Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Analysis of the 2006 NBA Draft and its Impact o
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chisoxfn
An Analysis of the 2006 NBA Draft and Its Impact On the Bulls
By Joseph Slowik, Draft Analyst, TalkBulls.com

In part two of this article, let’s focus on Bulls’ options at shooting guard. I am intentionally leaving Rudy Gay and Adam Morrison off this list because neither is a very good fit at SG. I am also leaving J.J. Redick off this list because he is an undersized 2-guard. He doesn’t fit our needs and I highly doubt that we will draft him. Brandon Rush has also been left off. Although he might be an interesting fit and might be in the draft, thus far all indications are that he will return to Kansas.MORE
greasywheels121
This is the perfect venue for the talents of Zoom. Solid article. cheers.gif
ZoomSlowik
I'm amazed at how weak the guards are in this draft class. There are a couple of decent big guys (Aldridge, Thomas, maybe some foreigners) and some SF's with potential (Gay, Carney, Morrison to a lesser extent) , but not a whole lot of promising guards. There really isn't anything in the PG department unless Williams declares, and Roy is the only 2-guard that looks fairly solid. The only other guy I like is Foye, and he's a little short.
RememberThe90's
I'm sticking to my guns...I want Rondey Carney.
We need a superstar and I think he has the biggest superstar potential
of anyone in this draft.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 10 2006, 01:16 PM)
I'm sticking to my guns...I want Rondey Carney.
We need a superstar and I think he has the biggest superstar potential
of anyone in this draft.

1) He's not too likely to be a "superstar" until at least his 3rd season, if he ever actually does become one.
2) He's really a SF, and we already have two of those.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 10 2006, 01:20 PM)
1) He's not too likely to be a "superstar" until at least his 3rd season, if he ever actually does become one.
2) He's really a SF, and we already have two of those.

huh.gif

He is a decent shooter you don't think he could play the 2 guard.

anyways "In Pax I trust"

he hasn't made a bad decision on draft day.

I was reviewing his previous drafts and Hinirch was the best pick at 7 and

Gordon and Deng were the best possible picks in 04.(not to mention him hustling the Suns for that pick that got Deng)

He will get us some talent.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 10 2006, 01:28 PM)
huh.gif

anyways "In Pax I trust"

Gordon and Deng were the best possible picks in 04.(not to mention him hustling the Suns for that pick that got Deng)

I disagree, Wade would have been a better pick than Hinrich.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 10 2006, 01:28 PM)
huh.gif

anyways  "In Pax I trust"

He's not that good a shooter. He was okay in college, but from the NBA 3-point line he's probably 35% at best right now. Plus, his ballhandling and potential difficulty guarding super-quick players are a bigger reason I don't see him playing SG.

I think that Iguodala would have been a better pick than Gordon in '04. He's a pretty solid player that would be scoring a lot more points if he was on our team instead of playing with AI. Gordon is a better shooter, but Andre is better at attacking the basket, is bigger, and is a better defender.

As for this draft, I think that Aldridge and Gay have the most potential, with Thomas, Carney, and Roy on the next tier down (in that order by the way).
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 10 2006, 01:40 PM)
He's not that good a shooter. He was okay in college, but from the NBA 3-point line he's probably 35% at best right now. Plus, his ballhandling and potential difficulty guarding super-quick players are a bigger reason I don't see him playing SG.

I think that Iguodala would have been a better pick than Gordon in '04. He's a pretty solid player that would be scoring a lot more points if he was on our team instead of playing with AI. Gordon is a better shooter, but Andre is better at attacking the basket, is bigger, and is a better defender.

As for this draft, I think that Aldridge and Gay are by far the most likely to be superstars, with Thomas, Carney, and Roy on the next tier down (in that order by the way).

Wade went b/4 Hinrich...I guess you could fault Pax for not engineering a scheme to
trade up...but thats about it.

If were picking 5th and not 7th you can bet we would have drafted Wade and found a PG somewhere else.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM)
Wade went b/4 Hinrich...I guess you could fault Pax for not engineering a scheme to

If were picking 5th and not 7th you can bet we would have drafted Wade and found a PG somewhere else.

You quoted the wrong guy, but yeah, Wade went before our pick, and I can't really fault Pax for that one.
bulls91
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM)

god that would have been nice to have wade on the team the olny qusetion is now why could they be alittle worse that year we would be so much better of right now if that happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.