Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why the bulls will make the conference finals
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Why the Bulls will win the East: First, and most importantly, they play defense. Chicago ranks second in the NBA in field-goal percentage allowed at 43.7 percent. The Bulls are among the league leaders in blocked shots and steals, and they rebound the ball well (plus-2.6 differential). They do a lot of the things that championship teams have done historically in the NBA. They're deep, well-coached by Scott Skiles, and they're a great three-point shooting team. And assuming the current playoff seeds hold, No. 2 Chicago will avoid Miami, Cleveland and Detroit until the conference finals.

Why the Bulls won't win the East: They don't have an inside scorer. When was the last time an NBA champion didn't have at least one post-up scorer? Detroit? The Pistons at least had Rasheed Wallace. Points are harder to come by in the playoffs, and if you don't have a superstar player who can get you easy points – either in the paint or from the free-throw line – life can get very difficult. Also, this Chicago team has never won a playoff series. It's difficult to make the leap from first-round losers to NBA champs in one step

interesting take from yahoo sports, im pretty sure i lkike the first situation better biggrin.gif
MB33
lets hope they get this last 2 games!
truthandbasketball
We've been winning pretty convincingly lately without a dominating inside prescence so I don't really buy that second scenario. As long as our defense can shut down another team's post up game we have a legitimate shot. We've been money at home lately and if all goes well and we hold onto the second seed our home court advantage will be a godsend.
Our lack of an offensive star in the post will be easier to cope with against either the Nets or Wizards but will be a problem against the Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Raptors or Magic. Shaq, Sheed, Ilgauskus, Howard and Bosh will certainly be tough to contain but I think that if our guys play how they have been lately we have the depth to overcome any of those teams in 7 game series.
It seems that Toronto are really deep with Fred Jones, Parker, Calderon, Mo Peterson and Bargnani. Im not too excited about potentially matching up with either them or Orlando after the first round. I truly feel we can take the Nets or Wizards and from our first game of the year I think we can take the Heat and even the Pistons with Big Ben on our side. Apparently Posey's out right now with a sprained shoulder and wrist so if hes not back by playoff time that will be a nice bonus for whomever plays the Heat. One less jerkoff!!!!
Cavs is a tough one because LeBron is on the next level but his weakness seems to be the ability to take game winning shots. Hes unpredictable in that way but will be a really hard assignment for whomever guards him regardless. We have to learn from that OT loss to them a couple weeks back in order to create some type of game plan against him like they did back in the day with The Jordon Rules.
The James Rules, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.