Chisoxfn

W L PCT GB
Toronto 22 41 .349 28 ½
Orlando 22 41 .349 28 ½
Atlanta 20 41 .328 29 ½
Portland 20 42 .323 30
Charlotte 18 46 .281 33
New York 17 45 .274 33

As of right now, Knicks (Bulls have there pick) are worse in the loss colum, but have played 2 less games than the Bobcats.
Timoperezrulez
Remember, it doesn't matter as much in basketball as it does in football who standings wise is the worst team. It just means they have a SLIGHTLY better chance of winning the draft loto.So basically 1 or 2 games either way dont matter.
BV1998
QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 14 2006, 11:11 AM)
Remember, it doesn't matter as much in basketball as it does in football who standings wise is the worst team. It just means they have a SLIGHTLY better chance of winning the draft loto.So basically 1 or 2 games either way dont matter.

lets be realistic, what it really depends on is what order David Stern wants it to be.
madisonsmadhouse
If the Knicks finish with the worst record in the NBA the worst they can do is the 4th pick and that is if three teams pass them by. Also keep in mind if the Bulls don't make the playoffs they go into the playoff lottery, and also have the potential of jumping into the top 3 picks, though with much smaller odds. At the worst then 3 teams would have to have their combinations picked before the Knicks, and one of them not be the Bulls.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 01:07 PM)
If the Knicks finish with the worst record in the NBA the worst they can do is the 4th pick and that is if three teams pass them by. Also keep in mind if the Bulls don't make the playoffs they go into the playoff lottery, and also have the potential of jumping into the top 3 picks, though with much smaller odds. At the worst then 3 teams would have to have their combinations picked before the Knicks, and one of them not be the Bulls.

Ya, no matter what I'd prefer to have the Knicks with the worse record. It gives us better odds and while it guarantee's nothing, it does mean the worse we can do is 4th as opposed to if they have the 2nd or 3rd worse record where the worse we could do is 5th or 6th.

Realistically I expect us to have a top 3 pick, but no guarantees until the lottery is done.
Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero
I never fully understood the NBA lottery and how they picked the teams, but i hope the knicks/bulls pick is #1.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Johnny"Red"Kerr=MyHero @ Mar 14 2006, 01:49 PM)
I never fully understood the NBA lottery and how they picked the teams, but i hope the knicks/bulls pick is #1.

Let's put it this way...if the Knicks wind up with the worst record in the league, and the Bulls don't make the playoffs, the Bulls will probably have the best chance in recent history at getting the #1 pick.

If the Knicks finish with the worst record, the worst our pick could be is #4. But the odds will be very strong that the Bulls will wind up in the top 3. The Bulls will have somewhere around a 65% chance that our pick will be somewhere within the top 3, depending on the records of the teams that miss the playoffs out west.
Pippen Aint Easy
I have a question. Will Pax be there to represent that pick? Or will it be Thomas representing the Knicks?
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Mar 14 2006, 03:19 PM)
I have a question. Will Pax be there to represent that pick? Or will it be Thomas representing the Knicks?

Good question. I think the Bulls officials would be there since it is there pick and not the Knicks.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Mar 14 2006, 05:19 PM)

It'll be the Bulls rep because it is the Bulls pick now.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 05:56 PM)
It'll be the Bulls rep because it is the Bulls pick now.

thats too bad, it would be funny watching thomas tear up as he hands the pick to paxson smile.gif
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 14 2006, 08:11 PM)
thats too bad, it would be funny watching thomas tear up as he hands the pick to paxson smile.gif

What would be best is to see Thomas start celebrating and than have an NBA official walk over and inform him that he traded the pick.

With all the dumb moves Thomas has made my guess is he just doesn't understand that there is a thing called salary. Luckily I despise the Knicks. But Isiah has to be one of the worse GM's (including his tenure in Toronto) in the history of the game.
madisonsmadhouse
I can't believe the Knicks won last night... Damn I hate them so much.
Balta1701-B
I'm not one to gloat at an injury suffered by a player on another team, or even cheer injuries, and I even feel bad about this post, but I really am not going to complain about the fact that Channing Frye, who IMO is about the only guy on the Knicks I'd even want playing for my team right now, will be out for the rest of the season.

The Knicks and Bobcats are tied in the win column, with the Knicks 2 back in the loss column.
hammerhead johnson
Yep, no offense to Channing, but...

HE GONE!

Now let's lock this thing up and get ourselves a #1 pick. biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
I know it would be almost impossible, but how cool would it be if the bulls got the first 2 picks?

We should get the 1st pick for sure bc the odds are with us as long as the knicks keep loosing....keep up the good work starbury!!!
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Mar 23 2006, 06:31 PM)
I know it would be almost impossible, but how cool would it be if the bulls got the first 2 picks?

We should get the 1st pick for sure bc the odds are with us as long as the knicks keep loosing....keep up the good work starbury!!!

It would be really nice, of course I'd be more happy with that if this was a super strong draft. I'm just holding out for the #1 overall, but more importantly I want Paxson to make the right moves and not overpay for a middle of the line veteran.
Balta1701-B
So, right now the Knicks have 15 games left and the Bobcats have 13 games left.

The Knicks have: 7 home games and 8 road games remaining. The Knicks face at home: Memphis, Boston, Philly, Cleveland, Indiana, Milwaukee, and Charlotte.

On the road, the Knicks catch: Minnesota, Philly, Washington, Boston, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, New Jersey.

The Bobcats face at home: Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Minnesota, Memphis, Indiana, and Philly.

On the road, the Bobcats have: Miami, Memphis, New Jersey, Toronto, Atlanta, and the Knicks.

On paper it looks like the Bobcats have the easier schedule overall, but not by much. They get to face Atlanta 2 times, Toronto, Chicago and Minnesota at home, etc. The only team the Knicks play aside from Charlotte who is out of hte playoff race is Minnesota, and they have them on the road.

Trouble is, the Knicks also catch Detroit, Cleveland, and New Jersey within the last week of the season, and there's some possibility that each of those 3 teams may be firmly locked into their spots by that time depending on what the rest of the league does, so they may not have much to play for, perhaps New Jersey the most - they've almost got that #3 spot locked up. Detroit may or may not have home court throughout locked up by the time they face the Knicks. The Bobcats don't really seem to have any obvious candidates for opponents who might be resting a lot of people.

I don't think I'd complain if the Bulls found a way to look horrendous against the Bobcats when we face them.
madisonsmadhouse
Charlotte beats Atlanta 125-117 to improve to 20-52. The Knicks are currently 19-50
Chisoxfn
As of March31st:
New York 19-51
Charlotte 20-52

The Knicks have currently played 2 less games and the Bulls can help the cause out tonight against Charlotte.
madisonsmadhouse
Damn this game is doubly important... We need to make sure we win for our playoff hopes, and to lose Charlotte to try to get the Knicks the number one pick. damn this sucks.
TeaLeafReaderII
Its still the first quarter... but Brown is using a new line up starting Nate Robinson and benching Starbury and Franchise...

Robinson and Curry are having great starts laugh.gif
WHarris1

W L PCT GB
Atlanta 22 50 .306 36 ½
Portland 20 53 .274 39
Charlotte 20 54 .270 39 ½
New York 19 53 .264 39 ½
Balta1701-B
Up next for the Knicks:
at Washington
Cleveland
Indiana
at Boston
at Indiana
at Cleveland
Milwaukee
at Detroit
Charlotte
at New Jersey

For Charlotte:
Minnesota
at New Jersey
at Toronto
Memphis
at Atlanta
Indiana
at New York
Philadelphia

For Portland:
Houston
Seattle
at Utah
Denver
at LA Clippers
at LA Lakers
Golden State
at Golden State
Phoenix

Unless Phoenix decides to rest everyone in that last game...I think Portland sure seems to have the hardest schedule of the 3.
sport1016
i find it laughable that rooks jackie butler and channing frye are already better than eddy curry and jerome james. Thats like 5 mil versus 90.

I definately don't miss curry. If we still had AD we would be the 6 seed easily. Getting rid of curry for sweets and a draft pick could turn out to be the move that puts us over the top and gets isaih fired. I coulnd't be happier.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 4 2006, 07:38 PM)
i find it laughable that rooks jackie butler and channing frye are already better than eddy curry and jerome james. Thats like 5 mil versus 90.

I definately don't miss curry. If we still had AD we would be the 6 seed easily. Getting rid of curry for sweets and a draft pick could turn out to be the move that puts us over the top and gets isaih fired. I coulnd't be happier.

Why? Eddy Currys heart condition might have saved this franchise from the worst contract it handed out since Eddie Robinson came to town. The guy is fragile and only knows how to play the game on one end of the floor. I can't imagine if the heart problems had never happened and we gave the guy a max contract. mecry.gif
Balta1701-B
So the bad news is...the Knicks won last night, pushing them up to 20 wins.

The good news is...Portland also won last night...pushing them up into a tie with the Bobcats with 21 wins, and keeping the Knicks 1 win behind.
Balta1701-B
Motherfucking knicks motherfucking won again today.
RME JICO
As of 12APR:
30. Portland 21-56 .273 (@LAC, @LAL, GS, @ GS, PHX)
29. Charlotte 22-56 .282 (@ ATL, IND, @ NY, PHI)
28. New York 22-55 .286 (@ CLE, MIL, @ DET, CHA, @ NJ)
27. Atlanta 24-54 .308 (CHA, @ MIL, MIA, @ CLE)

Looks like Portland and NY have the hardest remaining schedule. It will be interesting to see how the teams play against each other (in bold), because a win vs this group probably moves you down in the lottery.
Balta1701-B
So not only were the Clippers able to eek out a win over Portland last night...but motherfucking Lebron James twisted his motherfucking ankle the day before the motherfucking Cavs play the motherfucking Knicks. (Anything that doesn't help us get the #1 pick is getting that word attached to it I guess)
SoxFan1
This turned out well for the Bulls, huh!

Final Bottom 5:

Portland 21-61
New York 23-59
Atlanta 26-56
Charlotte 26-56
Toronto 27-55
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 19 2006, 10:30 PM)
This turned out well for the Bulls, huh!

Final Bottom 5:

Portland 21-61
New York 23-59
Atlanta 26-56
Charlotte 26-56
Toronto 27-55

Come on ping pong balls, HELP US OUT!!!
Balta1701-B
Seed # Number of combinations Probability % of Receiving
First Pick Second Pick Third Pick A top-2 Pick A top-3 Pick
1 250 25.00 21.55 17.85 46.55 64.40
2 200 20.00 18.91 17.22 38.91 56.13
3 157 15.70 15.84 15.70 31.54 47.25
4 120 12.00 12.71 13.43 24.71 38.14
5 89 8.90 9.77 10.82 18.67 29.49
6 64 6.40 7.21 8.26 13.61 21.87
7 44 4.40 5.06 5.93 9.46 15.39
8 29 2.90 3.38 4.03 6.28 10.31
9 18 1.80 2.12 2.56 3.92 6.48
10 11 1.10 1.30 1.58 2.40 3.99
11 7 0.70 0.83 1.02 1.53 2.55
12 6 0.60 0.71 0.87 1.31 2.19
13 5 0.50 0.60 0.73 1.10 1.82
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.