Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loss to 76ers shows our weaknesses
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
Last night's loss clearly shows that we need at least 2 low post scorers. chucking up 3's and undersized guards driving wildly in the lane is not going to cut it. If we had 2 legitimate low post threats we could feed the ball to them, especially when we shoot so poorly all night long. Even if they are off or miss, there is still a good likelyhood they would be fouled and we could keep it close with free throws. Also, it will free up our perimeter players to shoot more freely and will give us opportunities for easier shots.

I still will never understand the lineup's Skiles puts in. I understand Deng was injured, but in crucial moments Hinrich was out of the game and he had pargo and Allen in...We really could have used some low post scoring, so why not give Seets a chance? Let him try to get the Bulls a few muscle points in the paint. Instead, we have to watch Allen try to score, which is not his game and he shouldn't be put in that position.

When we match up with a team that is that much taller in the front court it kills us. We need at least 2 low post players with height this offseason. I don't know what combination we will go, but I hope it will include a veteran and a rookie...Hopefully Aldridge and Harrington from ATL...

PS-Noch showed once again he is the Bulls MVP this season. He has improved his game dramatically and I expect him to do the same this offseason. Hopefully, some of the other Bulls will take a cue from him.
The Gladiator
What it showed me is, that we need DENG!!!! We have no one who drives to the Basket besides noc. Everyone just stands around, setting so many pick and rolls and dont get ne points out of them all the while we just shoot threes. DENG IS OUR MVP By Far!! He is probably our Best Defender too. Noc has been good but let me remind you, he has only had about 2 good weeks, didnt really do a WHOLE lot before then. Some, but not a lot.
bulls91
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 9 2006, 10:00 AM)
Last night's loss clearly shows that we need at least 2 low post scorers. chucking up 3's and undersized guards driving wildly in the lane is not going to cut it. If we had 2 legitimate low post threats we could feed the ball to them, especially when we shoot so poorly all night long. Even if they are off or miss, there is still a good likelyhood they would be fouled and we could keep it close with free throws. Also, it will free up our perimeter players to shoot more freely and will give us opportunities for easier shots.

I still will never understand the lineup's Skiles puts in. I understand Deng was injured, but in crucial moments Hinrich was out of the game and he had pargo and Allen in...We really could have used some low post scoring, so why not give Seets a chance? Let him try to get the Bulls a few muscle points in the paint. Instead, we have to watch Allen try to score, which is not his game and he shouldn't be put in that position.

When we match up with a team that is that much taller in the front court it kills us. We need at least 2 low post players with height this offseason. I don't know what combination we will go, but I hope it will include a veteran and a rookie...Hopefully Aldridge and Harrington from ATL...

PS-Noch showed once again he is the Bulls MVP this season. He has improved his game dramatically and I expect him to do the same this offseason. Hopefully, some of the other Bulls will take a cue from him.

that is exactly what we need two low post players and also a tall SG then we would be a contender for a championship.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 11:37 AM)
What it showed me is, that we need DENG!!!! We have no one who drives to the Basket besides noc. Everyone just stands around, setting so many pick and rolls and dont get ne points out of them all the while we just shoot threes. DENG IS OUR MVP By Far!! He is probably our Best Defender too. Noc has been good but let me remind you, he has only had about 2 good weeks, didnt really do a WHOLE lot before then. Some, but not a lot.

Dude, Noch is a far better defender... If you are basing his defense when he is guarding a PF who is 4-7 inches taller than him and outweighs him, that's not fair. Only bc he is a better defender than Deng, he is asked to play PF. Deng is 2 inches taller and would provide a better matchup, but noch is more powerful and plays better D. Noch is a better shooter and is way more aggressive driving to the hoop than Deng.

I love Deng, but Noch is by far my favorite Bull. If he improves next year as much as he did this year, he will be an all star. I haven't seen that much improvement from Deng, but to be fair, he was injured end of last season and over the summer.

I really hope Deng can improve his game and play SG next year. This team would be really tough to beat with Deng at SG(6'9!) and Noch at SF...then we add 2 low post players, possibly Harrington from ATL at PF and Aldridge in the draft...that wouldbe a tough lineup to contend with....then we could have chandler and gordon come off the bench....I think we would still not be at detroit's level, but the matchup would be reminiscent of the 89 and 90 bulls when they were close and Detroit was the best in the nba...once we mature, history will repeat itself.
Cute Little Bulls Fan
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 11:37 AM)

Exactly..Deng brings so much, they looked so lost without him.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ Apr 9 2006, 02:55 PM)
Exactly..Deng brings so much, they looked so lost without him.

Deng and Noc are about the only two players on our team that are agressive almost every time the ball is in there hands. Hirnich, to a lesser extent, plays this way as well, although he doesn't have the size to muscle inside (but he does a great job getting into the paint and either scoring or dishing).

With Deng out it made us even more of a jump shooting team and thats just a bad sign. Hopefully he'll be ready to go on Monday (I assume thats when our next game is).
The Gladiator
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 9 2006, 04:21 PM)
Dude, Noch is a far better defender... If you are basing his defense when he is guarding a PF who is 4-7 inches taller than him and outweighs him, that's not fair. Only bc he is a better defender than Deng, he is asked to play PF. Deng is 2 inches taller and would provide a better matchup, but noch is more powerful and plays better D. Noch is a better shooter and is way more aggressive driving to the hoop than Deng.

I love Deng, but Noch is by far my favorite Bull. If he improves next year as much as he did this year, he will be an all star. I haven't seen that much improvement from Deng, but to be fair, he was injured end of last season and over the summer.

I really hope Deng can improve his game and play SG next year. This team would be really tough to beat with Deng at SG(6'9!) and Noch at SF...then we add 2 low post players, possibly Harrington from ATL at PF and Aldridge in the draft...that wouldbe a tough lineup to contend with....then we could have chandler and gordon come off the bench....I think we would still not be at detroit's level, but the matchup would be reminiscent of the 89 and 90 bulls when they were close and Detroit was the best in the nba...once we mature, history will repeat itself.

Havent seen much improvement? Luol Deng is 20 years old! Just think at what he will do when hes 24-30? Noc is not our best defender, hes just the hardest worker on his team and hustles more than ne one in the NBA. Deng has so much length and is scrappy. Noc has actually played some pretty good D on the PF's. IMO I think Deng is our best defender.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 03:32 PM)
Havent seen much improvement? Luol Deng is 20 years old! Just think at what he will do when hes 24-30? Noc is not our best defender, hes just the hardest worker on his team and hustles more than ne one in the NBA. Deng has so much length and is scrappy. Noc has actually played some pretty good D on the PF's. IMO I think Deng is our best defender.

Umm...Noc, Deng neither of them even compare to what Hinrich does to opposing guards (especially PG's and most SG's although he can only do so much against the taller SG's in this league and thats why we need to replace Ben with a real SG).

Than next to Hinrich (who is our best defender) we have Chandler who for the most part is the best defender on our court (as well as rebounder). However Chandler does not get my vote for best defender on this team because he isn't on the cuort enough, nor is he consistent enough.
JPargo
i was watching the Spurs Grizzlies game and i was focusing on Nazr. I think he would be a great player to have on the team but he is getting older. I think the bulls should go after Nene, Gooden, or Nazr in the summer. And pick up 2 quality big men in the Draft.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9 2006, 05:46 PM)
Umm...Noc, Deng neither of them even compare to what Hinrich does to opposing guards (especially PG's and most SG's although he can only do so much against the taller SG's in this league and thats why we need to replace Ben with a real SG).

Than next to Hinrich (who is our best defender) we have Chandler who for the most part is the best defender on our court (as well as rebounder). However Chandler does not get my vote for best defender on this team because he isn't on the cuort enough, nor is he consistent enough.

im srry ChiSox but you way Off! Chandler is not a good defender, when was the last time he took a charge? He is pathetic when gaurding opposing Centers, they just muscle him up and score easy points. The only thing he does well is blks shots and rebounds. Hinrich is a good defender but I honestly think he was better his ROOKIE year than he is this year for some reason.
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 07:29 PM)
im srry ChiSox but you way Off! Chandler is not a good defender, when was the last time he took a charge? He is pathetic when gaurding opposing Centers, they just muscle him up and score easy points. The only thing he does well is blks shots and rebounds. Hinrich is a good defender but I honestly think he was better his ROOKIE year than he is this year for some reason.

Since when do we judge defensive ability on taking charges?
DutheDoduhon21
chandler is our best defender thats what he gets paid for duhons pretty good too
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 9 2006, 07:41 PM)

Well considering This is "Scott Skiles" Defense. He just Doesnt play good On Ball Defense meaning gaurding the Low Post. He is at his best when he comes over to help cuz he will blk alot of shots. Deng and Noc Do it all. The only reason I choose Deng over Noc is because Of Dengs Length. Ill admit, I am somewhat of A Deng homer (Afterall hes in my sig) But Id agree that Noc and Deng are our Best Defenders. But Chandler IMO isnt considered our best Defender.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Apr 9 2006, 07:44 PM)
chandler is our best defender thats what he gets paid for duhons pretty good too

Hey DutheDoduhon21 welcome aboard! cheers.gif Hope you like it here.
WHarris1
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 07:45 PM)
Well considering This is "Scott Skiles" Defense. He just Doesnt play good On Ball Defense meaning gaurding the Low Post. He is at his best when he comes over to help cuz he will blk alot of shots. Deng and Noc Do it all. The only reason I choose Deng over Noc is because Of Dengs Length. Ill admit, I am somewhat of A Deng homer (Afterall hes in my sig) But Id agree that Noc and Deng are our Best Defenders. But Chandler IMO isnt considered our best Defender.

He may not be our best defender but I would say Tyson Chandler is a very good defender. He changes a lot of shots in the paint and blocks a fair share.
The Gladiator
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 9 2006, 07:47 PM)
He may not be our best defender but I would say Tyson Chandler is a very good defender. He changes a lot of shots in the paint and blocks a fair share.

Yes, I would Agree with that wink.gif
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 9 2006, 07:29 PM)

Very good point.

He is not a very good one-on-one defender. He gets outmuscled by just about every PF and C and does not alter shots nearly as much as some of you claim. Plus the dumb fouls also keep him from being a very good defender. What he does do is swat balls when guards or small forwards are led to him as help defense...
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 9 2006, 05:41 PM)

Since when do centers take charges anyway.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 9 2006, 07:47 PM)

The only thing Tyson has going for him is his size and athleticism. He is a terrible on ball defender. He commits very stupid fouls and consistently leaves his feat and swats at smaller guards driving in the lane. He is a good help defender, coming over to change shots.

I agree his our best rebounder, but again, it's due to his height and winspan, not skills. He has a very low basketball IQ and has not improved that very much at all in 5 years.

Noch is consistent and our toughest defender. How many 6'7 sf's could guard 6'11 pfs's?
He is going to be an all star if given the chance to play heavy minutes here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.