Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
New Jersey was able to overcome a crappy effort by VC and beat Toronto in Game 1. Detroit currently beating up on Orlando.
SoxFan1
Detroit seals the deal to go up 1-0 while TMac is 0-6 from the field to start off against Utah.
TeaLeafReaderII
TMac heated up and they won.
SoxFan1
Houston is going to surprise people. The way they've been playing, they're definitely going to make some noise. Tonight is exactly why I think TMac is the best all-around player in the NBA.
Kolsky
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22 2007, 01:28 AM) *
Houston is going to surprise people. The way they've been playing, they're definitely going to make some noise. Tonight is exactly why I think TMac is the best all-around player in the NBA.

I have to wonder how you can say he's the best all-around player in the NBA when he takes 90% of defensive possessions off. The guy basically takes a nap when his team isn't on offense - plus, when his shooting stroke goes cold he stops being aggressive, as in the first half last night. He's good enough to get it done in one half against a young, inexperienced Utah squad, but if he has a field goal-less half against one of the top 3 in the west, the Rockets are done.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Kolsky @ Apr 22 2007, 11:03 AM) *
I have to wonder how you can say he's the best all-around player in the NBA when he takes 90% of defensive possessions off. The guy basically takes a nap when his team isn't on offense - plus, when his shooting stroke goes cold he stops being aggressive, as in the first half last night. He's good enough to get it done in one half against a young, inexperienced Utah squad, but if he has a field goal-less half against one of the top 3 in the west, the Rockets are done.

He wasn't getting it done? He was ice cold and still managed to have all those assists. He is a lay maker, and jut because he isnt scoring, doesn't mean he is not helping the team. He creates open shots for his teammates and he makes it easy. I'll take 23 points, 7 assists, and 2 blocks from him every day. He started off 0-6 then hit 8 of the next 11. He can take over a game with the flip of a switch.
TeaLeafReaderII
AI and Melo shook the world... It would be funny if they won the west.
bschmaranz
How bout dem Warriors!?
scatterbrain
The Phoenix game was insane tonight. The Suns looked absolutely flawless. Shot 54% from the field when they didnt even play Nash, Marion or Stoudemire in the 4th... impressive. Its pretty scary to think they have 2 1st round picks in this years draft including that 4th spot in the lottery.
eddog2
Yeah, the Suns are a very dangerous team and them having multiple 1st round picks will help them get younger for the the future. However, that 4th pick isn't a for sure this year. I'm sure the Suns are praying that Atlanta doesn't get the top 3 pick so they (the Suns) can pick 3 1st round players in possibly the deepest draft in recent memory.
SoxFan1
Warriors couldn't pull out game 2. Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson were both ejected. Lip-readers had a ball tonight.
TeaLeafReaderII
Kobe is fun to watch when he is angry.
Kolsky
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22 2007, 12:04 PM) *
He wasn't getting it done? He was ice cold and still managed to have all those assists. He is a lay maker, and jut because he isnt scoring, doesn't mean he is not helping the team. He creates open shots for his teammates and he makes it easy. I'll take 23 points, 7 assists, and 2 blocks from him every day. He started off 0-6 then hit 8 of the next 11. He can take over a game with the flip of a switch.

Maybe I came on a little strong about McGrady - he's a spectacular offensive player. It's just that I think "all around" player has to include defense, which he simply doesn't do. If you want to talk about "All Around" players you have to take Kobe number one.
scatterbrain
QUOTE (Kolsky @ Apr 27 2007, 12:14 AM) *
Maybe I came on a little strong about McGrady - he's a spectacular offensive player. It's just that I think "all around" player has to include defense, which he simply doesn't do. If you want to talk about "All Around" players you have to take Kobe number one.

Kobe looked strong tonight. He found a real good balance between his first two games and played efficient.. scored 45 but still got 6 or 7 assists. I remember at least one block and maybe 5 or 6 boards. Man, their defense really stepped up huge tonight. They were running around, looking alive. We'll see what they can do Sunday. I like the Suns, but its nice to see some of the series' get interesting (Jazz win).

Lets just hope the Heat can't make our series interesting. bullssmilie1.jpg
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (scatterbrain @ Apr 27 2007, 01:03 AM) *
Lets just hope the Heat can't make our series interesting. bullssmilie1.jpg

NO!

If this series goes to 7 they win, no doubt in my mind.

I could care less about how interesting a series is, just want the quickest route to the title. Hoping for a sweep or 5 game series at least.
scatterbrain
I agree for sure... when comes to the Bulls.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 27 2007, 02:10 PM) *
NO!

If this series goes to 7 they win, no doubt in my mind.

I could care less about how interesting a series is, just want the quickest route to the title. Hoping for a sweep or 5 game series at least.

You need to re-read what he said... laugh.gif
Balta1701-B
God, I never thought I'd cheer for a team solely because of a single celebrity in the crowd, but Golden State really makes me think about that...

At least they're an underdog too, so I can use that as an excuse.
scatterbrain
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Apr 29 2007, 10:14 PM) *
God, I never thought I'd cheer for a team solely because of a single celebrity in the crowd, but Golden State really makes me think about that...

At least they're an underdog too, so I can use that as an excuse.

What celeb is that? This is an exciting game... I can't help but find myself cheering for 'em.
SoxFan1
Jessica Alba???

Warriors up 3-1.
scatterbrain
Yeah I saw her in the 2nd half... very nice.

Baron Davis is playin' like a man possessed. He is coming through over and over for Golden State.
madisonsmadhouse
It would be sweet if Dallas gets knocked out right away. It would be interesting to see what Cuban does in panic in the off-season. He already let Nash walkaway in an over-reaction. There is no telling what stupid move he might make.
SoxFan1
Golden State can close it out in 9 minutes. Barnes dunks on Harris!
bschmaranz
I rarely blame the refs but damn, the fix was in tonight. Hopefully the Warriors can close them out at home.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ May 1 2007, 11:39 PM) *
I rarely blame the refs but damn, the fix was in tonight. Hopefully the Warriors can close them out at home.

It is so apparent too. The refs royally screwed GS tonight.
madisonsmadhouse
Golden State is in real trouble after the way they lost that game.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 2 2007, 08:08 AM) *
Golden State is in real trouble after the way they lost that game.

Any trouble they may be in will be erased the second they enter that bumping arena.
SoxFan1
Warriors/Mavs underway. After 1, GS with a small lead.

2 things from the 1st quarter:

- the Mavs did not hit 1 2-point field goal.

- the ref's still hate GS.
bschmaranz
Let's go.. WARRIORS! tongue.gif
SoxFan1
Good bye Dallas!
scatterbrain
The GS game last night was special to watch. They just scorched Dallas in that 3rd quarter.

On a different note... during the Houston game they pulled up a 2-man team scoring leaderboard deal. TMac and Yao were 2nd with like 46 or 47/game. 1st place belonged to none other than Luoul Deng and Ben Gordon. They had 52 or 53.
SoxFan1
Too bad for Houston. 1st game of the series that a road team won and Houston had to be the home team.

Go Warriors!
bschmaranz
Hope Avery Johnson is watching the Jazz/Warriors series. Sloan did what Avery should have done... GO TO THE BASKET. Boozer dropped 30 on 9-of-14 from the field. Golden State has no answer for the big guy in the paint.
SoxFan1
So a win against the Nets would have likely gotten us to the NBA Finals. Weird how a regular season game dictated what happened in the playoffs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.