Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expectations for Tyrus and Thabo?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Im curious as to what everyone else thinks about our rooks, Tyrus and Thabo (TNT). What are your expectations for them next season?

With a full offseason to work on there game, I expect Tyrus to work alot on his back to the basket game and a jump shot making him more of a force. If he can develop a few moves in the post to go along with his quickness and agility, he will be a force to be reckoned with in the low block because few players have the ability to match up with him due to his quickness. Thats something he must work on this offseason to get better at.

As far as statistics go and what not, I think he will get around 10.2 ppg 5.8 rpg 2.2 bpg 21 mpg. He could start but me more of an impact guy like he was late this season more than a scorer. His job will be the same.. Energy, defense, dunk.. Because PJ will be gone Tyrus will start in place of him most likely.

With Thabo, I don't expect quite as much as I do for Tyrus mainly because (as of now) we have guys like Kirk and Ben who won't be subbed for quite as much as PJ was last year. I expect him to get around 6-7 ppg 3-4 rpg 2-3 apg and 17-20 mpg. I forsee Thabo as being a great defender during his prime but that won't be for a few years more than likely.

Both will be improved from last year but I think there first 1-3 full offseasons will determine how good of players they can or will become.
SoxFan1
Tyrus will average 6.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 28.7 to/game, 4.9 goaltends, and 346462.1 bpg where as Kirk and Thabo will both average more than 30 ppg and 10 steals a piece. wink.gif
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Seriously, can you please stop with the thoughtless posts? Im trying to ask a simple question so I would like it if ya just answered it the right way. Is that too much to ask?
eddog2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20 2007, 10:43 PM) *
Tyrus will average 6.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 28.7 to/game, 4.9 goaltends, and 346462.1 bpg where as Kirk and Thabo will both average more than 30 ppg and 10 steals a piece. wink.gif

That's the same type spiff that always gets me pissed as well.

Anyway, I'll be the first to offer an actual opinion.

I think Tyrus needs to work on every aspect of his game. He definately needs to work on his ball handling, his strength, and that 15-18 foot jumper. I think those are three areas are the most important aspects he should focus on this summer. He really, really, really, needs to work on that jumper so that he can become a legit threat from 15-18 feet. If he can become a threat out there and work on his handles he will become a monster b/c

A) He'll either get a lot of open looks that he can make or
cool.gif He'll be defended out there and can blow by his defender for a monster dunk or be fouled and get an lot of free throw attempts

I know we need a back to the basket scorer but I really think he needs to work on those other aspects more. I really don't think he will be able to develop a back to the basket game as easily as the other aspects. I think after a summer and another full season of improving his strength he'll be ready to start working on post moves. I don't think he's strong enough now to really work on the post game.

I'm predicting 8.2 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 1.0 spg in about 24 mpg. His mpg could definately be higher if Nocioni doesn't return to the Bulls.

As for Thabo I really think he needs to work on his handles and his jump shot. Definately the jump shot. He also needs to improve that aweful FT%. (51.1%)He has shown some improvement but I think with a real solid work ethic this summer he will gain more from this summer than Tyrus. I think more of Duhon's minutes will go to Thabo next year and hopefully we can keep Kirk's minutes down so he stays fresh all season. Thabo could be a big shock next year and challenge for most improved player if there aren't any strong candidates.

I think he'll average close to 18-22 mpg and he'll be our 1-2 option off the bench. He shot 42.6% FG and 35.7% from the arc in his first season. I think he'll improve on both of those numbers, especially the FG% as he become more comfortable attacking the basket and creating his own shot. I think next season he'll add a big component to our offense as he becomes an explosive slasher.

I'm predicting 11.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.2 apg, 1.3 spg, .5 bpg while shooting 46% FG, 39% 3ptFG, 69% FT

That is assuming Kirk or Gordon don't get traded or injured. Should one of those two things happen, he could play an even bigger role.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Thanks for a thoughtful post.. I to agree Tyrus may not be able to pick up alot on the post game but its worth a shot. Have you seen his arms lately? He's got some guns on him now. He looks far stronger than he was during the preseason which is expected but man.. I looked at him the other day in a game and he looked a whole hell of alot bigger (Taller and Stronger) than he ever was. In fact, I would say hes atleast 6'10 right now. Its apparent that he is definitely 3/4 of an inch to an inch taller than Luol who is listed at 6'9
eddog2
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2007, 11:18 PM) *
Thanks for a thoughtful post.. I to agree Tyrus may not be able to pick up alot on the post game but its worth a shot. Have you seen his arms lately? He's got some guns on him now. He looks far stronger than he was during the preseason which is expected but man.. I looked at him the other day in a game and he looked a whole hell of alot bigger (Taller and Stronger) than he ever was. In fact, I would say hes atleast 6'10 right now. Its apparent that he is definitely 3/4 of an inch to an inch taller than Luol who is listed at 6'9

Yeah, I agree that he definately looks stronger than the little kid that came into the league. I'm not too sure about the height but I'll take your word for it until I can compare the two. As for the guns, I want them to become boulders. It would be awesome if he could bulk up to an Amare type build in a few years. That's the only way he's going to really be able to effectively guard the stronger 4's if he does indeed stay a 4. I think he should work on his post game a little but I'd prefer he work on his dribbles, passing and shooting so that he can cut down turnovers and become more comfortable in our offense.
ZoomSlowik
Part of it depends on who we get in the draft, that could drastically affect playing team for either guy (though MUCH more likely for Tyrus).

Right now I'd say Tyrus gets something like 20-25 minutes and averages between 7 and 8 points and 6 rebounds with a bit under 2 blocks. He will likely continue to be a much bigger factor defensively or on the boards unless he makes MASSIVE improvements offensively. The minutes sound a bit low, but I think with increased playing time and responsibility against the other team's first unit fouls will be a concern that will limit him in a few games here and there.

Thabo is a lot harder to predict, it depends on who's back in the backcourt and how much he develops. There's a big difference in his playing time and production if he ends up as the primary backup at both guard spots and if he still is stuck behind Duhon in crunch time. I just don't think we can really know what's going to happen at this point with ANY kind of certainty.
beau_boy04
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 20 2007, 10:10 PM) *
Part of it depends on who we get in the draft, that could drastically affect playing team for either guy (though MUCH more likely for Tyrus).

Right now I'd say Tyrus gets something like 20-25 minutes and averages between 7 and 8 points and 6 rebounds with a bit under 2 blocks. He will likely continue to be a much bigger factor defensively or on the boards unless he makes MASSIVE improvements offensively. The minutes sound a bit low, but I think with increased playing time and responsibility against the other team's first unit fouls will be a concern that will limit him in a few games here and there.

Thabo is a lot harder to predict, it depends on who's back in the backcourt and how much he develops. There's a big difference in his playing time and production if he ends up as the primary backup at both guard spots and if he still is stuck behind Duhon in crunch time. I just don't think we can really know what's going to happen at this point with ANY kind of certainty.

I am expecting TT to follow Josh Smith career numbers pattern and eventually turned out to be a Shawn Marion type with Shawn Kemp dunking abilities. As far as Thabo, I would like him to become our Bruce Bowen, able to defend the 1,2 and 3.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 20 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Seriously, can you please stop with the thoughtless posts? Im trying to ask a simple question so I would like it if ya just answered it the right way. Is that too much to ask?

I was joking. Take the stick out of your ass.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 21 2007, 03:27 PM) *
I was joking. Take the stick out of your ass.

jst respect my post with an "answer" not a joke, thats all I ask. Don't be so rude and immature
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.