Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about PJ Brown
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
BG7
Does anyone know what PJ Brown's contract is with the Bulls? Is he still on the team, or does he want a trade? Will he be back next year?
ZoomSlowik
Free agent, we'd have to re-sign him.
Balta1701-B
PJ is in a moderately useful spot. Pax has talked to him about coming back, and the Bulls can sign him without having to sacrifice their MLE cap room because he played for us last year. The Bulls can also use him in a sign and trade without sacrificing the MLE, if that's what Mr. Brown wants. He also has the option to simply retire if he doesn't think he can deal with another full season. So the ball is entirely in PJ's court right now to decide what he wants to do first, then the Bulls can react to that.
sport1016
Just to add to that, the buzz around the league is that PJ wouldnt mind another Big Pay day, so he could be resigned to a contract worth more than he would get had he just signed with someone straight up to balance out a sign and trade.

It makes sense for everyone bc PJ gets more money and the bulls get more trade flexibility. Someone like Gordon, who's 4 million in salary isnt the value he is to a team, could be packaged with PJ at a combined 8-10 million to create a more balanced, fair deal.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 11 2007, 06:14 PM) *
Just to add to that, the buzz around the league is that PJ wouldnt mind another Big Pay day, so he could be resigned to a contract worth more than he would get had he just signed with someone straight up to balance out a sign and trade.

It makes sense for everyone bc PJ gets more money and the bulls get more trade flexibility. Someone like Gordon, who's 4 million in salary isnt the value he is to a team, could be packaged with PJ at a combined 8-10 million to create a more balanced, fair deal.

Who would mind another big payday? I know I would like to see one!
eddog2
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 12 2007, 07:08 AM) *
Who would mind another big payday? I know I would like to see one!

At this point in his career, I highly doubt it's about the money. PJ was really considering retiring last year when he got traded to the Bulls. He doesn't want to move around b/c of his family. He probably wouldn't mind a big payday but if he plays at all it will probably have to be with a team fairly close to us. That would mean maybe the Pistons or Cleveland.

I just don't think he's going to go on some big free agent spree or agree to a big contract only to serve as sign and trade bait.
soxfan101
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 12 2007, 09:07 AM) *
At this point in his career, I highly doubt it's about the money. PJ was really considering retiring last year when he got traded to the Bulls. He doesn't want to move around b/c of his family. He probably wouldn't mind a big payday but if he plays at all it will probably have to be with a team fairly close to us. That would mean maybe the Pistons or Cleveland.

I just don't think he's going to go on some big free agent spree or agree to a big contract only to serve as sign and trade bait.

It would prob be a deal where only the first year is guaranteed. Im sure PJ for an extra 8-9 million or whatevr it would be wont mind playing 1 more season in portland or wherever. Even if it turns out to be a bad fit im sure he could workout a buyout with any team he is on.
sport1016

Im telling you, PJ has already told the bulls that that is something he's interested in

He may even just be to even out the salaries and get bought out after the trade, but most people generate income into their 60s, pro athletes have a very short window comparatively, so they try to maximize their earnings while they can

see: Briggs, Lance
Serbbojo
i wouldnt mind seeing PJ come back for another season he showed that he can help us out a lot, but only if he agrees at a price that wouldnt hurt the bulls chances of signing a better scorer down low
sport1016
IF we dont use him as trade bait, if he wanted to come back he'd be a perfect guy to have off the bench to backup wallace, TT, and the draft pick he would be a good mentor too for our pick, along with tyrus

especially a guy like hawes, who could learn a lot from PJ about defense
dasox24
I'd like to see PJ re-signed no matter what. Whether he's used in a trade to match salaries or comes back to mentor the young guys next year, I think it would be beneficial to re-sign him.
Balta1701-B
John (Wisco)
Is Paxson going to finally pull the trigger on something while he still can with PJ Brown in a sign and trade.

CHAD FORD
I expect a deal for the Bulls this summer. P. J. Brown in a sign-and-trade is a valuable chip. If they don't play it, Paxson would be forced to give up multiple players he wants to keep in any trade. I put Zach Randolph at the top of the probability list, but I still believe the Bulls have a shot at KG. The Wolves are looking like a last place team in their division right now (the trade of Mike James didn't help that) and everyone else in the division is getting stronger. If they wait any longer, KG's value won't be high.
madisonsmadhouse
Does Chad Ford know something the rest of us don't? Zach Randolph is the exact kind of player the Bulls have treated like sulferic acid the last few years. They do not mess with the guys who have legitmate problems staying out of trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.