Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: uh oh
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
rangercal
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2879914

even if someone ahead of us were going to draft him, this definitely has to mess up Paxsons plan. If anything this makes the draft a lot thinner ( especially at center) this move alone may prevent the Bulls from drafting Hibbert or Hawes ( who may go earlier in the draft now)

this sucks mad.gif
madisonsmadhouse
Damn, that does suck.
ZoomSlowik
That does hurt the depth a bit, but I'm not really sure that make sense for Hibbert. His biggest concerns are quickness and leaping ability, and it's pretty hard to improve those significantly. He's a guy that can definitely pull a Noah and drop a bit if he has the same type of year or struggles a bit. It gives the scouts another year to analyze his flaws, which is generally a bad thing for a guy that's already been around for 3 years...
RME JICO
After the lottery results, this is another tough break. It will be interesting to see what the Bulls do now.
SoxFan1
Oh god. I really don't like the way this is going. He's probably going to piss me off and draft Noah or another G/F tweener. Please god, give us Hawes.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 23 2007, 08:45 AM) *
That does hurt the depth a bit, but I'm not really sure that make sense for Hibbert. His biggest concerns are quickness and leaping ability, and it's pretty hard to improve those significantly. He's a guy that can definitely pull a Noah and drop a bit if he has the same type of year or struggles a bit. It gives the scouts another year to analyze his flaws, which is generally a bad thing for a guy that's already been around for 3 years...

Well, one of the big reasons Noah is dropping a lot this season is that the draft is ungodly strong compared to last year's. TT would probably have gone around #10 in this year's draft, ditto Aldridge, if they were in it, when they were near the top last year. He gets out of this draft and avoids being hurt and maybe he's top 5 next year if no Durants appear.
eddog2
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 23 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Well, one of the big reasons Noah is dropping a lot this season is that the draft is ungodly strong compared to last year's. TT would probably have gone around #10 in this year's draft, ditto Aldridge, if they were in it, when they were near the top last year. He gets out of this draft and avoids being hurt and maybe he's top 5 next year if no Durants appear.

Yeah, but I agree with Zoom's post that he's an unproven commodity right now. He really has never been spectacular and I think this is the highest his value is ever going to be. He better jump all over it while he can. I doubt Georgetown is going as deep as last year so the media coverage of him will be far less meaning he'll have to be that much better to improve his stock.
sport1016
where would tyrus go in this draft?

Because Isn't he basically Brandan Wright? (Unproven, explosive, athletic, raw, skinny pf)

And he's been predicted to go between 3-8, right? Is that about right for TT?
eddog2
QUOTE (sport1016 @ May 24 2007, 01:30 AM) *
where would tyrus go in this draft?

Because Isn't he basically Brandan Wright? (Unproven, explosive, athletic, raw, skinny pf)

And he's been predicted to go between 3-8, right? Is that about right for TT?

I think Tyrus is more like Julian Wright. An explosive player that has out of this world athleticism. Wright probably has a better offensive game but neither are great at creating their own shots.
Steve9347
This does hurt...

however, the last thing I want is for the Bulls to actually use this pick.
ZoomSlowik
I would say either Wright is a decent comparison for Tyrus given all of the combinations of height/length/athleticism, though Brandon is probably a bit closer since he plays inside more. Even then though, Wright is a better scorer while Tyrus is a better rebounder and defender.

I'd say Tyrus would be in the mix from 3-8, that seems like basically a jumbled mess that can be cracked by a freakish athlete. He might be closer to the back end though because a lot of the guys now are more polished than in last year's draft. I think Aldridge would probably be in the 3-5 range, he's reasonably similar to Horford, and any 6'10" athletic guy with some scoring touch would still be in pretty high demand. Noah appears to be in that 6-10 range now though, when he probably would have been #1 last year.

Even factoring in for Durant and Oden, had he maintained the level of hype he almost certainly would have gone #3. I could definitely see that happening to Hibbert, especially since his team won't be as good as that Florida one, and I don't know how much better he can get with his physical profile.
AtHomeBoy_2000
I thought the Bulls had the option of trading this year OR next year. Am i wrong on this? Might it be worth the risk to try next year?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.