eddog2
1.9%???

freaking money in the bank.
ChWRoCk2
This is televised correct?
eddog2
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 20 2007, 11:27 PM) *

Yeah. Last I read, it is televised right before the Utah/San Antonio game on Tuesday. I think it's on ESPN at 8:30p.m. (or at least that's what this article says)

Look at the Detroit worries on the last paragraph. Hopefully that scenario happens.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../705200651/1051

I haven't really thought much about it but I guess now is the time. What if the Hawks end up with the first pick! How scary would it be and how much could it spiff the power in the east if they got Greg Oden. They alreay have a team full of explosive young players. They don't really have a PG but they could easily lure one into town b/c they are under the cap or they could easily trade for one with all that young talent they have.

It's just scary to think about.

Oden/Durant
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
Josh Childress
Zaza
Sheldon Williams
Salim Stoudemire
Speedy Claxton
Solomon Jones

Everyone talks about the Bulls young core and how scary it is but what would happen in the east if they got a top 2 pick. They are a lot younger and getting better w/out the prospect of Oden/Durant being on their team.
madisonsmadhouse
The revealing of the picks is televised, while the actually drawing of ping pong balls is not.
Iguana
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 20 2007, 11:27 PM) *

Yes, but unfortunately, the actually drawing isnt. just who picks where.
Steve9347
Ha, I was still logged in as eddog when i posted this thread... bc he was over here posting the other day!
soxfan3530
come on ping pong balls!!! fall our way!!!! i have never been so focused on a set of ball in my life!
bullssmilie1.jpg
GreatScott82
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 20 2007, 11:08 PM) *
1.9%???

freaking money in the bank.

Don't forget about the 1993 NBA draft. THe Magic were a 1.6% chance of winning the top pick after winning 35 games in that season and somehow they stole the pick and drafted Chris Webber who they later shiped for Anfernee Hardaway. This came one season after they drafted Shaq with the #1 pick as well.
So there is history behind this..it is possible..... Now i wouldn't get excited about obtaining the #1 pick but at least there is a chance..... STAY TUNED!
kyyle23
What are the probabilities for all of the picks?
TeaLeafReaderII
4.1% is the important number... that's the chance to get the first or second pick.
eddog2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 21 2007, 10:33 PM) *
4.1% is the important number... that's the chance to get the first or second pick.

Agreed. Although it wouldn't be that bad to end up 3rd. It sure beats 9, 10 or 11. Anyway, there is not doubt that the best players are Oden and Durant so we have to pray for one of them.

Imagine if Detroit would have draft Melo instead of Darko. What kind of dynasty would that be?
RME JICO
I'll take 6.8% for the chance at one of the first three picks.
soxfan3530
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 21 2007, 11:00 PM) *
Agreed. Although it wouldn't be that bad to end up 3rd. It sure beats 9, 10 or 11. Anyway, there is not doubt that the best players are Oden and Durant so we have to pray for one of them.

Imagine if Detroit would have draft Melo instead of Darko. What kind of dynasty would that be?

The third pick in this draft is the booby prize if there ever was one. Having said that i would still be happy but can you imagine when the third pick rolls around and we haven't been named yet, how much your heart would sink if you saw the bulls logo come out of that envelope.
eddog2
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 22 2007, 01:19 PM) *
The third pick in this draft is the booby prize if there ever was one. Having said that i would still be happy but can you imagine when the third pick rolls around and we haven't been named yet, how much your heart would sink if you saw the bulls logo come out of that envelope.

Yeah my heart would sink but I'd still be super happy to get the 3. It sure beats the 9. Call me selfish, but I really want the 2 instead of the 1. Unless of course Paxson is as sold as I am on Durant and he uses the 1 to trade down to 2 and comes out of it with another player.

Oden's going to be a beast but I have a man crush on Durant's game.
madisonsmadhouse
You get your choice of some very good players at #3 this year. It wouldn't be nearly as nice as #1 or #2, but telling me a guy like Wright from UNC wouldn't help the Bulls out a bunch?
soxfan3530
I'm selfish! GIVE ME ODEN! I also like Durant's game but Oden is the perfect thing we need. Quick guess: Over/Under 1000 times you will hear the most overused cliche in basketball when they talk about Oden leading up to the draft: "You can't teach height."
Kolsky
If I'm John Paxson and we get the second pick, I do EVERYTHING I can to trade up a spot and get Oden - Durant is good enough that such a trade might be a real possibility.

By the way, Joe and I address this and other issues in our brand new BullChat episode:

BullChat - May 22, 2007
chilord
We must all focus our mojo and magickal powers on those balls! We land Oden and our Bulls make the NBA suffer for years!

*chantingandmurmuring*
chilord
OK, at least for the good guys, percentages were just too much. At least there was no drop either.

One whole month to wait for the draft....arrrrgh it's gonna be torture.
SoxFan1
Bulls get the 9th pick. Top 3 to be between Seattle, Portland, and Atlanta.
Iguana
That sucks... sad.gif oh well.
SoxFan1
Portland is going to be beastly. Jack, Aldridge, Roy and now one of Oden or Durant.
ChWRoCk2
Atlanta has to be very happy. Getting in the top 3 keeping their pick.

Portland I actually could see taking Durant, they have Aldridge and Randolph down low, could use an impact scorer like Durant.

Seattle really needs a guy like Oden.

At pick 9 no doubt we take someone like Hibbert, Hawes, Yi.
soxfan101
Seattle was supposedly the one team really hot on Yi, so now that they are 2nd overall whats the chance he falls to us?
eddog2
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 22 2007, 09:11 PM) *
Seattle was supposedly the one team really hot on Yi, so now that they are 2nd overall whats the chance he falls to us?

That's exactly what I was thinking. And at #3 will Atlanta pass on Conley. I think they were the only team that truly needed him. I think they might trade down and still get a point guard. They really don't need Brandon Wright.

I'm super happy that Atlanta didn't get a top 2 pick and it's very nice that the teams that got the top 2 play in the west. Will Seattle keep Lewis? I think they should. If so they're going to be very dangerous with Allen/Lewis/Durant/Wilcox ect. However, I think they should trade either Lewis or Allen if they get Durant.

It sucks for the Celtics and the Grizzlies that they tanked and weren't rewarded for it. What am I talking about? It's actually pretty funny.

Portland's a scary team for the future if they all stay healthy. Plus they are in a good financial position especially if Darius Miles retires and his salary comes off the books. I think they'll trade Randolph and try and get some veteran players on the team. Their lineup for the future is:

Oden
Aldridge
Outlaw
Roy
Jack/Rodriguez
+ whoever they get for Randolph.

That's a sick lineup. I bet they are real happy they didn't get Tyrus and instead went with the true PF. However, I think they'd be better off keeping Randolph & Aldridge (or trading Randolph for a center) as their PF/C and then drafting the superstar that is Kevin Durant.

As for the Bulls, I can only hope that Yi or Conley slip to 9 or that we use that pick as part of a trade to bring it a very good player.
Kolsky
Seems like the best thing would be for the Blazers to trade Zach Randolph for Chris Duhon. Works for me.
TeaLeafReaderII
The western conference is going to be soooo much better then the eastern conference for sooooo much longer. LOL. If we weren't going to get at them, at least we will only see them twice a year, and in the finals. :beer
eddog2
So. Just a thought. I know Oden is no Sam Bowie, but does Portland pass up on the next MJ again?

They did it once and I'm sure they are going to have that in the back of their minds again.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 22 2007, 10:50 PM) *
So. Just a thought. I know Oden is no Sam Bowie, but does Portland pass up on the next MJ again?

They did it once and I'm sure they are going to have that in the back of their minds again.

Win win either way.

If they keep Randolph they might take Durant, if Randolph goes Oden is the obvious choice.

Either way I think the Blazers need a center and forward.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Kolsky @ May 22 2007, 10:02 PM) *
Seems like the best thing would be for the Blazers to trade Zach Randolph for Chris Duhon. Works for me.

God no. Zach Randolph is a cancer. He is just lucky he has played in a backwater media hole like Seattle, because if he played somewhere big, his name would be blastered everywhere. This kid is trouble, and has been his whole life. Trust me when I say that the Bulls want no part of him.
Balta1701-B
So...if Lewis resigns...anyone else thinking about how it will be to watch Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, and Kevin Durant on the same floor?
soxfan101
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2007, 11:37 AM) *
So...if Lewis resigns...anyone else thinking about how it will be to watch Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, and Kevin Durant on the same floor?

They would be able to score pretty easily, when you count Wilcox too.
ChWRoCk2

They would be fun to watch. I really hope they stay in Seattle even though the stadium is in a real crummy spot.
eddog2

I might be wrong but I really think he's going to sign with Orlando. Orlando needs a player like him and they have a lot of cap room with Grant Hill leaving.
soxfan101
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 05:13 PM) *
I might be wrong but I really think he's going to sign with Orlando. Orlando needs a player like him and they have a lot of cap room with Grant Hill leaving.

I hope so, I guess it would be bad for the Bulls actually but Id like Orlando to sign Lewis and Milwaukee to sign Billups. Give the East some respectability with teams like Orlando, Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Toronto. Detroit would still be good id imagine because I think with Billups gone Prince would take on a bigger role and thrive with it.
eddog2
I personally wouldn't mind an easy ride to the finals every year. We know the Western Conference team is going to be tough no matter what so it would be nice to make it to the finals without too much of a struggle until the eastern finals.

If Billups goes anywhere, I think it would be Atlanta. However, I just don't see him leaving his team.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 08:23 PM) *
I personally wouldn't mind an easy ride to the finals every year. We know the Western Conference team is going to be tough no matter what so it would be nice to make it to the finals without too much of a struggle until the eastern finals.

If Billups goes anywhere, I think it would be Atlanta. However, I just don't see him leaving his team.

No one could see Ben Wallace leaving either. Billups would be absolutely perfect for Atlanta if Detroit isn't willing to pony up the $. They need a veteran and they need a point guard.

In terms of FA's and a team like Orlando, let's not forget that Vinsanity may catch their eye as well, so they do have options for what to do with that cap room.
sport1016
No one could see Ben Wallace leaving either. Billups would be absolutely perfect for Atlanta if Detroit isn't willing to pony up the $. They need a veteran and they need a point guard.

In terms of FA's and a team like Orlando, let's not forget that Vinsanity may catch their eye as well, so they do have options for what to do with that cap room.

Not true. At the beginning of last year, yes. But by the end he and flip were feuding, remember the famous final 4th quarter he got benched to end the playoffs?

I think VC is much more what orlando needs. They already have turgolu to play the 3, and his outside shooting would complement vince's game very well. If only they had a reliable pg, they'd be pretty dangerous. Still, vince leaving the nets means they'd now suck, so its really trading one pseudo contender for another, as opposed to adding stars to our conferfence like rashard lewis. Dodging playing oden and durant in the playoffs besides the finals for the next 5 years is not something to overlook. Atlanta will probably take marvin williams...i mean josh smith....i mean josh childress....i mean al harrington....i mean brandon wright anyway.
madisonsmadhouse
In the category of Chaos theory... Eddy Curry's tip dunk at the end of the regular season cost the Bulls Greg Oden. True story. The Bulls fell from the 6th spot to 9th in the lottery with the Knicks win on the last day of the season. The Seattle Sonics slid into the #6 spot, and won the draft lottery from there.
eddog2
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 24 2007, 06:44 AM) *
In the category of Chaos theory... Eddy Curry's tip dunk at the end of the regular season cost the Bulls Greg Oden. True story. The Bulls fell from the 6th spot to 9th in the lottery with the Knicks win on the last day of the season. The Seattle Sonics slid into the #6 spot, and won the draft lottery from there.

Either your're assuming Portland will take Durant or you just got Seattle and Portland confused. Seattle has the 2nd pick not the first. Either way, Durant would have looked mighty nice in a Bulls uniform.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 24 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Either your're assuming Portland will take Durant or you just got Seattle and Portland confused. Seattle has the 2nd pick not the first. Either way, Durant would have looked mighty nice in a Bulls uniform.

Yeah, I don't know why I said Seattle, I meant Portland.
Steve9347
Damn Eddy Curry...

however, had he not been dealt to the Knicks, it would have been the Knicks hoping and praying for that pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.