Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kobe or KG?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
This question came to mind as several things ocurred to me...

-While Kobe is the best player in the league, he still doesnt solve our low post needs the way KG would

-And, considering that, wouldnt we be able to give up less to get KG?

-But KG only has one year left on his deal, and then he could walk away and leave us with nada

-But Kobe only has 2 years till he could opt out.....

-Kobe is ASKING for a trade (maybe) while KG insists he won't....kobe could be had for pennies on the dollar, KG, maybe not....

-But what is pennies on the dollar for Kobe anyway?

-While LA probably doesnt even know what "cap relief" is, it's likely that minny would value duhon and khryapa's 5 million in expiring contracts more bc a) in a small market and cool.gif they're losing $

-Is Randy Foye a BG wannabe or would they make up an exciting "mid size" backcourt

-Can we get EITHER of these guys without giving up deng and/or TT?

things to wonder...
ZoomSlowik
Assuming the price is similar, give me KG any day. KG fills our needs as perfectly as anyone in the league. He's a beast on both ends of the floor and gives us a veteran leader that can definitely make us an immediate threat to win it all. He already took a less talented team to the Western Conference Finals, if we could get him for the same Gordon/Noc/Tyrus/filler that's been suggested for Kobe we're the immediate favorites in the East. Our interior defense would be ridiculously good with him and Wallace, and with Deng and Hinrich outside we could definitely do some damage.

Couple of problems though:

1) Minnesota probably should have traded him and started over each of the last 3 years. They seem reluctant to do it.

2) If they do trade him, I'm sure the price will be higher, and there will probably be more competition to get him since EVERYBODY needs a post player and he probably won't be quite as demanding as Kobe.

3) They'd almost certainly want Deng, though honestly Gordon is probably a better fit to play with KG because of his perimeter prowess anyways.

4) KG's salary is a bit higher. It averages $20 mil a year, but I think at this point it's in the $21-23 mil range. That means we'd need to deal a few more pieces, and likely means it'd be more like Kirk/Noc/filler instead (unfortunately, a Hinrich/Gordon backcourt would probably be ideal with KG).
sport1016
according to ESPN its 21 million this year
Chicago Bulls Franchise
We'd probably have to give up less for KG because he's older (I think?) and Minnesota really has no leverage if KG wants to leave, they are in a rebuilding process unlike LA who are trying to contend in the West.

I'd take Kobe in a sense that he can close out games better than anyone not named Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller. KG just gives us low post scoring which is what we need.

I'd rather have Kobe but it'd be smarter to get KG for our sake.
madisonsmadhouse
Garnett in a heartbeat.
Steve9347
OBVIOUSLY kg.
soxfan3530
Just look at the sig.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.