Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweeney or Chandler
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
CubbiesFan07
I just wanted to know what people think about this. i think that chandler is better than curry, but there's been a lot of talk that curry should have stayed on the bulls.

my guess would have been that curry leaving was a GOOD decision. i just wish the bulls would use sweeney more often... hes playing what, 18MPG and avging similar stats to tyson's 27MPG? i mean come on... i wish that sweeney would take over and get more minutes in the games.

sweeney plays under 20MPG his entire career, and still avgs almost 10PPG and 5+RPG
chandler gets like 30MPG and gets 5PPG and like 8RPG... come on, look @ the stats. defensive-wise chandler is a like a twig and sweeney is like a tree, take that as an analogy.

think about it... banghead.gif
bschmaranz
Gotta go with Chandler....

Reason Sweets only plays 20mpg is because he's outta shape and he draws fouls like nobody's business.
CubbiesFan07
chandler is the 3-second king smile.gif
Chisoxfn
Ummm...Chandler. By a long shot too. Sweetney has the ability to be a damn good low post scoreer, but the guy dissapeared after the first month of the season and one good game against the Hawks isn't going to convince me he's ready to be a consistent low post player.
CubbiesFan07
sad.gif id like to see him get 38minutes and see how he does.

yeah, hes fat, and prolly cant do it, but he does have the potential
TeaLeafReaderII
could you imagine if he kept the weight but turned it into muscle? Sweets would be awesome...
CubbiesFan07
damn looks like everyone takes chandler over sweeney...

MAYBE, MAYBBEEE

sweeney could transfer some weight to chandler, and we'd have 2 dominant PF/C's! lol
dreknatt
chandler
Cute Little Bulls Fan
lol poor sweets, i voted for tyson but I think sweets has done pretty well during our playoff push.
hammerhead johnson
Look, Sweets has post moves. There's a reason why so many people were sweating him hard when he was with the Knicks. But he is an atrocious defensive player. He can't jump, he has no lateral movement, he gets tired in a hurry, etc.

I'd love for him to lose 40+ pounds. Then he'd be a valuable bench player.

As far as Sweets vs. Chandler? If you don't know how to scout defense, just listen to Kirk Hinrich or Tom Dore. They have both called him the team MVP in recent months. Now, why would they do that? How come 9 out of every 10 Bulls fans can't realize his importance?

You guys listen to all of the TV and radio interviews? Basketball people sweat Chandler, but casual fans just don't get it.
bulls91
QUOTE (CubbiesFan07 @ Apr 14 2006, 09:50 AM)
I just wanted to know what people think about this. i think that chandler is better than curry, but there's been a lot of talk that curry should have stayed on the bulls.

my guess would have been that curry leaving was a GOOD decision. i just wish the bulls would use sweeney more often... hes playing what, 18MPG and avging similar stats to tyson's 27MPG? i mean come on... i wish that sweeney would take over and get more minutes in the games.

sweeney plays under 20MPG his entire career, and still avgs almost 10PPG and 5+RPG
chandler gets like 30MPG and gets 5PPG and like 8RPG... come on, look @ the stats. defensive-wise chandler is a like a twig and sweeney is like a tree, take that as an analogy.

think about it... banghead.gif

i think that chandler is a better player. and also the eddy curry trade was a good idea because we can get some one like aldridge who is taller nad will be better down the road.
SleepyWhiteSox
How much does each guy make?
CubbiesFan07
chandler 4.8MILL

curry 3.8MILL
The Dude Abides
Chandler gets more fouls and 3 sec calls than points. He hasn't improved his game mentally in 5 years....

Sweets can at least put the ball in the hoop. I wish he would get in shape, he has potential.
The Gladiator
Who is Sweeney? huh.gif From Kansas City Royals? huh.gif

tongue.gif laugh.gif
CubbiesFan07
woot someone agreed with me :-D
madisonsmadhouse
Chandler by a country mile bringit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.