Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rashard Lewis
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Iguana
Should Pax give him a look over Randolph since he's a FA and would have to trade for Randolph?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2883178

Lewis' stats

2006-07 Statistics
PPG 22.4
RPG 6.60
APG 2.4
EFF + 21.33

Randolph's stats

2006-07 Statistics
PPG 23.6
RPG 10.10
APG 2.2
EFF + 22.40

everything's pretty much even except rebounds. now, the question is, which one fits the Bulls lockerroom attitude? dont both have their warts?
rangercal
if we could trade Big ben and free up money, I would be all for this.
RME JICO
Yeah, the biggest thing comes down to money unfortunately. He would be a nice addition but it would mean someone else leaving.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I would try and get rashard
DutheDoduhon21
he would be a nice addition, is he a PF?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 26 2007, 10:17 AM) *
he would be a nice addition, is he a PF?

No, strictly a small forward...

Regardless, there's no way we could afford him, we're basically just going to have the mid-level exemption. We wouldn't be able to clear enough space to get him. Even if we let Noc walk and signed no draft picks we'd still only have like $8 mil in space, which just won't be enough. It'd still have to be a sign-and-trade anyways, with Hinrich being the principle piece to match salaries.

That'd seem pretty moot though, he's basically Deng with a bit more range on the jumper.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Im sure he could manage to play some powerforward though too.. I mean he is 6'10 but I suppose we could just move Deng over to PF if all else fails.
soxfan3530
Rashard is a very good player but he is gonna make a ton of money and plays the position that our best player plays. we have wayyyy bigger needs. next.
bschmaranz
How would we be able to acquire him anyways? It'd have to take a sign-and-trade, and we can't include Nocioni (BYC)
eddog2
I'd love to see him in a Bulls uniform but I think he's going to end up with Orlando when it's all said and done.
soxfan101
Yeah from all accounts he is Orlando bound. Hopefully though that opens the door for Orlando to trade away Darko to us possibly.
sport1016
i would love to have darko........at the right price

sign and trade nocioni plus du and khryapa expiring contracts (both guys could be good backups for orlando too) and your looking at about 10 million in salary

i dnt think darko is worth 10 per year, but i wonder what his agent has in mind
Balta1701-B
I think there is absolutely no reason to think that Darko Milicic is going to be worth the money someone is going to give him. He's going to get 2x as much $ as his production has earned him solely because he was the #2 draft pick in the Lebron/Melo/Wade draft. If he was the #15 pick and did exactly the same thing every game that he's done so far, he might not even get the MLE.
soxfan101
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 29 2007, 11:02 AM) *
I think there is absolutely no reason to think that Darko Milicic is going to be worth the money someone is going to give him. He's going to get 2x as much $ as his production has earned him solely because he was the #2 draft pick in the Lebron/Melo/Wade draft. If he was the #15 pick and did exactly the same thing every game that he's done so far, he might not even get the MLE.

Apparently you dont know the NBA 2 well. The reason he was the number 2 pick is because he is a big with talent. Just look at other big guys in the league who really arent all that great and see their contracts. If your tall and not a total stiff you will get paid in the NBA. Hey if your tall enough you can even be a stiff(Shawn Bradley).
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 30 2007, 01:24 AM) *
Apparently you dont know the NBA 2 well. The reason he was the number 2 pick is because he is a big with talent. Just look at other big guys in the league who really arent all that great and see their contracts. If your tall and not a total stiff you will get paid in the NBA. Hey if your tall enough you can even be a stiff(Shawn Bradley).

And I'm saying that paying a lot of money for people who are tall and not total stiffs is just not the way to build yourself a winner. If guys aren't performing, then throwing money at them because they're tall just doesn't make them better.
soxfan101
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 30 2007, 12:02 PM) *
And I'm saying that paying a lot of money for people who are tall and not total stiffs is just not the way to build yourself a winner. If guys aren't performing, then throwing money at them because they're tall just doesn't make them better.

But him being the number2 pick has nothing to do with it, its his ability that gets u money. So wouldnt of mattered if he was the 15th pick or the 2nd he would still be due for a payday.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 30 2007, 05:38 PM) *
But him being the number2 pick has nothing to do with it, its his ability that gets u money. So wouldnt of mattered if he was the 15th pick or the 2nd he would still be due for a payday.

I haven't watched every game, but I just don't see anything about him right now that is going to justify the payday he'll get.
Steve9347
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 30 2007, 08:49 PM) *
I haven't watched every game, but I just don't see anything about him right now that is going to justify the payday he'll get.

When healthy this year, he was one of the most dynamic players in the NBA...
eddog2
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 31 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Steve, I think they were talking about Darko and not Lewis.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 31 2007, 12:31 PM) *
Steve, I think they were talking about Darko and not Lewis.

well... that's what i get for jumping into the 2nd page of a thread entitled Rashard Lewis... helps to read the whole convo!
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 31 2007, 09:30 AM) *

Yeah...Rashard Lewis >>>> Darko Milicic. Pick which one of those 2 deserves a max contract more, and I think you'll have my point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.