Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome trade Rumor for Bulls!!!!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
The Dude Abides
If this is remotely true...WOW!!!!

3 way trade...Amare Stoudemire to the Bulls, Garnett to the Suns...Didnt say who the bulls would give up. As long as it's not Dengas part of the trade...I'm in!!!!

What do you guys think???
Balta1701-B
Based on the contracts, either Wallace or Hinrich would have to be included. And I for one think it's one of those "So farfetched we can probably ignore it" deals, mainly because it doesn't really give the Suns the thing they're dying for; cap space.
eddog2
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 22 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Based on the contracts, either Wallace or Hinrich would have to be included. And I for one think it's one of those "So farfetched we can probably ignore it" deals, mainly because it doesn't really give the Suns the thing they're dying for; cap space.

It doesn't give them cap space but it does give them a better chance at what they want, a title. The coach doesn't really like Amare so I could definately see Amare being traded. To get a deal like that done financially, wouldn't Phoenix have to trade Amare and someone like Diaw/Kurt Thomas b/c KG makes so much? The Bulls could pretty much trade Kirk straight up for Amare if they were the only teams involved.

Maybe the Bulls frontloaded Kirks deal to make it easier to get a big time player when matching salaries. I never thought of it like that. Everyone's always said it's b/c they want to save money for when Deng/Gordon get extensions. You just never know. It keeps Paxson's options open.

Anyway, if Deng is what we have to give up to get Amare I think I'd be okay with that. I love Deng and don't really like Amare but he is a good scorer. However, I wonder if he'd be as effective without Nash.
The Dude Abides
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 22 2007, 04:17 PM) *

3 way trade...Amare Stoudemire to the Bulls, Garnett to the Suns...Didnt say who the bulls would give up. As long as it's not Dengas part of the trade...I'm in!!!!

This being a 3 way trade...it would give them KG, which would give that type of team a better chance at a title, by adding defense. Anything we would be giving up would most likely be to Minny...There would definitely be multiple players involved to make contracts balance out. This makes sense if the suns think they can win now by adding Garnett. This would make perfect sense for the bulls. I have no problem giving up Hinrich, the knicks pick and some fillers for Stoudemire. He would be perfect on this team and would be the premiere big man in the east instantly.
It's a longshot, but I would love this trade if it happens.
Sanitarium
WOW!

I've been shocked right out of believing!
Iguana
Was this something they were throwing out there or did they read it from somewhere?

I would love to get him though. doubt it would happen but would love to get him.
Serbbojo
we would prolly have to give up half of our team, so ill pass.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ May 22 2007, 05:17 PM) *

Yeah.....This is just a bunch of bull I watched also, these guys I swear sometimes just throw stuff out there to gain a fan base. I hate the show basically, just a spinoff of Around the Horn, takes the topics from ATH and uses them.

As much as Id like to have Amare Id rather keep our younger players.

If this did happen I wouldnt be shocked if a guy like Tyrus was involved he fits into the Suns style of play. BG would fit well in Minnesota.

Idk not believing it.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
To Bulls:
Amare

To Suns:
Kevin Garnett

To Wolves:
Andres Nocioni(starting at 7mil for 3 years)
Ben Gordon
Kurt Thomas
Chi 08 1st

No? Maybe?

PG: Kirk/Chris/Thabo
SG: Thabo/FA/Drft pck
SF: Deng/FA/Thomas
PF: Amare/Thomas
C: Wallace/...
dasox24
QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 22 2007, 08:28 PM) *
just a spinoff of Around the Horn

Except that PTI was around before Around The Horn...
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 22 2007, 08:47 PM) *
Except that PTI was around before Around The Horn...

W/E just goes to show how much I watch the show, plus I didnt have ESPN at the time wink.gif

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 22 2007, 08:30 PM) *
To Bulls:
Amare

To Suns:
Kevin Garnett

To Wolves:
Andres Nocioni(starting at 7mil for 3 years)
Ben Gordon
Kurt Thomas
Chi 08 1st

No? Maybe?

PG: Kirk/Chris/Thabo
SG: Thabo/FA/Drft pck
SF: Deng/FA/Thomas
PF: Amare/Thomas
C: Wallace/...

Wolves would want our 09 pick, this is a strong draft and they know what they are getting unlike in 08.

Im a huge BG fan so Im going to be against this.
soxfan101
is there anything to this trade besides being totally made up from the boys on PTI?
eddog2
It's hard to believe that the Suns would trade us Amare and then get KG and that the T-Wolves would want players from the Bulls and not Amare.

I think the Suns have a better chance of getting KG just by trading Kurt Thomas and Amare in a 2 team deal.
TeaLeafReaderII
Only way the bulls can make the money work is by using Kirk Hinrich and by signing and trading Noc... (or big ben, but no one will take his deal)... They can't do an extend and trade with Gordon or Deng this offseason, correct? Just for future reference... 'cause I'm sure there will be a WHOLE lot of talke about Garnet, Gasol, Staudamire, Jermaine O'Neil, ect this offseason.
eddog2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 22 2007, 10:57 PM) *
Only way the bulls can make the money work is by using Kirk Hinrich and by signing and trading Noc... (or big ben, but no one will take his deal)... They can't do an extend and trade with Gordon or Deng this offseason, correct? Just for future reference... 'cause I'm sure there will be a WHOLE lot of talke about Garnet, Gasol, Staudamire, Jermaine O'Neil, ect this offseason.

They could do a sign and trade with either Deng or Gordon but they would be poison pill players much like Kirk was last summer. I don't expect either of them to be going anywhere and if they do it will probably be before any extensions.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 22 2007, 11:27 PM) *
They could do a sign and trade with either Deng or Gordon but they would be poison pill players much like Kirk was last summer. I don't expect either of them to be going anywhere and if they do it will probably be before any extensions.

Right on, that poison pill is a killer. You can only take on their current salary that's still on the rookie scale while still sending out their extension-level salary. It makes it damn near impossible to deal those guys.
soxfan3530
Let's just get KG and call it an off-season! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
sport1016
Whether based on fact or not, this is an extremely intriguing deal

For phoenix KG is definately someone who they are targeting for two reasons
1) he may be the piece that gets them over the hump
2) he DOES represent cap relief bc he only has one year left on his deal, then they could re sign him to a more reasonable deal should it workout in phx, if not say goodbye after the 1 yr experiment and get major cap relief

For Minny
1) idk mchale is retarded

For us-
obviously amare would represent the missing piece for us in the post and would be awesome next to either bwall or TT

that said, i would not participate in this deal if either deng or tyrus were involved-that would just leave us with another void and i do think that tyrus could become an ak47 amare hybrid (at 1/2 the price for another few years)

However, i keep reading little blurbs about the hinrich gordon backcourt not being the long term solution. As in, ben should be looking at either getting lifts for his shoes or finding a good seat on the pine- id rather keep ben, but to me deng, hinrich, and tyrus, in that order are our least tradeable people, ben is 4th.

That being said the expiring contracts of duhon and kryhapa add up to a little over 5 mil, plus the #9, plus sign and trade nocioni at about 7

If you had to throw in something else u could sign and trade PJ with a 1 year deal (which has been discussed) This only works if he's going to a contender like phx though, as he would probably prefer to retire over going to Minny

SO yeah

Bulls get-Amare

Suns get-KG

Minny gets
A bulls pick (#9 this year or ANY pick from next year, seriously well be set, they can have the next 3!)
Noc
Duhon
Khryapa
and SOMETHING (probably kurt thomas) from phx

yeah!
soxfan3530
Maybe this is just me but i don't really see why the Suns would want KG. He doesn't really fit their style of play. Amare is younger and faster and gets up and down the court well with Nash/Marion/Barbosa etc. KG is more of a half-court player (I guess he could be used when they are forced to slow down) but it seems to me that Amare is the perfect big man for the Suns offense. Now, KG would be a great fit here! cheers.gif
GreatScott82
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 23 2007, 07:04 PM) *
Let's just get KG and call it an off-season! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

http://bulls.realgm.com/articles/16/200705...gos_off-season/

This guy mentions many interesting things. One that intrigues me the most is the deal that would send Ben Gordon, sign and trade Nocioni and the Bulls 9th pick for Kevin Garnett. Would the T-Wolves do this? I say why not?!? That will give them the 7th and 9th picks in which they can replace Garnett w/ Yi Jianlin w/ the 7th pick and Corey Brewer w/ the 9th pick. Get those guys with Ben Gordon and Nocioni to go along with Ricky Davis and Randy Foye the T-Wolves would be headed in the right direction.

Lets face it the Bulls will NOT likely get an imediate impact low post player in the draft. And with Gordon and Deng going into their final years of their deals the time is now to trade one of them because if Pax signs BOTH of them to deals there would be NO MONEY to sign a DECENT low post player via free agency anyway.

As of right now the Bulls are very close to reaching that promise land we all like to call the NBA FINALS. If you can obtain a true superstar of the likes of Garnett we would not only be the team to beat in the EAST but the team to be considered as favorites to win the 2008 NBA FINALS.

Imagine this:
Ben Wallace C
Kevin Garnett PF
Luol Deng SF
Thabo Sefolosha SG
Kirk Hinrich PG
BENCH:
Tyrus Thomas PF/SF
PJ Brown PF/C
Malik Allen F
Viktor Khryapa F
Chris Duhon G
Adrian Griffin G/F
Sign guard via free agency
DutheDoduhon21
would nocioni and khryapa for collison work? ive been hearing collisons name coming up in alot of rumors
dasox24
After thinking about it, maybe it's best that we trade Gordon now for a low-post scorer. Let's say we were to revisit the Pau Gasol trade. Could be a winner for both teams.

Talk out of Memphis is that they should trade their 1st rounder for Marcus Camby to get a defensive presence in the middle of their defense, or use it as well as Mike Miller for Rashard Lewis. If this was the case, then they probably would rather keep Gasol. However, if they were to trade Gasol, we could look at this scenario:
Bulls trade:
Gordon
Nocioni
2008 1st rounder
Grizzlies trade:
Pau Gasol

Bulls Lineup:
Hinrich/Duhon
Sefolosha/1st rounder or FA
Deng/1st rounder or FA
Gasol/Thomas
Wallace/Brown or FA

Grizz Lineup:
Kyle Lowery
Ben Gordon/Rudy Gay
Mike Miller/Rudy Gay or Noc
Hakim Warrick or Alexander Johnson
Camby or 1st rounder (B. Wright, Jianlian, or Al Horford)

Okay, so looking at it, Memphis' lineup is a little make-shift with no true Center unless they trade for one, but they don't have a true Center now, so that shouldn't really matter. Plus, they'd be improving their scoring a ton with adding Gordon to go along with Miller on the outside. You could really see them light it up from downtown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.