Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Horford possibilities?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
BG7
It seems to me that if we stay put and do not make any trades this offseason, our target in this year's draft should be Al Horford.

Does anyone think its possible for the Bulls to trade the #9 pick and both second round picks to get Horford? Horford seriously reminds me of Carlos Boozer with an even more definitive inside game. He is everything the Bulls will need to establish a solid front court if he develops. In 2 years he could realistically be putting up 15 points and 7 boards per game.

So, is it possible to get him? We should do everything we can to get this kid.
SoxFan1
While he would be a great pick, it would mean that 1 of 2 things happened:

1.) The Bulls traded up to get Horford, which won't happen.
2.) Joakim Noah was drafted before Horford, which shouldn't happen.

I'd love to get Horford, because I really think he's going to be good, but I just don't see it happening. Paxson is more likely to trade out of 9 than trade up for someone but if he somehow falls into our lap at 9, I can't see the Bulls passing up on him. IMO, the Bulls big board should look like this:

1.) Oden
1a.) Durant
2.) Horford
3.) Hawes
4.) B. Wright
5.) Jianlian
sport1016
1.) Oden
1a.) Durant
2.) Horford
3.) Hawes
4.) B. Wright
5.) Jianlian

no way is Yi behind Hawes and Brandan wright on that list

He is right up there next to horford. Can the Bulls move up in the draft without getting fleeced? Wouldn't it just be easier to make a move for randolph?
soxfan101
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 8 2007, 07:15 AM) *

He is right up there next to horford. Can the Bulls move up in the draft without getting fleeced? Wouldn't it just be easier to make a move for randolph?

Its debatable. Yi is such a question you just dont know where he stands with anyone. Im personally intrigued by him and personally if it was Hawes and Yi available at the 9th it would be hard to pass up on Yi. As for Brandon Wright he probably is definitely above both but its less likely he will reach us than it is for Horford.
ZoomSlowik
There's no way we get Horford. It would absolutely have to involve trading up to #3 or #4 (I seriously doubt he gets past Memphis), which would cost us too much assuming those teams even want to do it.

9 and two seconds might get us up to #7, those picks have very little value.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 8 2007, 05:15 AM) *

I don't think that there is any way any of the teams in the top 7 or so of this draft other than maybe Atlanta would even consider moving down given the sheer amount of talent on the board, and Atlanta could hold out for Deng + our pick in exchange for that 3rd pick. I think it's insane to expect anyone to be moving down with this kind of talent on the board.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 8 2007, 10:41 AM) *
There's no way we get Horford. It would absolutely have to involve trading up to #3 or #4 (I seriously doubt he gets past Memphis), which would cost us too much assuming those teams even want to do it.

9 and two seconds might get us up to #7, those picks have very little value.

Minnesota does not want to be trading down for extra 2nd round picks with Garnett a year away from his opt-out.
motownbull71
I don't see Horford dropping to the ninth spot. We would have to move up to the third spot to guarantee being able to draft him. I don't think we could get Atlanta to move without giving up a core player which would most likely be Hinrich since they need a PG. Maybe, if they like Law or some other PG that could be had with the ninth or eleventh picks.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 8 2007, 01:56 PM) *
Minnesota does not want to be trading down for extra 2nd round picks with Garnett a year away from his opt-out.

I was speaking more hypothetically than anything. As you said, I don't expect much movement in this draft.
b-riann
take hawes or noah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.