Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you want Kobe on the Bulls
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Steve9347
Yes or no? tongue.gif
madisonsmadhouse
In a perfect world, yes I want him. I don't want to pay the price to get him, as I think it would be counterproductive.
DutheDoduhon21
i said no because i dont think it is worth giving up BG and/or luol becase it still isnt solving our low post scoring problem bc we would still be giving up our draft pick, and in the end we would be moving backwards.
i like the idea of kobe and i like him as a player, but we would be giving up too much.
Balta1701-B
It all depends on the deal. If we could pull it off while holding onto Deng, Wallace, Hinrich, and either TT or our pick...absolutely. But I don't see the Lakers just handing him away.
soxfan101
I just think any deal that we send Deng away in we are going to need something back along with Kobe. If Deng goes we are definitely going to have to send 1 of Kirk or Gordon just because position problems and probably Nocioni. Id give them Deng and Gordon if we get Kobe and Bynum. we would obviously throw in nocioni or pj brown or whatevr it takes to make the deal work money wise.

Than in draft you take Julian Wright a 3-4 year college player who has had success and very athletic.

PG:Kirk Hinrich
SG:Kobe Bryant
SF:Julian Wright
PF:Tyrus Thomas
C:Ben Wallace

key contributers off bench

PF/C: Andrew Bynum
PG/SG/SF: Thabo Sefelosha
PG: Chris Duhon

Than we could give the MLE to someone who would provide depth at the SF/PF position.
ZoomSlowik
I voted yes, but I think it really depends on the deal. I'm just going to assume that Gordon goes in this situation, but if we have to give up Deng and/or Hinrich as well that just seems counter productive. I'd also like to keep either Tyrus or the #9 pick so we don't move ALL of our depth (also assuming Noc and probably Duhon go as salary filler), though I'm not sure how possible that is...

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ May 31 2007, 02:58 PM) *
Than in draft you take Julian Wright a 3-4 year college player who has had success and very athletic.

Wright is only a sophomore, and if we're depending on him to start from day 1, we have some problems, especially in a lineup that also includes Tyrus and Big Ben. Kobe would have to score like 40 regularly, since none of those guys can consistently create their own shot. blink.gif

His jumper leave A LOT to be desired, and honestly at this point in his career he's FAR more dangerous in the paint getting offensive rebounds than on the wing. He's athletic and has potential, but he's nowhere near close to capitalizing on it.
BG7
First, Kobe coming to the Bulls would necessitate us giving up BOTH Luol and BG. The Lakers will not give away Kobe for cheap. Kobe coming to the Bulls would reduce our scoring options from Four (Kirk, BG, Luol, and Nocioni) to Three (Kirk, Kobe, Nocioni).

Defenses would be smart to focus only on Kobe. If Kobe has a bad game, we lose hands down. With our current lineup, BG can have a bad game but the Bulls can still win with our other scoring options.

Honestly, Kobe would be amazing, but we'd have to give up TOO MUCH young talent. Luol is a future superstar and I think Ben Gordon is a star already. Not to mention trading them away would mess up the excellent chemistry we already have.

KEEP OUR CURRENT ROSTER! Use our #9 pick for leverage to get either Pau Gasol or any offensive-minded post player! It would be a mistake to trade away our young guys.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
What if we just tossed both kirk and ben for Kobe? We could then try extra hard to snatch Mike Conley in the draft. Imagine

PG Conley
SG Kobe
SF Deng
PF Tyrus
C Wallace
TeaLeafReaderII
Skiles couldn't handle an ego like Kidd... what do you think will happen when he starts butting heads with Kobe?
rangercal
Yes!

Trade Deng, Noc(sign and trade to match Salaries) and the # 9

Leaves us with:

Kobe
Big Ben
Little Ben
Tyrus
Kirk
Ring # 7
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 31 2007, 09:05 PM) *
What if we just tossed both kirk and ben for Kobe? We could then try extra hard to snatch Mike Conley in the draft. Imagine

PG Conley
SG Kobe
SF Deng
PF Tyrus
C Wallace

Conley will not be there, the hot rumor so far is that Atlanta will take him at 3, meaning we'd have to give up several more parts to get a 19 year old PG that is probably 2 years away from being "ready". Plus I'm not sure how happy Kobe would be playing in a lineup where 2 guys that can't legally drink yet are playing major roles...

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 1 2007, 11:36 AM) *
Yes!

Trade Deng, Noc(sign and trade to match Salaries) and the # 9
Leaves us with:

Kobe
Big Ben
Little Ben
Tyrus
Kirk
Ring # 7

Gordon virtually HAS to go, his effectiveness is gone if you put him on the same floor as Kobe. He'd basically turn into a pure spot-up shooter because Kobe would have the ball so much.
Iguana
As long as Deng and TT arent involved, hell yes.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Iguana @ Jun 1 2007, 07:10 PM) *
As long as Deng and TT arent involved, hell yes.

Bingo, I agree 100%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.