Depth chart

PG: Kirk Hinrich / Chris Duhon / Andre Barrett*
SG: Ben Gordon / Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Luol Deng / Adrian Griffin / Viktor Khryapa
PF: Andres Nocioni* / Tyrus Thomas / Malik Allen*
C: Ben Wallace / P.J. Brown* / Michael Sweetney*

*Potential free agent

Could use help at: Power Forward, Center

Bottom line: Chicago is a young team that is already a legit contender in the East. The young core will continue to grow over the next few years. Still, they’re severely lacking in offensive firepower in the frontcourt. With Andres Nocioni and P.J. Brown set to hit free agency, frontcourt depth in general also becomes a major concern. The Bulls are pretty much set in the backcourt, which is why they’re looking to shop Chris Duhon this offseason. Chicago needs more help up front.

Draft outlook: The Bulls should be able to add a nice piece to their core at No. 9, hopefully adding some much-needed post scoring to their offense. Unless Joakim Noah or Al Horford drop to them - which is unlikely - the obvious choice for them would be Spencer Hawes. He has the most complete post arsenal of any player in the draft, though there are some major concerns in other areas of his game. His athleticism, defense and rebounding are not up to NBA standards, but playing alongside Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas could help mask that. Wallace would have to defend the more perimeter-oriented big men, because Hawes isn’t capable of doing that. If the Bulls buy into the doubts surrounding Hawes’ game, they could reach a bit and go for Tiago Splitter. He has a developing post game and is good defender and rebounder. Unfortunately, due to contractual issues, it doesn’t appear that Splitter will be able to come to the NBA until the 2008 season. Jason Smith and Josh McRoberts are also options for the Bulls at No. 9, but they would be reaches. In the second round, the Bulls could go in a few directions. They may add a point guard to replace the possibly departing Chris Duhon. Zabian Dowdell would be a good option if he’s on the board. They could also look at add some wing depth with someone like Reyshawn Terry. If they address the frontcourt, they could pick a project like Jermareo Davidson or draft someone to leave overseas for a year or two.
taurus515th
what i think the Bulls should do is trade that overrated #9 pick along with those 2nd rounders and other players like Khryapa and Duhon for Nick Collison and cash. To me, by the time our pick is here only one of Noah or Hawes will be there. Y take Noah when we already have Thomas? Thomas will be better than Noah and Noah will only take minutes from Thomas. On Hawes the guy is really iffy about being in the NBA do u think hes ready to be our post-player on a team that is n a win now situation and for the future, will he get nervous when we need him most. Also wuts the point in having a rookie if Skiles isnt going to play him much during his rookie season. How will this help us win more regular season games if he doesnt play much. That is y trading for Collison would be best.

My next move would be for Paxson to add another scorer off the bench like Bonzi Wells which he tried to acquire b4 the deadline.

PG-Hinrich/Gordon
SG-Gordon/Thabo/Wells
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Collison/Thomas
C-Wallace

add some others 2 fill up the roster and were done.

To me the only team I c us competing with n the semi-finals is Cleveland. To me, Cleveland shouldnt have even gotten to the finals and with the bad contracts they have I dont c much of a impacting change in their team over the offseason and for the fact that they dont have much money and want to resign players that arent doing much.

Hinrich vs Hughes
Gordon vs Pavloic
Deng vs Lebron
Collison vs Big Z
Wallace vs Varejao

Nocioni vs Gooden
Wells, Thomas, Sefolosha, Duhon vs the rest of the Cavs bench players/new players they acquire (there really isnt much in the free agency they can acquire)

Which team do u predict would win the series?
rangercal
pfff This article is useless to me. I need more Kobe talk.
Steve9347
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 20 2007, 07:49 AM) *

headbang.gif
b-riann
QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 20 2007, 07:49 AM) *

u have the best sig in the world cheers.gif
Steve9347
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jun 20 2007, 01:42 PM) *
u have the best sig in the world cheers.gif

yeah, AJ, great use of text!
b-riann
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 20 2007, 02:16 PM) *

huh?
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jun 19 2007, 08:35 PM) *
what i think the Bulls should do is trade that overrated #9 pick along with those 2nd rounders and other players like Khryapa and Duhon for Nick Collison and cash. To me, by the time our pick is here only one of Noah or Hawes will be there. Y take Noah when we already have Thomas? Thomas will be better than Noah and Noah will only take minutes from Thomas. On Hawes the guy is really iffy about being in the NBA do u think hes ready to be our post-player on a team that is n a win now situation and for the future, will he get nervous when we need him most. Also wuts the point in having a rookie if Skiles isnt going to play him much during his rookie season. How will this help us win more regular season games if he doesnt play much. That is y trading for Collison would be best.

My next move would be for Paxson to add another scorer off the bench like Bonzi Wells which he tried to acquire b4 the deadline.

PG-Hinrich/Gordon
SG-Gordon/Thabo/Wells
SF-Deng/Nocioni/Griffin
PF-Collison/Thomas
C-Wallace

add some others 2 fill up the roster and were done.

To me the only team I c us competing with n the semi-finals is Cleveland. To me, Cleveland shouldnt have even gotten to the finals and with the bad contracts they have I dont c much of a impacting change in their team over the offseason and for the fact that they dont have much money and want to resign players that arent doing much.

Hinrich vs Hughes
Gordon vs Pavloic
Deng vs Lebron
Collison vs Big Z
Wallace vs Varejao

Nocioni vs Gooden
Wells, Thomas, Sefolosha, Duhon vs the rest of the Cavs bench players/new players they acquire (there really isnt much in the free agency they can acquire)

Which team do u predict would win the series?

Skiles doesn't necessarily hate rookies in general, he just didn't feel that Tyrus or Sefolosha were ready. Hinrich, Deng, and Gordon all got over 24 minutes per game as rookies. In terms of the stage of development he's at as a player, Hawes and Noah are closer to the latter group than the former (note: I am NOT suggesting that they will definitely be a better player than TT/TS or that they will necessarily be as good as the others).

I don't really see why we'd want Collison that bad, with 3 full years in the league he only has career averages of 7.6 points and 6.1 rebounds with mediocre defense, and that's on a team even more desperate for size than we are. He was decent last year, but he probably wouldn't get 29 minutes per game for us, not with Wallace at center and Tyrus likely getting more minutes. Noah and Hawes can both put up those kind of numbers with that much playing time, and they're younger, farther away from a pay day, both have higher ceilings (Hawes has a similar profile to Collison, only is bigger and has more scoring touch), and we wouldn't have to give up anything extra. Plus there's a chance that Yi Jian Lian will be there (who seems to be slipping in the mock drafts), who is CONSIDERABLY more gifted than Collison.

Now if we want to add Collison for the pieces BESIDES the pick (or possibly including Noc, though I'd lean more towards straight up on that since Noc has shown more) that's one thing, but that's an awful lot to give up for a rather mediocre big man (given our other options last year though mediocre would be an upgrade), and realistically we need both bodies up front.
rangercal
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 20 2007, 07:16 PM) *

Gets the job done biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.