Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kobe want trade
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
SoxFan1
http://kutv.com/sports/local_story_147194220.html

Gordon, Thomas, and the 9th pick...do it.
DrunkBomber
It would be great to land Kobe.
TeaLeafReaderII
salaries don't work... you need to throw in big ben or kirk
eddog2
I'll pass. That guy is my least favorite player in the NBA. I don't need him coming here trying to be the next Jordan. Anyway, I think we'd have to trade the whole damn team just to get him.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 28 2007, 12:45 PM) *
salaries don't work... you need to throw in big ben or kirk

Unless we sign Gordon to a huge contract to make the salaries work. Or maybe even Noc in a sign/trade.
TeaLeafReaderII
the poison pill clause keeps that from working... unless you are talking about next offseason.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Mike and Mike in the morning were saying

Chi Receives:

Kobe Bryant
Andrew Bynum

LA Receives:

Luol Deng
Ben Gordon
Ben Wallace

would you do that? I probably would but then it'd seem as if we would be just like the Lakers of this year (not very good). I could be wrong, unless Bynum develops crazily. Bynum + Tyrus = Dominant low post players in their primes.

PG: Hinrich
SG: Kobe
SF: Thabo
PF: Tyrus
C: Bynum

hmmm...
Balta1701-B
Honestly, no I would not do that for Kobe. The whole reason to get a Kobe would be to put him within the next year or two with some really talented guys you already have who are ready.

Simply put, Bynum and Tyrus may be the 2 best players in the NBA 3 years from now for all I know, but the whole reason to get a Kobe Bryant right now for the Bulls would be to put Kobe on the court at the same time as Big Ben and Luol.

Kobe would probably be just as annoyed with that lineup waiting on TT and Bynum to develop as he is in L.A.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 02:22 PM) *
Bynum + Tyrus = Dominant low post players in their primes.

laugh.gif Tyrus will never be a dominant low post player. I have trouble believing he'll be dominant in anything at all. Bynum, perhaps, because he's go the size and has developed a lot already. Tyrus doesn't have the bulk, height (not too big of an issue though), or the low post game. Fortunately, these are things that he can add, well, besides height.

Oh, and as far as Bynum/Kobe for Gordon/Deng/Wallace...I'll go ahead and say no thanks.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 29 2007, 05:14 PM) *
laugh.gif Tyrus will never be a dominant low post player. I have trouble believing he'll be dominant in anything at all. Bynum, perhaps, because he's go the size and has developed a lot already. Tyrus doesn't have the bulk, height (not too big of an issue though), or the low post game. Fortunately, these are things that he can add, well, besides height.

Oh, and as far as Bynum/Kobe for Gordon/Deng/Wallace...I'll go ahead and say no thanks.

If you say so rolleyes.gif
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Oh, that's right, I forgot, everything I say about Tyrus is wrong, while your 4 word posts are filled with knowledge and relevancy. GMAB.

You really believe Tyrus Thomas will be a dominant low post player? A dominant low-post player. You think he will be somewhere along the lines of Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon? Those are dominant low-post players. I don't think so.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 29 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Tyrus is far more likely to be a Shawn Marion/Josh Smith type than a Duncan/KG type...

I could MAYBE see something like Dwight Howard or Amare Stoudemire since those guys mostly score on layups or dunks (even that would require more bulk and improved touch), but being a major force with his back to the basket would require exponential improvement...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 29 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Oh, that's right, I forgot, everything I say about Tyrus is wrong, while your 4 word posts are filled with knowledge and relevancy. GMAB.

You really believe Tyrus Thomas will be a dominant low post player? A dominant low-post player. You think he will be somewhere along the lines of Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon? Those are dominant low-post players. I don't think so.

Well then you better ban me for 5 years then if you think I can't say what I feel. and FYI I don't think Tyrus will be the players above, I said Tyrus + Bynum in prime will be a dominant frontcourt for years to come. I don't care what you think about my posts, I've been through a whole hell of alot these past few weeks with my mom being in the hospital, I really could care less what you think.
DrunkBomber
Just reported on ESPN bottom line that Kobe said in an interview he told the Lakers he would like a trade and theres nothing they can do to change his mind.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Well we know IF we trade for Kobe, Wallace is obviously gone because contracts need to matchup and Gordon is obviously gone because he is a 2 guard and so is Kobe. We all know Gordon is completely inept at becoming the point guard of this team with his lack of ball handling.

So its Gordon + Wallace +??

For Kobe+ Bynum?

I would do all that it takes to keep Deng because I'll always take a great SG and SF. You don't see too many of those combos. AI and Mello work out pretty well. We will see how much better there chemistry gets during this offseason.

If there was an Ideal trade to get Kobe Bryant it would be

Chi Receives: Kobe Bryant

LA Receives: Ben Gordon, Ben Wallace, First Round Pick

Unless we want Bynum too, we will HAVE to give up Deng because of Bynums young talent. We all know how much they love him. They wouldn't even give him up for Jason Kidd so it'd be tough. If we did that, we wouldn't give up our first round pick and therefore we could draft a young SF like Julian Wright!
DrunkBomber
I know its been mentioned in most of the trade scenarios but I dont think the Lakers are gonna part with Kobe and Bynum. Their unwillingness to move Bynum is what cost them getting Jason Kidd.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 30 2007, 01:10 PM) *
Well we know IF we trade for Kobe, Wallace is obviously gone because contracts need to matchup and Gordon is obviously gone because he is a 2 guard and so is Kobe. We all know Gordon is completely inept at becoming the point guard of this team with his lack of ball handling.

So its Gordon + Wallace +??

For Kobe+ Bynum?

I would do all that it takes to keep Deng because I'll always take a great SG and SF. You don't see too many of those combos. AI and Mello work out pretty well. We will see how much better there chemistry gets during this offseason.

If there was an Ideal trade to get Kobe Bryant it would be

Chi Receives: Kobe Bryant

LA Receives: Ben Gordon, Ben Wallace, First Round Pick

Unless we want Bynum too, we will HAVE to give up Deng because of Bynums young talent. We all know how much they love him. They wouldn't even give him up for Jason Kidd so it'd be tough. If we did that, we wouldn't give up our first round pick and therefore we could draft a young SF like Julian Wright!

Wallace doesn't HAVE to be involved. In fact, LA would probably not take him because he's too old and expensive. Hinrich and Nocioni are two viable options to fill the salary gap, and are far more likely than Wallace.
GreatScott82
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/...ryDate=20070530
Bulls and Phoenix have the most to offer LA... IMO Phoenix are too close to make a deal like that. I think the Bulls can do this w/o even giving up Luol Deng. He can be ought for Nocioni (sign and trade), Gordon, Thomas and Khryapa. Those 4 can equal up to about $15 mill after the sign and trade w/ Nocioni. Kobe gets about 17.7 mill/ season.

Your 2007-08 Chicago Bulls:
Hinrich PG (Duhon)
Bryant SG (Sefolosha, Griffin)
Deng SF (draft Brewer or Horford), Griffin
Brown PF (Allen) (draft Noah if Brewer of Horford are gone)
Wallace C (free agent)

Easily the best team in the East.

P.S. Bryant and Deng the new MJ and Pippen combo!!! SHIBBBBY!!!
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 30 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Wallace doesn't HAVE to be involved. In fact, LA would probably not take him because he's too old and expensive. Hinrich and Nocioni are two viable options to fill the salary gap, and are far more likely than Wallace.

Well isn't he the only one that would help matchup salaries?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 30 2007, 01:00 AM) *
Well then you better ban me for 5 years then if you think I can't say what I feel. and FYI I don't think Tyrus will be the players above, I said Tyrus + Bynum in prime will be a dominant frontcourt for years to come. I don't care what you think about my posts, I've been through a whole hell of alot these past few weeks with my mom being in the hospital, I really could care less what you think.

I'm sorry for any stress you've gone through with your mom, and I truly hope everything turns out for the best for you and your family, but there is no need to bring your personal life into this.

You clearly said that they would be dominant low post players. Seriously, stop turning everything into a pointless argument. It's right there. Don't deny what you said. I don't understand why you're calling me out when I defended my argument. This is a message board for discussing opinions. People are going to disagree with you. Grow up and defend your damn argument instead of giving useless garbage like "If you say so:rolleyes: "

I understand the stress you are going through. My grandmother had breast cancer and a UTI within a few months of each other, thankfully she made it through and I hope the same for your mom. But if it is going to bother you this badly, maybe you really should consider taking some time off to clear your head.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 30 2007, 06:05 PM) *
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/...ryDate=20070530
Bulls and Phoenix have the most to offer LA... IMO Phoenix are too close to make a deal like that. I think the Bulls can do this w/o even giving up Luol Deng. He can be ought for Nocioni (sign and trade), Gordon, Thomas and Khryapa. Those 4 can equal up to about $15 mill after the sign and trade w/ Nocioni. Kobe gets about 17.7 mill/ season.

Your 2007-08 Chicago Bulls:
Hinrich PG (Duhon)
Bryant SG (Sefolosha, Griffin)
Deng SF (draft Brewer or Horford), Griffin
Brown PF (Allen) (draft Noah if Brewer of Horford are gone)
Wallace C (free agent)

Easily the best team in the East.

P.S. Bryant and Deng the new MJ and Pippen combo!!! SHIBBBBY!!!

IMO, this is the ideal trade. That would leave us with a complete team. Hopefully we could sign a guy like Ely or Williamson to a MLE to start at PF as well, just to solidify the team after that. There are 2 drawbacks to trading for Kobe:

1. He is going to make our team a lot less deep.
2. The MJ comparisons will increase twofold.
DrunkBomber
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 30 2007, 07:49 PM) *

I agree about making the team a lot less deep, the only thing that makes that worth while is that we would finally have a star and a guy who can take over games offensively and defensively. If we can pull it off where we keep Deng and Wallace we will be in good shape.

I dont see this trade going down without Wallace for salary cap reasons, and I dont see us dealing Kirk.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 30 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Well isn't he the only one that would help matchup salaries?

Um, no, as many have pointed out you can easily get up to $15 mil with other parts. You don't have to match salaries, just get close on in-going/out-going salaries, otherwise trades would be ridiculously hard.

However, a couple of interesting things that Chris Sheridan pointed out in his Insider column:

1) Kobe's contract has a 15% trade kicker, meaning his salary jumps if he gets traded. He does have the option to waive it, but I doubt he'd give away a few mil unless he REALLY likes the situation.

2) His cap figure differs depending on when he gets traded. Up until June 30th, his cap figure is $17.72 mil, after that it is $19.49 mil (these are pre-kicker figures).

He also throws out a potential deal for the Bulls in the article: Tyrus (3.5), Gordon (4.9), Duhon (3.3), and Noc (assumes 6.2). That adds up to $17.9 mil. It's pretty similar to the deal above, and seems to make a lot of sense...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 30 2007, 07:49 PM) *
I'm sorry for any stress you've gone through with your mom, and I truly hope everything turns out for the best for you and your family, but there is no need to bring your personal life into this.

You clearly said that they would be dominant low post players. Seriously, stop turning everything into a pointless argument. It's right there. Don't deny what you said. I don't understand why you're calling me out when I defended my argument. This is a message board for discussing opinions. People are going to disagree with you. Grow up and defend your damn argument instead of giving useless garbage like "If you say so:rolleyes: "

I understand the stress you are going through. My grandmother had breast cancer and a UTI within a few months of each other, thankfully she made it through and I hope the same for your mom. But if it is going to bother you this badly, maybe you really should consider taking some time off to clear your head.
IMO, this is the ideal trade. That would leave us with a complete team. Hopefully we could sign a guy like Ely or Williamson to a MLE to start at PF as well, just to solidify the team after that. There are 2 drawbacks to trading for Kobe:

Well she had a stroke and "should" have died, it truly is a miracle and were so damn glad she is fine. I don't care so much about this stuff anymore or atleast right now. The way you try to make every point I make look stupid makes me angry. Just accept that everyone has their own opinions.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 31 2007, 12:26 AM) *
Well she had a stroke and "should" have died, it truly is a miracle and were so damn glad she is fine. I don't care so much about this stuff anymore or atleast right now. The way you try to make every point I make look stupid makes me angry. Just accept that everyone has their own opinions.

I accepted this a long time ago, but it's a 2 way street man. You've got to do the same thing too. I said that I think Tyrus will not be a dominant low post player and you said "If you say so rolleyes.gif " So, how exactly did I disrespect your opinion or make your point look stupid?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I didn't mean post player as in Tim Duncan good, I meant Bynum + Tyrus in their primes would be dominant and i mean frontcourt I just said post players cuz I thought it was referring to the same thing. Im not talking about just this time, you always do it to me and idk y, im just one person on this board.
SoxFan1
I'm still not getting your logic. Tim Duncan is a dominant low post player. I made the comparison, I never said you did. I don't get what you're saying. If you don't think he'll be a dominant low post player, then why would you say it? And you still didn't answer the question? How did I try to make you look stupid?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Idk man, sorry for confusing you. I confused myself. I meant dominant frontcourt, I just said low post players because I thought it meant the same is frontcourt since they play in the post but after thinking about it, its not the same. I'll leave it at that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.