Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BULLS VS MAGIC GAME THREAD
TalkBulls Forums > Help Section > The Archives
TeaLeafReaderII
bullssmilie1.jpg

I'm terrified of Dwight Howard... but the Magic haven't played too well lately. I think the Bulls can win this. Especially if the guards start playing a little better.

get in your picks to click
DrunkBomber
A win here after yesterdays garbage would be a good start to the beginning of our playoff push.
soxfan3530
winnable game for the bulls. let howard get his and shut down the rest of his joke of a team.
DrunkBomber
I think Big Ben will play much better against Howard then he did the second game.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Prediction- Bulls win 107-97
DrunkBomber
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 09:19 AM) *
Prediction- Bulls win 107-97

Sounds good to me.
Jordan4life_2007
Ben Wallace is going to have to be on his game tonight. Howard is a god damn monster.
DrunkBomber
Darko sighting. Hes starting at PF today.
TeaLeafReaderII
Gordon has a messed up toe... sounds like an infected cut? he needed painkillers to play against the pistons and he said he didn't participate in the shoot around today.
chilord
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Feb 26 2007, 07:27 PM) *
Gordon has a messed up toe... sounds like an infected cut? he needed painkillers to play against the pistons and he said he didn't participate in the shoot around today.

Just keeps getting better.

I hope this doesn't affect seeding... we don't need the injury bug biting us while trying to cop a high seed.
DrunkBomber
Gordon looks good to me
TeaLeafReaderII
bah, his toe looked great on the three pointer smile.gif
DrunkBomber
Our passing looks sloppy today, another three by Gordon
TeaLeafReaderII
this team is so much taller then the bulls
DrunkBomber
Gordon is starting out hot. He might have a big game.
TeaLeafReaderII
maybe gordon should play hopped up on pain killers more often.
sport1016
wallace has looked great against howard already

i honestly think he feels taller with the fro

while chandler has put up better numbers and is 10 yrs younger, in the fourth quarter of a big game or a playoff series i would still trust wallace more to make the big block or grab the big rebound or make the big deflection and to not make a stupid costly play like a turnover or foul in a key moment.
DrunkBomber
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Feb 26 2007, 07:47 PM) *
maybe gordon should play hopped up on pain killers more often.

Its probably fun
sport1016
darko though has also looked great in all phases of the game and its just the first quarter
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Feb 26 2007, 07:54 PM) *
wallace has looked great against howard already

i honestly think he feels taller with the fro

while chandler has put up better numbers and is 10 yrs younger, in the fourth quarter of a big game or a playoff series i would still trust wallace more to make the big block or grab the big rebound or make the big deflection and to not make a stupid costly play like a turnover or foul in a key moment.

Yep, I agree but I would rather have Tyson. I was watching highlights of Chandler's game yesterday and he HAS A POST MOVE! Its like a drop step spin and finishes with a small hook. He looks REALLY good and over the last 10 games he is averaging 12 ppg and around 17 rbpg. To have that now would be soo good for this team. I just know Tyson is going to become a dominant player offensively now the more I look at it. If he keeps his confidence and begins learning more post moves he can be just as good as Dwight Howard if not better.
DrunkBomber
Why do they let Malik Allen touch the ball.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Malik Allen can't play, what is he doing out there?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 07:59 PM) *
Yep, I agree but I would rather have Tyson. I was watching highlights of Chandler's game yesterday and he HAS A POST MOVE! Its like a drop step spin and finishes with a small hook. He looks REALLY good and over the last 10 games he is averaging 12 ppg and around 17 rbpg. To have that now would be soo good for this team. I just know Tyson is going to become a dominant player offensively now the more I look at it. If he keeps his confidence and begins learning more post moves he can be just as good as Dwight Howard if not better.

Chandler will never be as good as Dwight Howard unless he gains like 40 lbs.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Feb 26 2007, 08:05 PM) *
Chandler will never be as good as Dwight Howard unless he gains like 40 lbs.

Weight is somewhat overated. Look at Chris Bosh, he is having a better season statistically than Howard and he is only around 220 pounds.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 08:06 PM) *
Weight is somewhat overated. Look at Chris Bosh, he is having a better season statistically than Howard and he is only around 220 pounds.

Did you seriously just compare Tyson Chandler to Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Did you seriously just compare Tyson Chandler to Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh?

no, I said in the future if Tyson Chandler learns a few more post moves he can be just as good if not better than Dwight Howard.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 08:06 PM) *

Bosh has a jump shot.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Wow Skiles what a lineup we have here.

Duhon
Sefolosha
Griffin
Malik
Sweets

WTF?
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 08:14 PM) *
Wow Skiles what a lineup we have here.

Duhon
Sefolosha
Griffin
Malik
Sweets

WTF?

yeah... I'm not to happy about iit eiither... but the only starter they have in is Darko

Can't be to upset though, while they haven't gained anything... they didn't lose anything either huh.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I wonder what the points in the paint are?

Holy Shiz Bo Outlaw still plays?? LOL
DrunkBomber
I wonder if Skiles and Bo Outlaw were ever in NBA jam with each other.
sport1016
Malik is the bulls best shooting big man, though he and sweets should never be on the floor together i agree

please understand about chandler, playing with cp3 is like playing with nash, though maybe not to the same extent, there is no way chandler would put up those humbers on the bulls this year

Remember you guys, Chandler had a ton of flaws last year that had shown no signs of improving over the last few years. It was all those dropped passes and fumblings with the ball and bad pass turnovers and going for every shot fake even from guys like bo outlaw and michael ruffin and the constant fouling. He couldn't be our lock down defender bc he fouled too much to play significant minutes. Skiles couldnt even start him for fear of losing him early on every night .

He may have taken care of those things a little this year, but he gave us no reason to see that coming in the last 5.
TeaLeafReaderII
the hell that was a block
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Feb 26 2007, 08:24 PM) *
Malik is the bulls best shooting big man, though he and sweets should never be on the floor together i agree

please understand about chandler, playing with cp3 is like playing with nash, though maybe not to the same extent, there is no way chandler would put up those humbers on the bulls this year

Remember you guys, Chandler had a ton of flaws last year that had shown no signs of improving over the last few years. It was all those dropped passes and fumblings with the ball and bad pass turnovers and going for every shot fake even from guys like bo outlaw and michael ruffin and the constant fouling. He couldn't be our lock down defender bc he fouled too much to play significant minutes. Skiles couldnt even start him for fear of losing him early on every night .

He may have taken care of those things a little this year, but he gave us no reason to see that coming in the last 5.

But before last year he had his best season and you knew he was going to eventually get better. The kid is only 23 years old. I know he is a foul machine but game experience will change that and while I agree I don't think his stats would be as good here in Chicago, he still would have the same contribution Wallace is having with us except Big Ben has respect from the referees and has been the DPOY like 3 years. Im just bitter sweet right now. I love Big Ben and I love Tyson but Tyson is younger.

Can we please get Malik out of there? If he can't hit a jumpshot, what good is he?

At the half your scoring leaders...

Magic- Darko Milicic 11 points 9 rebounds

Bulls- Ben Gordon 12 points 3 assists

Overall Outlook:

Bulls are getting dominated in the low post. With Skiles horrid lineups he leaves the hot shooter Ben Gordon out for like 10 minutes and then brings him back in after he iced him hoping to get us back ahead. Malik is getting dominated by everyone, and we lack offense. Which isn't hard to believe considering the lineup we had out there for the majority of the game.

Hopefully Skiles can get his head out of his ass and play BG more and play Tyrus Thomas over Griffin, and Allen. I never got why after having such a good game yesterday he doesn't play the first half of the next game?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Yeah Tyrus isn't coming in today. It's a shame...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 26 2007, 06:42 PM) *
But before last year he had his best season and you knew he was going to eventually get better. The kid is only 23 years old. I know he is a foul machine but game experience will change that and while I agree I don't think his stats would be as good here in Chicago, he still would have the same contribution Wallace is having with us except Big Ben has respect from the referees and has been the DPOY like 3 years. Im just bitter sweet right now. I love Big Ben and I love Tyson but Tyson is younger.

The one disappointing thing with the Chandler trade is that we traded Chandler for PJ Brown...in other words, we traded Chandler for an expiring contract, which presumably the only reasons you do that are to either save money and get under the salary cap or to trade that expiring contract before the trade deadline. The disappointing thing about the Chandler trade now is...we held onto Brown after the trade deadline, so the only thing that we get for Chandler is salary cap flexibility. That's moderately disappointing, since we probably won't have cap space after this summer, and without those contracts, we probably won't have room for Garnett.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Malik just got his spiff served
truthandbasketball
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 26 2007, 08:21 PM) *
I wonder if Skiles and Bo Outlaw were ever in NBA jam with each other.

lmao I think it was Skiles, Shaq, Horace Grant and Nick Anderson ...Dennis Scott might have been in the mix somewhere too
Chicago Bulls Franchise
T-TIME!!!!!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Back to back losses. We took a big step forward in the first 3 games and then a huge step back after these two. I'll give Wallace a pass today, he just got back from an emotional game against Detroit but Skiles IMO screwed us in the beginning when Gordon was hot and he took him out and put that horrendous no offense lineup out there for around 10 minutes atleast. We shoot 41 % and its not a coincedence we lose because of it. Its obvious we are a jumpshooting team and thats what happens when we have no offense or easy buckets.

F#%$ It, its time to sign Austin or somebody from the D-League to see if they can do SOMETHING down low. We cannot continue to go to PJ Brown and Ben Wallace in the low post and expect to get consistent points.
DrunkBomber
2 game skid. This was an ugly loss at home.
SoxFan1
Michael Sweetney needs to be starting at PF.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26 2007, 10:13 PM) *
Michael Sweetney needs to be starting at PF.

Maybe, I just wish he'd lose 50 pounds. I swear everytime I see him he looks like he has gained weight. Im serious about going out and signing a D-League player or that Austin guy. Fit him in for maybe 10-15 minutes a night at the 4 spot and see what they do. If they score and rebound well then I say you sign him to a second 10 dayer and start playing them 15-20 minutes a night because PJ is too damn old to be playing his type of minutes. Maybe we get lucky and find a diamond in the rough? Probably not but it's worth a shot.

Also just to throw in, Darko and Howard combined to have more rebounds than the entire Bulls TEAM!
SoxFan1
I told everyone Darko Milicic was going to be a good NBA player. Yeah, I was right. biggrin.gif

LMAO. Dwight Howard had a triple double...in points, rebounds, and turnovers.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26 2007, 11:08 PM) *
I told everyone Darko Milicic was going to be a good NBA player. Yeah, I was right. biggrin.gif

LMAO. Dwight Howard had a triple double...in points, rebounds, and turnovers.

Meh, I just think the Bulls match up poorly against the Magic. IIRC Darko is only averaging around 8ppg and like 5-6 rbpg so he still hasn't lived up to expectations but he played great tonight. Alot of offensive rebounds and it killed us. If I were the coaching staff, tomorrow alls I would do is practice boxing out because lately we have done a poor job of defensive rebounds and especially in the clutch.
TeaLeafReaderII
yeah don't be fooled by Darko... he only plays good against us. Not to mention he had a triple double with points, rebounds, and turnovers.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Feb 27 2007, 01:44 PM) *
yeah don't be fooled by Darko... he only plays good against us. Not to mention he had a triple double with points, rebounds, and turnovers.

That was Dwight Howard. Darko had 1 turnover.

But Darko's numbers are a misconception because he doesn't start often enough, which I don't see why.
soxfan3530
darko is very talented. but i just think he is too soft to a really good player.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.