Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bulls targeting noah?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Sliding Noah targeted by Bulls?
Posted: Friday June 01, 2007 06:33AM ET
Joakim Noah, who could be snatched at No. 9 by the Bulls with the pick they got from the Knicks in the Eddy Curry trade, has trained the last three weeks in Los Angeles. Noah would have been the top pick last year but likely is a mid-to-late lottery pick now.

i really hope we arent even looking at him,he is not a post up scorer, not what we need. he is sliding for a reason.

oh and i also read on espn rumors that hawes doent know if he wants to be in the draft anymore, he better because i was looking forward to the bulls getting him at 9.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I would goudge (sp) my eyes out before watching that pathetic piece of garbage play for the Bulls. If it were up to me, he wouldn't even be picked in the 2nd round. Not only can he not score AT ALL, he can't even play great defense. I honestly have NO clue as to how he is getting so much hype. He did much worse this year than last year and even then I hated him. We don't need a forward who can't score. O god if we get him....
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 1 2007, 01:56 PM) *
I would goudge (sp) my eyes out before watching that pathetic piece of garbage play for the Bulls. If it were up to me, he wouldn't even be picked in the 2nd round. Not only can he not score AT ALL, he can't even play great defense. I honestly have NO clue as to how he is getting so much hype. He did much worse this year than last year and even then I hated him. We don't need a forward who can't score. O god if we get him....

Geez, overreacting a bit?

He's projected to be a lottery pick because he's 6'11", pretty athletic, and plays with a lot of energy. He has slid a bit because after another season the hype died down and the draft is considerably stronger than last year.

Also, I must have missed this massive drop-off in his play. A comparison between the two years:

Sophomore: 24.9 minutes, 14.2 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 2.4 blocks, .627 FG%, .733 FT%
Junior: 25.9 minutes, 12 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 1.8 blocks, .605 FG%, .663 FT%

Looks pretty similar to me. About the only area where he fell off considerably was free throw shooting. The scoring was down a little, but between the previously mentioned free throw percentage and the increased role of Brewer and Horford (Noah took about 30 fewer shots, almost one per game), he's at roughly the same level of efficiency if not better.

No, he's not a great scorer, but how many guys in the draft are, and how many of them would be available at #9? There's basically no way we get Oden, Durant, Jian Lian, Brewer, Horford, or Brandan Wright, which means the only guys we could realistically get that are definitively a better scorer are Hawes, who many worry might not be athletic enough (though I personally like his game), Green, Thorton, and Young, who are all small forwards that we don't need, and Acie Law, who is a combo guard that may not be quick or big enough to stick long term.

Noah has been compared to a more skilled Anderson Varejao or a 6'11" Andrei Kirilenko. We could do A LOT worse than that...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
We don't need anymore defensive forwards, we need someone that can score and its obvious he cant. Call it overeacting but he is the ONE guy in this draft I cannot stand. I hate the way he talks because its like he's from "The Hood" if you know what I mean. Ugh, he might be up there with my Malik Allen hate. Its awful close.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 1 2007, 03:10 PM) *
We don't need anymore defensive forwards, we need someone that can score and its obvious he cant. Call it overeacting but he is the ONE guy in this draft I cannot stand. I hate the way he talks because its like he's from "The Hood" if you know what I mean. Ugh, he might be up there with my Malik Allen hate. Its awful close.

Well, unless the Bulls can suddenly turn that #9 into at least a #6, they're not going to have a whole lot of a choice (outside of Hawes). Plus given what happened in the playoffs, they need anyone that can play inside for extended minutes with any kind of productivity whatsoever. Noah can definitely do that.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
to me especially in the Tournament this year he looked like the worst player in that starting 5. I just can't see myself watching a Bulls game and then seeing Joakim Noah checking in at the scorers table. God please let us draft someone else!
sport1016
I really don't want Noah on the team but since Hibbert dropped out my draft wish list is as follows

1)TRADE THE PICK
2)TRADE THE PICK
3) Yi
4) Horford
5) Hawes
6) Noah

unless we trade up, Yi or horford are not happening

that means, yeah, Noah is my 2nd choice to hawes assuming we stay at 9

Neither fills our need of a low post scorer next year (even hawes who has the O skills wont be ready to contribute) but both fill the secondary need of backup big

the only real bigs we have under contract for next year are TT and Wallace. You need at least 4 that you can trust to play minutes....getting noah to be a backup pf/c is a quality move and you can still go after someone who can score with trades and the mle

assuming the bulls got a vet who could score having noah as your 4th big would certainly not be a bad thing
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Im seriously hoping Yi falls to us. Or we should make every attempt to move up in the draft wether that be trading a guy like Ben Gordon to get a guy like Brandon Wright, DO IT!
Balta1701-B
From ESPN's insider today;
Both his agent, Dan Fegan, and the Chinese government want to make sure Yi lands on the "right" team. So Yi will work out for only a few select teams.

Yi's Orlando maneuver means that the other teams in the league won't even have the results of a physical to look at, which might further discourage them from draft Yi.

Don't be shocked if Golden State or Chicago finds a way to move up and grab Yi. They seem to be the two "approved" teams most interested.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 1 2007, 06:39 PM) *
From ESPN's insider today;

Good news, I really like Yi and im usually against "Foreigners" like I was to Barnani last year but I've seen clips on this kid and he is very quick for his size and has a nice shooting touch. I don't know how much of a post game he has but he looks like a promising young player. I wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls make a move to get him. After Ben Wallace is gone he could move over to Center and team up with Tyrus at the power forward spot. If Yi becomes the offensive player that most people think, our frontcourt would be set for years to come. That includes Deng and Tyrus.
sport1016
I agree completely about Yi

He definately has the tools to be a star and should the bulls decide to stay in the draft instead of trading out for a vet they should move up to get him

He meets the qualification of being able to play next to wallace now and TT later
He has post moves, and while not the immediate ideal post scorer, the variety in his game makes up for it
In terms of the pick and pop game, he is perfect bc he has a great jumper, even has 3pt range

what would it take to move up to bostons's #5?

Yi is going to be a special player in the league, and thanks to China having some measure of control in all of this they could help us force a trade

Duhon and Khryapa and #9? yeah we wish....

what will they want?
ChWRoCk2
I wouldnt mind Noah but there are some better options scoring wise, if Hawes doesnt go in then Id consider trading the pick.

I kinda want to see Charlotte draft him so he and Morrison can play together, strike me as similar minded players.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 1 2007, 03:10 PM) *

Sounds like some of the stuff I said about Tyrus last year.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 1 2007, 04:51 PM) *
Im seriously hoping Yi falls to us. Or we should make every attempt to move up in the draft wether that be trading a guy like Ben Gordon to get a guy like Brandon Wright, DO IT!

Do you even read the stuff you write? Trading Gordon to get Wright? Who the hell would score for the Bulls? I bet you'd love to have 5 Tyrus Thomas' and start them all wouldn't you? Wright does not fill a need for this team, and is pretty much a taller Tyrus Thomas. He strength and low post abilities are his weaknesses. Why in the world would you trade our primary scorer for him? Unbelievable.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Because Wright is 6'10 with a wingspan of 7'5, really athletic, great passer, a decent post game. Needs to bulk up and he'll be a good player for years to come. Thats why I want him.
motownbull71
I am not sure about Noah at #9. We can't afford to spend the #9 pick on an energy guy with limited scoring ability and not much upside. I would prefer to have Hawes because he has the most polished offensive game among the "bigs" in this draft. If Nocioni is traded or not resigned, we could someone(2 guard or small forward) who can score for the second unit.

Another thought on Noah. Let's suppose he could be a taller Rodman/Wallace type. He could eventually take over for Big Ben and be valuable. But it would be very important to have the other big guy have some scoring ability.
ChWRoCk2
QUOTE (motownbull71 @ Jun 2 2007, 08:39 PM) *
I am not sure about Noah at #9. We can't afford to spend the #9 pick on an energy guy with limited scoring ability and not much upside. I would prefer to have Hawes because he has the most polished offensive game among the "bigs" in this draft. If Nocioni is traded or not resigned, we could someone(2 guard or small forward) who can score for the second unit.

Another thought on Noah. Let's suppose he could be a taller Rodman/Wallace type. He could eventually take over for Big Ben and be valuable. But it would be very important to have the other big guy have some scoring ability.

Hawes would be the best point because he can score but if he doesnt go in we have to look at other options.

Noah isnt center material, not strong enough. Although I wouldnt mind having him I would agree with you that he doesnt have much upside.

As for Noch, if he isnt resigned then I would love to draft a guy like Corey Brewer, tall guard who can defend. He has improved his scoring and can go to the hoop. Only problem is that we have Thabo who is rather similar so one of them would have to play in Nochs spot, most likely Thabo.

I really think the spot to take a forward is in the second round a guy like Fazekas can score. As for other guard options Adam Haluska out of Iowa is good.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 2 2007, 04:38 PM) *
Do you even read the stuff you write? Trading Gordon to get Wright? Who the hell would score for the Bulls? I bet you'd love to have 5 Tyrus Thomas' and start them all wouldn't you? Wright does not fill a need for this team, and is pretty much a taller Tyrus Thomas. He strength and low post abilities are his weaknesses. Why in the world would you trade our primary scorer for him? Unbelievable.

That's not entirely true, Wright has pretty good touch around the basket. Strength will definitely slow him down at the NBA level, it will be hard for him to get position to finish like he did in college early on.

I like him, but not trade-Gordon-for-him like him...
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 3 2007, 03:17 PM) *
That's not entirely true, Wright has pretty good touch around the basket. Strength will definitely slow him down at the NBA level, it will be hard for him to get position to finish like he did in college early on.

Thats what I mean. If he can't get position, then he wont be able to use the ability he has around the basket. Would he fill a need, slightly. Would I trade Gordon for him, most definitely not.
eddog2
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 3 2007, 03:17 PM) *

Would you trade Gordon for Yi JianLian if you were sold that he was indeed going to be the next great foreign player? I probably would even though I love Gordon. When you think about it, to acquire any meaningful big man in the NBA, the Bulls almost certainly would have to part with either Deng or Gordon if not both. That's why we haven't already made a deal for good/great big man. We already have someone in Sefolosha that could likely start next year at SG and we'd still have the #9 pick to take someone like Brewer if he fell to 9. That #9 pick probably won't bring us someone that really fills our void at PF/C and that's why I think it's probably best to trade for another pick or make a trade for an already established PF/C.

Yi's probably not going to go until 4-5-6 unless he has a rediculous workout and Atlanta takes him 3 which I am not ruling out b/c they often take the whatever prospect they fall in love with.

Wouldn't Gordon give the Celtics a better chance to win while Paul Pierce is still on the team (the next couple years)? As for Memphis, I really think they would take Yi if he's there at 4. A Gasol/Yi frontcourt would be pretty good and would create matchup nightmare's for teams every night. I don't think Memphis would want Gordon over Yi.

But then again. I'm probably talking out of my ass b/c that trade could end up being as bad as Brand for the #2 pick.
Steve9347
Noah can lick my asshole.

f*** him.

lol
soxfan101
I think Hawes and Yi Janlain or however you spell it are the Bulls top choices and if those 2 are gone than Noah is the consolation prize. And really for being a 3rd choice Noah is pretty damn good.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 4 2007, 01:41 AM) *
But then again. I'm probably talking out of my ass b/c that trade could end up being as bad as Brand for the #2 pick.

That last part is the problem. You don't trade a 20 PPG player for a draft pick unless you are 100% certain that the guy is going to be at worst a solid starter, and preferrably in the near future. Yi looks pretty skilled, but it looks like he also needs to bulk up a bit to play in the post in the league, which is where we really need him.

I agree that Gordon is the guy that has to go if we're going to get our legit big guy, but it doesn't make sense if we're taking a risk on a draft pick that might need some time to develop.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 4 2007, 09:29 AM) *
That last part is the problem. You don't trade a 20 PPG player for a draft pick unless you are 100% certain that the guy is going to be at worst a solid starter, and preferrably in the near future. Yi looks pretty skilled, but it looks like he also needs to bulk up a bit to play in the post in the league, which is where we really need him.

I agree that Gordon is the guy that has to go if we're going to get our legit big guy, but it doesn't make sense if we're taking a risk on a draft pick that might need some time to develop.

And there's the key. If we're 3 years away from contending, it's ok to trade a 20 ppg guy for a draft pick, because it'll save you money, open up FA space, and make sure your guys don't get too old too fast. But if you're looking to contend the next year...it just doesn't help you to start trading moderately established guys for draft picks, because unless you're drafting Lebron, and even then if you're drafting him, it takes a few seasons for everyone to adapt to the NBA regardless of talent level. Trading away Gordon and only getting back a guy from the draft is simply a step backwards in the hope of taking a step forwards in 2 or 3 years...and 2 or 3 years from now Ben Wallace will be 2 or 3 years older.

If we want to compete now, we do not trade guys like Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, or to a lesser extent T&T for draft picks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.