Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chauncey Billups?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I had no idea this guy was a free agent but how interested are you in going after him? Of course if we did, kirk or ben would be gone but this guy is a bonafide star. I doubt we'd have enough money to sign him but he is intriguing to me. What is your interest level in aquiring Chauncey Billups?
SoxFan1
We can't sign him because we don't have the money and we can't sign and trade for him because Detroit wouldn't do it.
RME JICO
I just hope he goes to the Western Conference.
eddog2
After yesterday's loss, I think Detroit is done. I really think Billups will realize that his team isn't going to win anymore championships. Everyone on the team is getting older and everyone in the East/West is getting better.

I'm thinking he's going to go to Atlanta. However, Orlando, Milwuakee and some other teams in the east and west might be interested.
madisonsmadhouse
Billups almost has to end up back in Detroit. I don't think anyone else with money is going to be looking at him with the other stuff on the market.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 4 2007, 08:27 AM) *
Billups almost has to end up back in Detroit. I don't think anyone else with money is going to be looking at him with the other stuff on the market.

I think Atlanta would be crazy not to make a run at him.
rangercal
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3 2007, 04:34 AM) *
We can't sign him because we don't have the money and we can't sign and trade for him because Detroit wouldn't do it.

If we traded Kirk we would have the Money.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 4 2007, 10:37 AM) *

Not necessarily, given that most teams in the league don't have the space to take him on without giving us back a similar contract.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 4 2007, 12:37 PM) *

No, we wouldn't, because the most we could possibly dump in a deal by rule is $2.75 mil unless one of the 5 teams or so with plenty of cap space want Kirk enough to add several million to the payroll AND give up a fair amount of talent.

Even if we let Noc walk and signed ZERO draft picks, we'd only have about $8 mil to work with under the cap, meaning we'd have to find a way to create AT LEAST $4 mil more in cap space.

A sign and trade with Detroit is conceivable, but HIGHLY unlikely, since I doubt Pax would want to add another $3 mil a year or more to the payroll and get older in the process while dealing a guy they like.
soxfan101
Does anyone know Milwaukee's cap situation? I always though Billups would fit perfectly there. In my opinion if they stay healthy and with the addition of Billups they are easily one of the top teams in the East.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.