Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draft news...
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bschmaranz
Chad Ford went over the current draft stock of the top guys. Seems to be very high on Aldridge, Noah, Thomas and Morrison.

Then he went through the current lottery teams.

Little exerpt from it (since it's an Insider article and I can't post it):

Aldridge appears to be a slam dunk for Chicago if it draws No. 1. However, sources claim Tyrus Thomas is the player Paxson really loves. So ...
Edge: Thomas
CubbiesFan07
nawww i think aldridge will go before thomas if we get the #1 pick
Chisoxfn
Aldridge has to be the #1, but I could see us trading.
RememberThe90's
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 14 2006, 09:50 AM)
Chad Ford went over the current draft stock of the top guys. Seems to be very high on Aldridge, Noah, Thomas and Morrison.

Then he went through the current lottery teams.

Little exerpt from it (since it's an Insider article and I can't post it):

NO!

Draft Bradon Roy than a big man!
bschmaranz
I like Thomas a lot, but we already have a guy in the post that's a damn twig. If Thomas can gain 30-40 pounds rather quickly, I'd be all for snagging him, guy's a damn freak.
Chisoxfn
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 14 2006, 07:58 AM)
NO!

The guards in this draft are WEAK. At least Aldridge actually has some upside, none of this guards really do.
CubbiesFan07
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14 2006, 10:08 AM)
The guards in this draft are WEAK. At least Aldridge actually has some upside, none of this guards really do.

good point
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 14 2006, 10:04 AM)
I like Thomas a lot, but we already have a guy in the post that's a damn twig. If Thomas can gain 30-40 pounds rather quickly, I'd be all for snagging him, guy's a damn freak.

And grow 3-4 inches, neither of which is happening.

Say no to tyrus.
The Gladiator
I Hope they get Thomas,If he does that I will love Pax!!
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 14 2006, 10:39 AM)
And grow 3-4 inches, neither of which is happening.

Say no to tyrus.

Thomas is 6'9" and plays PF. Why would he need to be 7'2"?
hammerhead johnson
Again, isn't Thomas an SF for all intents and purposes? While I've never seen him play (I hate college ball), I understand that he doesn't have the frame to put on much bulk, and he excels in the mid-range, kinda like Josh Smith? How is that a PF?

People keep talking about how we need Al Harrington, or Tyrus Thomas. Meanwhile, the SF slot on our team is locked down with Deng and Nocioni. I just don't get it. You don't put those guys at PF so that they could bang with the Duncans, Brands, Wallaces, etc. That is senseless.

I hate all y'all motherfuckers. biggrin.gif
bulls91
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 14 2006, 02:15 PM)
Again, isn't Thomas an SF for all intents and purposes? While I've never seen him play (I hate college ball), I understand that he doesn't have the frame to put on much bulk, and he excels in the mid-range, kinda like Josh Smith? How is that a PF?

People keep talking about how we need Al Harrington, or Tyrus Thomas. Meanwhile, the SF slot on our team is locked down with Deng and Nocioni. I just don't get it. You don't put those guys at PF so that they could bang with the Duncans, Brands, Wallaces, etc. That is senseless.

I hate all y'all motherfuckers. biggrin.gif

i am thinking that we get Aldridge and for the second pick we draft Thabo Sefolosha he would be like roy but more phyisical and then we would have noch and him getting under peoples skin. that would be the most hated team in the league. and for herrington it would be nice but i would rather have jermaine and trade BG and sweets.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 14 2006, 02:15 PM)

I hate all y'all motherfuckers.   biggrin.gif

Not really. His build is similar to Josh Smith's, but he plays a lot bigger. He guards the other team's big players and plays in more of a post position on offense, although he doesn't really have many post moves yet. He has very few perimeter skills, and his jumper is only okay. He seems to play a lot bigger than his height. He can put on some weight, but he's probably going to have a tough time getting over 240. There are several guys that have been effective at that size, like Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire (although he's bigger now), Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, and Ben Wallace.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 14 2006, 02:05 PM)
Thomas is 6'9" and plays PF. Why would he need to be 7'2"?

Then who's our C? And what purpose does tyson and his huge contract hold on this team?

Our areas of need are clear.
SleepyWhiteSox
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 14 2006, 02:44 PM)
There are several guys that have been effective at that size, like Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire (although he's bigger now), Chris Webber, Rasheed Wallace, and Ben Wallace.

Do you think he'll be anywhere near any of those guys offensively?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 14 2006, 03:03 PM)
Do you think he'll be anywhere near any of those guys offensively?

He can at least match Ben Wallace, that's not too difficult. wink.gif

Maybe, who knows. A lot of those guys couldn't really score that well early in their careers.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 14 2006, 03:02 PM)
Then who's our C?  And what purpose does tyson and his huge contract hold on this team?

Our areas of need are clear.

I see. Yeah, he's a natural PF, but it's not like the centers are going to help.

Tyson is playing C now, maybe Pax will leave him there. I'd pick Aldridge, but it sounds like he's leaning the other way.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Apr 14 2006, 09:58 AM)
NO!

Would you like us to be the new york knicks? how many guards should we carry without having any low post scorers. We have nobody who can post up and score! We need at least 2 big men before we even consider another guard.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 14 2006, 06:36 PM)
He can at least match Ben Wallace, that's not too difficult. wink.gif

Maybe, who knows. A lot of those guys couldn't really score that well early in their careers.

Tyson is a joke on offense. Did you see him the one time he posted up tonight. it was laughable. He couldn't even get his shot off. He is at best a 6th man who can come in and rebound and alter shots bc of his height and wingspan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.