the deal for Rahim. The Bulls offered PJ Brown and a second round pick, and the Kings turned it down, according to the Trib.

The really interesting part is that the closest the Bulls got to a deal was with the Hated Pistons for Nazi Mohammed. They offered a bunch of the expiring contracts for him, but they declined.
soxfan3530
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 22 2007, 10:50 PM) *
Neither of them are capable of getting you consistent easy baskets at the rim, why? Because we have no post player on the team. Nocioni has turned himself into a strictly outside shooter IMO. Deng posts up on ocassions but he fades away most of the time and doesnt get an easy shot.

Then he must be pretty amazing since last time i checked he was shooting 52% from the field. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.