Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deng and Pike out tonight
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
TeaLeafReaderII
from the injury report on www.chicagobulls.com
Forward Luol Deng
and
Guard Eric Piatkowski

Luol Deng and Eric Piatkowski collided during the Saturday morning shootaround. The incident left both players with a concussion and Piatkowski with several stitches and facial laceration. Neither player played in Saturday’s home game versus Philadelphia or practiced on Monday.
Both Deng and Piatkowski are out for Tuesday's home game versus New Jersey.
"We sent [Deng] to Rush Medical Center [on Monday] to get re-evaluated and assess his cognitive function,'' Bulls trainer Fred Tedeschi said. "It's primarily a nagging headache. These things can take anywhere from one, two, three days up to a week. It depends how the symptoms resolve.''
"We were just reviewing some offense on two different ends—two different teams, no defense, no contact, reviewing one of our late-game plays," Head Coach Scott Skiles said before Saturday's game. "Both teams threw the ball at the same time into the backcourt, both players went for it, nobody saw anybody and they collided."

banghead.gif
The Gladiator
Mark up another Loss for the Bulls.

You saw how bad we played without Deng last game. I expect a Blowout by the nets.. 110-89. If Deng were in I would say it would be closer but the way the nets are playing we cant stop them
bulls91
"there is a reason for every thing" maybe this is not the year we make it to the playoffs and then we get two good lottery pick and be a lot better next year with draft picks and FA.
RememberThe90's
Hello 2 lottery picks.

cheers.gif
The Dude Abides
We can't even match up with the nets if Deng is playing. This is not good for our playoff chances. I would love to see playoffs, but if not, they didn't have a bad year considering they have no low post players...It is a good year to build on for next season....but I'm still hoping we can keep our 8th seed.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 11 2006, 03:40 PM)
Hello 2 lottery picks.

cheers.gif

Hope so!

And piatkowski proving to be even more worthless than...well, worthless...by injuring one of our good players. :-P
TeaLeafReaderII
The last game... Deng and Pike got scratched at the last minute... Skiles is a good coach... he has had the weekend to gameplan for the Nets... The Bulls might lose 99 out of 100 against the nets without Deng in the line up... Bulls aren't playing them 100 times though... they are playing them once!

Come on Skiles... time to put on you thinking cap. bullssmilie1.jpg
WHarris1
Duhon out as well.

Might as well just concede this one and start Pargo/Basden/Livingston/Othella/Luke
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 11 2006, 05:40 PM)
Duhon out as well.

Might as well just concede this one and start Pargo/Basden/Livingston/Othella/Luke

No way start Kirk and Ben at Guard.
Noc at sf
Sweets at Center
tyson at Pf

Then have them all play 48 minutes... and pray sweets doesn't have a heart attack.

Is Duhon out for sure? Last game they say said he was questionable... but he ended up getting lots of minutes anyway.
WHarris1
We are gonna get lots of Pargo tonight and its gonna make me sick and make me throw my remote at my TV a lot.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 11 2006, 04:34 PM)
The last game... Deng and Pike got scratched at the last minute... Skiles is a good coach... he has had the weekend to gameplan for the Nets... The Bulls might lose 99 out of 100 against the nets without Deng in the line up... Bulls aren't playing them 100 times though... they are playing them once!

Come on Skiles... time to put on you thinking cap. bullssmilie1.jpg

Y'all should listen to this cat, he knows what he's talkin 'bout.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 11 2006, 09:04 PM)
Y'all should listen to this cat, he knows what he's talkin 'bout.

haha lucky, nets have clinched a spot the bulls had more to play for today
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 11 2006, 11:54 PM)
haha lucky, nets have clinched a spot the bulls had more to play for today

That was anything but luck. It might look like it on paper, but that was pure guts. The Bulls went in with attitude they would do whatever it took to win that game, and they did. Luck was the last thing that game was.
bulls91
i think that it was the best for the whole team so the could start to win with out him so they are not as reliant on him for the rebounds and the other good stuff that he does on that team. i think that they will do just fine and make to the playoffs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.