Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who will be a better fit for the SG position
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
i think that Roy will become the next wade in time and so i am picking him i just want to know what all the other people on this board think of these two.

Here are there profiles

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=343 Brandon Roy's

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=76 Rodney Carney's
RememberThe90's
At first I was thinking Carney but I am thinking he is more of a SF...

So I will go with Roy.
The Gladiator
Carney Easily biggrin.gif
The Dude Abides
Loul Deng or Ben Gordon.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 14 2006, 10:32 PM)
Loul Deng or Ben Gordon.

I agree cool.gif
HoofHearted
I didnt vote for anyone, but I think Ronnie Brewer needs to be added to this list. The weird arm thing is of concern, but he is a legit 1-2 Guard with no concern of being forced to SF.
madisonsmadhouse
Roy looked like the best fit for the Bulls. Solid scorer, hard worker, excellent defender. If the big guys are gone, this is a perfect pick to fix the big guard problems the Bulls have, with the added bonus of sending Jannero Pargo packing.
nitetrain8601
Roy won't be there when we pick, so I'm going with Gordon.
bulls91
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15 2006, 09:28 AM)
Roy looked like the best fit for the Bulls.  Solid scorer, hard worker, excellent defender.  If the big guys are gone, this is a perfect pick to fix the big guard problems the Bulls have, with the added bonus of sending Jannero Pargo packing.

that is what i am thinking that we take roy then we take O' Bryant they both have excelent potential the olny think is if O' Bryant can add another 10-20 pounds and work on his post game a little bit more that he would be the next big think in the nba. :huh:then sign herrington because he will have to learn a couple things about being a small PF but he can learn.

so it will look like
Hinrich/Duhon/Basden
Roy/Gordon/Basden
Deng/Noch/Herrington(Al)
Herrington/Noch/Songaila
O' Bryant/Chandler/Malik

Others(they might not be resigned or released)
sweets
Schencher
livingston
herrington(Othella)
Pargo
Piak

tell me what you all think
TeaLeafReaderII
Is sweets contract up this year? I think they should try to retain in... if he worked his butt off this offseason... he could be damn good player next year. :huh
maggsmaggs
QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 15 2006, 11:27 AM)
that is what i am thinking that we take roy then we take O' Bryant they both have excelent potential the olny think is if O' Bryant can add another 10-20 pounds and work on his post game a little bit more that he would be the next big think in the nba. :huh:then sign herrington because he will have to learn a couple things about being a small PF but he can learn.

so it will look like
Hinrich/Duhon/Basden
Roy/Gordon/Basden
Deng/Noch/Herrington(Al)
Herrington/Noch/Songaila
O' Bryant/Chandler/Malik

Others(they might not be resigned or released)
sweets
Schencher
livingston
herrington(Othella)
Pargo
Piak

tell me what you all think

If O'Bryant comes out--which I don't see happening--there is no way he is ready to start at C in the NBA. He hasn't even dominated the college ranks playing in the MVC, where big guys can thrive in.
Kalapse
I love Brandon Roy and all but the guy is weak, he needs to add some muscle before he hits the pros our he's going to get pushed around all day at the next level. If he can put on a few pounds and add some definition I think he'd be a great fit for the Bulls with the only problem being that he's a 5-9 pick and the Bulls will more than likely have 1-3 and 13-15 meaning there's really nowhere for the Bulls to take him especially if Aldridge is sitting there with the first pick like he more than likely will be.
ZoomSlowik
It's highly unlikely that any of the guards in this draft can be a solid starter in their first year in the league. Roy is probably the only one that's even close, and I don't see him averaging much more than 10 points, if that many. His main value would come as a defender and a decent secondary ball-handler. Gordon would be a much more efficient offensive option than anyone in this draft.
hammerhead johnson
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Apr 14 2006, 10:32 PM)
Loul Deng or Ben Gordon.

The Dude Annoys

Love the avatar, hate the player evaluations. biggrin.gif

Both guys are pretty freaking far from SG status. Gordon just happens to play there because he's about as capable as Malik Allen in terms of running the point. Deng ain't no shooting guard. First off, he doesn't have the foot speed to guard prototypical SGs. Secondly, he doesn't shoot too well from 18 to 23 feet. He's more of an 8 to 15 foot guy, an SF through and through. And for those of y'all who think that he can play PF? Enjoy Luol on the IL, or whatever the NBA calls an IL nowadays.
Michael Jordan
http://nbadraft.netprofilesrichardroby.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.