Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALKBULLS MOCK DRAFT?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
Pages: 1, 2
madisonsmadhouse
Anyone interested in doing a mock draft for this year? If we get enough people we can give it a whirl...

Let me know your interest and how many teams you would be willing to pick for.

SoxFan1 (*)
Balta1701-B (**)
WHarris1 (*)
ZoomSlowik (*)
Rowand44 (*)
Bullseye (1)
sport1016 (1-2)
danman31 (3)
soxfan3530 (*)
b-riann (?)
DrunkBomber (1)
steve9347 (1)
dasox24 (*)
FromWayDownton (**)
bulls91 (2)
eddog2 (**)
DutheDuhon21 (*)

* - As many teams as needed
** - Not sure
SoxFan1
I'm down as usual with as many teams as needed.
Balta1701-B
I'm game. Not sure on # of teams.
WHarris1
down for however many teams
ZoomSlowik
I'm in for as many teams as necessary, and I actually check this site (no repeat of that TalkBears debacle on my part banghead.gif ).

I was going to do a mock draft article one of these days, but this requires much less effort on my part. tongue.gif
Rowand44
I'm definitely game for this. I'll take as many teams as necessary as well.
Bullseye
I'll do it.... 1 team only for me though.
sport1016
of course im in.......but only 1-2 teams...i have a job.....sometimes
danman31
I could do up to 3 teams.
TeaLeafReaderII
I'm in if I can be seatle.

With the first overall pick in the draft the seatle supersonics select:

Greg Oden.

Ok, I'm done.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 11 2007, 10:58 PM) *
I'm in if I can be seatle.

With the first overall pick in the draft the seatle supersonics select:
Greg Oden.

Ok, I'm done.

Too bad Seattle picks second. tongue.gif
soxfan3530
I'll do it. Put me down for whatever. Thanks. smile.gif
b-riann
ill do it. how about the first 14 picks, which is the lottery?
DrunkBomber
Ill pick for 1 team
Steve9347
ill take a team... bulls would be nice, but really, anyone in the top 20 or with multiple picks
dasox24
You can count me in too... As for # of teams, however many you'd need to give me.
sport1016
wouldn't it be interesting to look at last year's mock draft to see how it turned out with all the trades and stuff now that we have a year of perspective

someone (jason) want to dig through the archives and put it up?
SoxFan1
Last year's TB Mock: http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=551

Interesting.
FromWayDowntown
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 11 2007, 01:45 PM) *
Anyone interested in doing a mock draft for this year? If we get enough people we can give it a whirl...

Let me know your interest and how many teams you would be willing to pick for.

SoxFan1 (*)
Balta1701-B (**)
WHarris1 (*)
ZoomSlowik (*)
Rowand44 (*)
Bullseye (1)
sport1016 (1-2)
danman31 (3)
soxfan3530 (*)
b-riann (?)
DrunkBomber (1)
steve9347 (1)
dasox24 (*)

* - As many teams as needed
** - Not sure

I'm in!!!!!!!!
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 13 2007, 02:29 AM) *

So far I think I am winning my deal with Zoom smile.gif

The Toronto Raptors are annoucing a trade.

The Raptors are sending the #1 pick to the Atlanta Hawks for the #5 pick, Josh Childress, and Tryon Lue.

The Atlanta Hawks are now on the clock.

I got Brandon Roy with the pick.

I can't wait, this ought to be fun. Tell your friends and lets fill this thing up with as many people as possible, as soon as possible so we can get it going!
ZoomSlowik
If I knew Roy would be there at 5 I wouldn't have done it (thought for sure he'd go 3 or 4). blink.gif

Aldridge would have been a great fit with Atlanta though, still got Johnson-Smith-Williams out on the wing with Pachulia and Aldridge inside, and Jordan Farmar isn't all bad in the 2nd. Draft Conley this year and that's a hell of a core. biggrin.gif

This year should be pretty interesting, it's a MUCH deeper draft...
bulls91
i will do two teams if needed. this will be fun.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 13 2007, 01:09 PM) *
If I knew Roy would be there at 5 I wouldn't have done it (thought for sure he'd go 3 or 4). blink.gif

Aldridge would have been a great fit with Atlanta though, still got Johnson-Smith-Williams out on the wing with Pachulia and Aldridge inside, and Jordan Farmar isn't all bad in the 2nd. Draft Conley this year and that's a hell of a core. biggrin.gif

This year should be pretty interesting, it's a MUCH deeper draft...

Bargnani and Brewer would have been quite the draft for the Bulls. I still wish we had Aldridge.

Now sign up so we can get going!!!!
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 13 2007, 04:30 PM) *
Bargnani and Brewer would have been quite the draft for the Bulls. I still wish we had Aldridge.

Now sign up so we can get going!!!!

Yeah, but Tyrus and Sefolosha was quite the draft for the Bulls. wink.gif

Now, I can't fault you on the point about Aldridge. I love TT, but I'm sure I would have loved Aldridge too. I guess when looking at things now, I'd probably rather have, say, Aldridge and Noah than TT and Hawes, but hindsight is 20-20. No one at this time last year would have thought it possible to get Noah where we're picking.
sport1016
sef and brewer were regarded as the same kind of player by scouts-as in someone who could play the 1,2, or 3 pretty easily

I remember we all wanted brewer for that exact purpose, not knowing enough about sef that he had this ability as well

But brewer was horrible this year....the ONE position utah needs is a SG. They basically gave him the starting job a little ways into the season (i cant remember when exactly) but he couldnt handle it............because he can't shoot

This is the big difference between the two of them and watching the playoffs this year i kept thinking how much better utah would have been with thabo at the 2 instead of having a pg past his prime (fischer) in that spot.

Deron and Thabo would be a pretty excellent backcourt...both have 3pt range, good handle, playmaking, and both are stellar defenders

that's why we traded up from 16 to 13, bc utah(14) was gonna take thabo so we had to leapfrog them

I was so pissed when we moved up and didn't take brewer (i think we all thought that's who they were moving up to get) but I think thabo was much more effective this year and probably will continue to be
dasox24
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 13 2007, 07:55 PM) *
sef and brewer were regarded as the same kind of player by scouts-as in someone who could play the 1,2, or 3 pretty easily

I remember we all wanted brewer for that exact purpose, not knowing enough about sef that he had this ability as well

But brewer was horrible this year....the ONE position utah needs is a SG. They basically gave him the starting job a little ways into the season (i cant remember when exactly) but he couldnt handle it............because he can't shoot

This is the big difference between the two of them and watching the playoffs this year i kept thinking how much better utah would have been with thabo at the 2 instead of having a pg past his prime (fischer) in that spot.

Deron and Thabo would be a pretty excellent backcourt...both have 3pt range, good handle, playmaking, and both are stellar defenders

that's why we traded up from 16 to 13, bc utah(14) was gonna take thabo so we had to leapfrog them

I was so pissed when we moved up and didn't take brewer (i think we all thought that's who they were moving up to get) but I think thabo was much more effective this year and probably will continue to be

Nice summary. It's pretty much what I was thinking, but just didn't want to type it out, lol. Now, I don't know if Thabo would have started over Fisher (Sloan is finicky about starting rookies), but I think he would have gotten more minutes than Brewer got with the Jazz. They both averaged 12 minutes, but Thabo averaged that on a much more guard-stacked team having to compete for PT with Hinrich, Gordon, and Duhon. Brewer really only had Deron and Fisher to compete with, but still averaged only 12 min/game.
eddog2
I'm in. However, if you give me the Bulls pick some fights might start when I pick someone everyone hates.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 13 2007, 10:36 PM) *
I'm in. However, if you give me the Bulls pick some fights might start when I pick someone everyone hates.

Well we'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen. wink.gif
sport1016
no offense edwin, but don't give him the bulls unless u want to see Hinrich traded and BG as our starting pg.

I wouldnt mind atlanta or memphis.....or both

or bulls.....id probably trade for Z-Bo, bc he's exactly what we need, and who cares if he's 6'9? He's huge! He can play next to bwall, he could probably play C in the east. He's like 270lbs or something.
dasox24
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 14 2007, 12:36 AM) *
no offense edwin, but don't give him the bulls unless u want to see Hinrich traded and BG as our starting pg.

I wouldnt mind atlanta or memphis.....or both

or bulls.....id probably trade for Z-Bo, bc he's exactly what we need, and who cares if he's 6'9? He's huge! He can play next to bwall, he could probably play C in the east. He's like 270lbs or something.

Z-Bo?

As long as we're requesting teams, I'd kinda like Memphis just b/c I live there and they're kinda my 2nd team.
Steve9347
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 13 2007, 10:36 PM) *

bwahahaha...

kirk would so be gone.
DutheDoduhon21
ill do it with however many teams
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 13 2007, 09:48 PM) *
Well we'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen. wink.gif

Then give me Minnesota or Atlanta tongue.gif
ZoomSlowik
Um, shouldn't we probably get this going since the draft is in 11 days?
madisonsmadhouse
OK here is what I came up with

1.eddog-Portland
2.bulls-91-Seattle
3.madisonsmadhouse-Atlanta
4.ZoomSlowik-Memphis
5.WHarris1-Boston
6.Sport1016-Milwaukee
7.BaltaB1701-Minnesota
8.Drunkbomber-Charlotte
9.Soxfan1-Da Bulls
10.Steve9347-Sacremento
11.Dutheduhon-Atlanta
12.Rowand44-Philadelphia
13.Bullseye1-New Orleans
14.Danman31-LA Clippers
15.Soxfan3530-Detroit
16.Dasox24-Washington
17.B-riann-New Jersey
18.Fromwaydowntown-Golden State
19.Danman31-LA Lakers
20.Bulls91-Miami
21.Rowand44-Philadelphia
22.Drunkbomber-Charlotte
23.Wharris1-New York
24.Zoomslowik-Phoenix
25.Dasox24-Utah
26.Madisonsmadhouse-Houston
27.Soxfan3530-Detroit
28.Danman31-San Antonio
29.Soxfan1-Phoenix
30.Rowand44-Philadelphia

If anyone has a problem with the team they got feel free to ask to switch around before your pick is up. I made it as random as possible, so hopefully everyone is OK with that.

I will start the thread for the draft and we will get going as soon as anyone wants to pick. The rules are as simple as the draft itself. You can make any deals you like, as long as the NBA rules would allow them. We will start with the first round of the draft, and if we have time, we will go onto the second round.

Enjoy, and Portland is now on the clock!
Balta1701-B
I'm open to accept another team if anyone's wanting to dump one.
Chisoxfn
I am open to accept one team if anyone wants to dump one.
SoxFan1
One of you could have the Suns (29th) from me if you want.
eddog2
Sorry I didn't know the rules. I have PM'd Bulls91. If he accepts my trade we'll have the first pick of the draft.
Chisoxfn
Thanks SLav...I am the Suns.
sport1016
Milwaukee at #6 is open to trading down for a pick and a player--sf or pg.
eddog2
It's official. The Blazer trade the 1st pick, Zach Randolph, & Fred Jones to Seattle for the 2nd pick, Johan Petro, Chris Wilcox, Luke Ridnour, & Saer Sene.

Blazers lineup as it currently looks

Aldridge/Petro/Sene/Joel Pryzbilla
Wilcox/Lafrentz
Durant/Outlaw
Roy/Webster
Jack/Ridnour/Rodriguez

Watch out for Martell Webster this year. I really think he'll make significant strides in his 3rd season and be a very good player by his 4th year.

I'm up for any other trade offers.
madisonsmadhouse
Anyone interested in the #3 pick? ISO either a good PG and a top 10 pick, or a top notch PG...
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 19 2007, 07:33 AM) *
Anyone interested in the #3 pick? ISO either a good PG and a top 10 pick, or a top notch PG...

TRADE!

Atlanta gets SAC 1st rounder and Mike Bibby and Sacremento's second round pick

Sacramento gets ATL 1st rounder, Tyronne Lue, and Speedy Claxton.

I inherit the PG mess from ATL, but feel Speedy will bounce back, and Lue is a decent 3rd guard off the bench and in during claxton's slumps. This works contractually, and I lose Bibby's ridiculous contract and get 2 much more tradeable pieces.

plus, this allows me to move up and get the guy i want.

Looking to move Brad Miller, Tyronne Lue, Shareef Abdul-Rahim (ahem, Bulls), or Ron Artest for a mid 1st
sport1016
TRADE!

Milwaukee trades the #6 pick to Atlanta for Marvin williams and the #10
madisonsmadhouse
Steve, I edited your post to add the second round pick!
sport1016
A trade has been announced....

Milwaukee trades the #6 pick to atlanta (dutheduhon21) for marvin williams and the #10
Steve9347
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 19 2007, 02:13 PM) *
A trade has been announced....

Milwaukee trades the #6 pick to atlanta (dutheduhon21) for marvin williams and the #10

um... atlanta is "Madison Madhouse"?? although Atlanta is listed with 2 different owners in the draft board.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 19 2007, 02:14 PM) *
um... atlanta is "Madison Madhouse"?? although listed as 2 different teams in the draft board.

Crap, I screwed that one up! I totally zoned. That should be my pick as well bang.gif Ah, I screwed it up, so go ahead and let the trade go through.
Steve9347
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 19 2007, 02:22 PM) *
Crap, I screwed that one up! I totally zoned. That should be my pick as well bang.gif Ah, I screwed it up, so go ahead and let the trade go through.

that's kind of dumb though, bc you refused to deal marvin williams, and i highly doubt you deal him only to move up 4 spots in the draft... dude was a #1 pick.

i suggest giving "DutheDuhon" Houston instead...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.