Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What players don't you want drafted at #9
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
eddog2
1. Noah. He's offensively challenged. If we take him it's like taking a worse version of Tyson Chandler.
2. Hawes - everyone thinks he's going to be good but I'm not buying it.
3. Splitter - Maybe if we had the 20th pick.

I'll be happy with any players from this list:

Hibbert, Brewer, Conley, Yi JianLian, Julian Wright (purely on potential), and anyone from the top 5-7 that slips down for some reason. I know not all of them fit our need of a post scorer but I'm happy with taking whoever we feel is the best player on the board and I don't think Hawes/Splitter/Noah are better than the players I listed.
Balta1701-B
Conley.

I think he's overrated because he's the only potentially top point guard in this draft...he's another big step back in terms of youth/experience, and I don't want to draft a replacement for Kirk unless we actually get something better than the Capt. by dealing him, which I really don't think will happen.
ZoomSlowik
1) Any true small forward not named Kevin Durant (who obviously won't slip anyways) or Corey Brewer (also probably won't slip, but I like him because he's 6'8" and can likely handle the 2-guard spot). I'm mainly talking Julian Wright and Jeff Green here I guess. That's simply not a need at all with Deng establishing himself, Tyrus and Thabo able to play there, and possibly Noc being back as well. A SF that isn't likely to have a major impact in the next few years just seems like a wasted pick to me, especially with our glaring need for more production inside, any way we can get it.

2) Conley. He's very young and is really a luxury pick. I'd really only take him if all of the decent big men options are gone, this team still needs som immediate help.

3) Hibbert. Basically because of his last 6 games or so he's moved from probably out of the lottery to the mid-lottery. That just doesn't make too much sense to me, especially considering his hype jumped the most after a game where he did most of his damage while Oden was on the bench. I really worry about him being too slow and not explosive enough to play in the NBA, which it appears people have ignored recently.

That's about it though. I'd be fairly happy with any of Jian Lian (appears unlikely to slip, but you never know), Brandan Wright (who appears to be slipping for some reason, that'll probably change towards the athletic combine), Noah, and Hawes. All of them would help quite a bit. Jian Lian appears to be pretty athletic and a capable shooter (though I do worry about strength/toughness a bit), Wright would give us another extremely athletic 4, Noah would give us some productive minutes even though he's not a difference maker (kind of an Anderson Varejao with a bit more talent), and Hawes can give us the scoring we need up front (as long as he doesn't test very poorly in the athletic combine).
madisonsmadhouse
Anyone 6'9" or under, and Jokim Noah.
TeaLeafReaderII
no Durant for you then? tongue.gif
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 23 2007, 01:48 PM) *
no Durant for you then? tongue.gif

What players don't you want drafted at #9

You expect Durant to be there at #9?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 23 2007, 07:12 AM) *
Anyone 6'9" or under, and Jokim Noah.

Amen.

I will blow a load if we get Hawes. He fills the immediate needs better than anyone else, even Hibbert.
dasox24
The only guys that I really wouldn't want are Conley and Brewer. They're very good players, but we just have to many players similar to them that are already on the team. I wouldn't be opposed to Julian Wright b/c he's got great size and could add another 15-20 lbs. to his 6'8'' frame, and get up to 235-240 without losing quickness/speed. Plus he's uber-talented, and if he improves his shooting, we'd be looking at a multiple time all-star here. I could see a lineup of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Wright/Thomas, and Wallace working out well.
SoxFan1
Hawes is our man...or so I hope.
soxfan101
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2007, 03:26 PM) *
Hawes is our man...or so I hope.

Seems like its either Hawes or Yi.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 23 2007, 01:56 PM) *

You never know... he could get into a serious car accident or acquire any series of maladies that could jepordize his future and lower is stock between now and the draft... but hey he is 6'9" better not touch him. smile.gif

btw I would love Hawes... though I'm a little worried Hibbert won't be around to be a consolation prize.

You never know... he could get into a serious car accident or acquire any series of maladies that could jepordize his future and lower is stock between now and the draft... but hey he is 6'9" better not touch him. smile.gif

btw I would love Hawes... though I'm a little worried Hibbert won't be around to be a consolation prize.
DutheDoduhon21
ESPN's chad Ford's pick
[/quote]
Chicago
(via New York)

Spencer Hawes Position: C
Height: 7-0
Weight: 230
School: Washington

The skinny: The Bulls desperately need low-post scoring, and Hawes may be the most offensively-gifted low-post player in the draft. He can score in a variety of ways around the basket and has the toughness Scott Skiles demands from his players. The main drawback is Hawes' lack of athleticism and strength.

The Bulls really want Yi, so don't be surprised if they try to move up a few spots in the draft to get him. [quote]

i think hawes would be a great pick at 9, i really dont want Yi, he doesnt fit our team because hes not so hot on defense, hawes is the post up player we need.
eddog2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2007, 03:10 PM) *
Amen.

I will blow a load if we get Hawes. He fills the immediate needs better than anyone else, even Hibbert.

Are you serious. I really don't want him on the team but even if I liked him there's now way I'd blow my load. I'd only blow my load if we got someone like Yi, Durant, Oden, Horford, or Wright. Someone that's not expected to be there when we pick.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 03:05 PM) *
Are you serious. I really don't want him on the team but even if I liked him there's now way I'd blow my load. I'd only blow my load if we got someone like Yi, Durant, Oden, Horford, or Wright. Someone that's not expected to be there when we pick.

SI
9 F Yi Jianlian Guandong Southern Tigers (China) -- 6-11 240
GM John Paxson has built a strong track record in the draft in just a few years. With a strong core group in place, Paxson needs a low-post scorer, but if one isn't available in the draft, he'll pick a player who fits well into the Bulls' team concept. The Bulls will have to use a lot of patience in getting Yi up to speed defensively, but his obvious offensive attributes make him a low-risk pick.
biggrin.gif
soxfan3530
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2007, 05:25 PM) *

Can this Yi guy even post up at all. I heard he was strictly a perimeter player and we have plenty of those!
SoxFan1
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 05:05 PM) *

It was a figure of speech, meaning I would be quite excited. No one can realy deny that Hawes is the guy who fills our needs best, and could come in and produce pretty quickly. And I don't get why you're so high on Yi. Haven't seen much of him, but he's not a low post scorer really and is pretty limited to the mid-range game. I also hear he can't rebound. or play D.
DutheDoduhon21
It was a figure of speech, meaning I would be quite excited. No one can realy deny that Hawes is the guy who fills our needs best, and could come in and produce pretty quickly. And I don't get why you're so high on Yi. Haven't seen much of him, but he's not a low post scorer really and is pretty limited to the mid-range game. I also hear he can't rebound. or play D.

agree with you all the way on Yi, everything you said is right, with hawes you know what your going to get, hes what we need a low post scorer that gives it all he has, a skiles kind of player.
eddog2
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 23 2007, 10:19 PM) *

I guess I've never been a fan of slow hard working big white guys. Guess that's why I didn't like Darius Songaila or Luke. Anyway, Yi is going to be twice the player Hawes ever will be. You can quote me on that. His game is unknown or unproven now but won't be in the future.

I'm also not sold on Hawes who chose to go to a smaller school over the big schools. Maybe it was his plan all along to leave after 1 year and he knew that he could pad his stats better against weaker competition.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 10:41 PM) *
I'm also not sold on Hawes who chose to go to a smaller school over the big schools. Maybe it was his plan all along to leave after 1 year and he knew that he could pad his stats better against weaker competition.

or maybe he liked the coach, come on.
eddog2
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 23 2007, 10:55 PM) *
or maybe he liked the coach, come on.

Or maybe it's b/c his uncle and dad played at Washington. I'm just messing with all of you. I really would rather see us draft someone else but should we happen to draft Hawes I will be wishing him the best after the 1st couple of weeks that I dawg the pick. There are just other players who excite me more.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 23 2007, 09:08 PM) *
Or maybe it's b/c his uncle and dad played at Washington. I'm just messing with all of you. I really would rather see us draft someone else but should we happen to draft Hawes I will be wishing him the best after the 1st couple of weeks that I dawg the pick. There are just other players who excite me more.

The question of course is how many of them will be available @ #9?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.