Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TALK BULLS MOCK DRAFT THREAD!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
madisonsmadhouse
TalkBulls Mock Draft
Round Pick Poster Team Player Position School
1 1 bulls91 Portland (Traded To Seattle) Greg Oden C Ohio State
1 2 eddog2 Seattle (Traded To Portland) Kevin Durant SF Texas
1 3 Steve9347 Atlanta (Traded To Sacramento) Al Horford PF Florida
1 4 ZoomSlowik Memphis Mike Conley Jr. PG Ohio State
1 5 WHarris1 Boston Yi Jianlian PF China
1 6 madisonsmadhouse Milwaukee (Traded to Atlanta) Brendan Wright PF North Carolina
1 7 bulls91 Minnesota (Traded to Seattle) Corey Brewer SF Florida
1 8 DrunkBomber Charlotte Jeff Green SF Georgetown
1 9 SoxFan1 Chicago Spencer Hawes C Washington
1 10 madisonsmadhouse Sacramento (Traded To Atlanta) Acie Law PG Texas A&M
1 11 sport1016 Atlanta (Traded to Milwaukee) Javaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
1 12 Rowand44 Philadelphia Julian Wright SF Kansas
1 13 Bullseye New Orleans Nick Young SG Souther California
1 14 Danman31 LA Clippers Al Thornton SF Florida State
1 15 Soxfan3530 Detroit Joakim Noah PF Florida
1 16 DaSox24 Washington Derrick Byars SG Vanderbilt
1 17 B-riann New Jersey Josh McRoberts PF Duke
1 18 FromWayDownton Golden State Jason Smith C Colorado State
1 19 SoxFan1 LA Lakers (Traded to Pistons) Thaddeus Young SF Georgia Tech
1 20 Bulls91 Miami Rodney Stuckey SG Eastern Washington
1 21 Rowand44 Philadelphia Tiago Splitter PF Brazil
1 22 DrunkBomber Charlotte Daequan Cook SG Ohio State
1 23 WHarris1 New York Wilson Chandler SF DePaul
1 24 ZoomSlowik Phoenix - - -
1 25 DaSox24 Utah - - -
1 26 DutheDuhon21 Houston - - -
1 27 Soxfan3530 Detroit - - -
1 28 Danman31 San Antonio - - -
1 29 ChiSoxfn Phoenix - - -
1 30 Rowand44 Philadelphia - - -
Portland and Eddog are now on the clock with the #1 pick in the 2007 NBA DRAFT...
eddog2
It's only fitting that the most controversial poster on Talkbulls and the biggest Durant fan would get the first overall pick for the Portland Trailblazers. With that said, I'm not letting the Blazers pass on MJ for the second time. No Sam Bowie this year. The Blazers trade the first overal pick for Kirk Hinrich.

Just kidding. The Blazers with the 1st pick (really the 2nd when you read my trade) select Kevin Durant.

Kevin Durant! Kevin Durant is my selection if Bulls91 agrees to this trade.

As for the details. The teams trade players with Portland trading the untradeable

The 1st overall pick
Zach Randolph
&
Fred Jones

for

The 2nd pick
Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour
Johan Petro
Saer Sene

That leaves Portland with a lineup of:

Aldridge/Sene/Przybilla
Wilcox/Lafrentz
Durant/Outlaw
Roy/Webster
Jack/Ridnour

& Seattle with a lineup of:

Oden/Swift/Petro
Randolph/Collison
Lewis (who they will try desperately to re-sign)
Allen/Wilkens/Jones
Watson

Either way, both lineups look very scary for years to come.
bulls91
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 18 2007, 08:16 PM) *
It's only fitting that the most controversial poster on Talkbulls and the biggest Durant fan would get the first overall pick for the Portland Trailblazers. With that said, I'm not letting the Blazers pass on MJ for the second time. No Sam Bowie this year. The Blazers trade the first overal pick for Kirk Hinrich.

Just kidding. The Blazers with the 1st pick (really the 2nd when you read my trade) select Kevin Durant.
Kevin Durant! Kevin Durant is my selection if Bulls91 agrees to this trade.

As for the details. The teams trade players with Portland trading the untradeable

The 1st overall pick
Zach Randolph
&
Fred Jones

for

The 2nd pick
Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour
Johan Petro
Saer Sene

That leaves Portland with a lineup of:

Aldridge/Sene/Przybilla
Wilcox/Lafrentz
Durant/Outlaw
Roy/Webster
Jack/Ridnour

& Seattle with a lineup of:

Oden/Swift/Petro
Randolph/Collison
Lewis (who they will try desperately to re-sign)
Allen/Wilkens/Jones
Watson

Either way, both lineups look very scary for years to come.

Done deal this makes both teams better for years to come. Greg Oden is the next big thing in the NBA.

With the second pick in the draft the sonics pick Kevin Durant which is then traded along with Luke Ridnour, Chris Wilcox, Johan Petro, and Saer Sene for Zach Randolph, Fred Jones, and greg oden.

madisonsmadhouse is now on the clock the Alanta Hawks are now able to pick
Balta1701-B
Wow.
SoxFan1
Sure it would never happen, but what the hell? Atlanta is on the clock...
Steve9347
With the 3rd pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select PF Al Horford, Florida.

The Kings lacked a long-term option at PF, and picking at 10 it didn't seem one we liked would be present. After the big-2, we feel that Horford is the clear "next best."

Memphis is on the clock.
Balta1701-B
So what was the actual deal for the #3?
ZoomSlowik
With the 4th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Mike Conley Jr., PG Ohio State

Under my guidance the Grizzlies will keep Gasol, giving them a pretty solid, young frontcourt of Gay, Warrick, and Gasol. We're also okay for now with Mike Miller at SG and Tarence Kinsey as a developmental prospect.

PG is a sore-spot though. Chucky Atkins is serviceable, but Damon Stoudamire is on his last legs and I'm not totally sold on Kyle Lowry. Conley gives us a potential difference maker at the spot that could be the next Tony Parker, and with Atkins still around he doesn't have to carry 100% of the load from day one.

I considered taking Brandan Wright, Yi Jian Lian, and Corey Brewer, but the first two would further crowd a frontcourt that already has 3 capable young players (and they need to bulk up a bit), and though Brewer is solid I don't really need the instant production with Miller and Gay on the wings.

Boston (WHarris) is on the clock...
Steve9347
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 19 2007, 03:00 PM) *
So what was the actual deal for the #3?

It's in the other thread, but i dealt Bibby, the #10, and SAC 2nd rounder for Lue, Claxton, and the #3 (Horford)
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 19 2007, 03:25 PM) *
With the 4th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Mike Conley Jr., PG Ohio State

Under my guidance the Grizzlies will keep Gasol, giving them a pretty solid, young frontcourt of Gay, Warrick, and Gasol. We're also okay for now with Mike Miller at SG and Tarence Kinsey as a developmental prospect.

PG is a sore-spot though. Chucky Atkins is serviceable, but Damon Stoudamire is on his last legs and I'm not totally sold on Kyle Lowry. Conley gives us a potential difference maker at the spot that could be the next Tony Parker, and with Atkins still around he doesn't have to carry 100% of the load from day one.

I considered taking Brandan Wright, Yi Jian Lian, and Corey Brewer, but the first two would further crowd a frontcourt that already has 3 capable young players (and they need to bulk up a bit), and though Brewer is solid I don't really need the instant production with Miller and Gay on the wings.

Boston (WHarris) is on the clock...

Great pick. If Memphis can't get Horford, who they absolutely love, Conley is a perfect pick.
PG- Conley
SG- Miller
SF- Gay
PF- Warrick
C- Gasol
WHarris1
With the 5th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Yi Jianlian, PF/C, China...

After getting the shaft in the lottery we took a gamble on the biggest boom/bust pick in this year's lottery. We really like the looks of our future front court tandem with Al Jefferson and Yi.

Atlanta is on the clock.
Steve9347
QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 20 2007, 09:03 AM) *
With the 5th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Yi Jianlian, PF/C, China...

After getting the shaft in the lottery we took a gamble on the biggest boom/bust pick in this year's lottery. We really like the looks of our future front court tandem with Al Jefferson and Yi.

Atlanta is on the clock.

I like it... with Jefferson, Pierce, Rondo, you've got a lot of pieces, if Jianlian can develop... you've got something there when Pierce is on his last legs.
madisonsmadhouse
With the 6th pick in the 2007 NBA draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Brandan Wright PF UNC

Damn you Willie, I wanted Yi!!!
sport1016
7 minny.........ur up
bulls91
I think that you meant that i was picking not eddog so...

With the seventh pick in the NBA draft the Seattle supersonics select Corey Brewer from the University of Florida

This came from a trade that i think that Balta1701-B approved and said it was good. It involved me trading Ray Allen for Ricky Davis, mark Blount and the #7 pick

With this pick when you are trying to rebuild a franchise it is important to start off young and let them progress that is what the bulls did and see where they are and how much better you can get. with this team now having 2 maybe more collage players that Have come from a very good program and have both been in the national spotlight with the championship teams (Ohio State and Florida) that usually means that there is more success to come. they also have very good attutudes that can play with there teammates, play hard defence, and also be able to play offense is an extra plus this will be there so called core of the team for years to come. It will also be a great backup to Rashard lewis for the mean while and will be able to start next year because he will not re-sign with the sonics.
Balta1701-B
And IMO, the T-Wolves give KG one last shot at actually having a partner before he has the option to opt out of his contract. The T-Wolves lineup next year goes something along the lines of:

KG, Juwan Howard, Trenton Hassel, Randy Foye, and Ray Allen. The T-Wolves lose a little bit in depth, but that could be potentially dealt with by using the MLE on someone like Williamson or even McDyess if he's available at that level. And KG gets a backcourt with 1 all star and one potentially very good point guard to compliment him, along with some additional experience. It's a gamble, giving up the depth, but if this is my last shot at keeping KG, let's roll the dice.
DrunkBomber
With the eight pick the Charlotte Bobcats select: Jeff Green (Georgetown) 6-9, 235, F, Junior
SoxFan1
With the 9th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select Spencer Hawes, PF/C, out of Washington.

The Atlanta Hawks are now on the clock...

With the 10th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Acie Law, PG, out of Texas A&M.
sport1016
with the 11th pick in the 2007 nba draft the milwaukee bucks select

Javaris Crittendon, PG, Georgia Tech

Insurance policy in case mo williams leaves, but more likely able to back up both guard spots assuming Mo is resigned. "We will make every attempt to resign Mo. Javaris doesn't change that." Milwaukee's GM was quoted as saying immediately after making the pick. "This is Michael Redd's team, but now we've have some athletic players who can play off of him. But this is Michael Redd's team." GM Sport1016 was overheard saying.

"He was saying something about it being Michael Redd's team, I think" chirped newest roster member Marvin Williams when learning of the draft day trade. "Has anyone seen my 3pt shot?" he continued.

Mo Williams/Crittendon/Bell
Redd/Simmons/Bell/crittendon
Marvin WIlliams/Simmons/patterson
VIllanueva/skinner
Bogut/gadzuric

Bucks are poised to return to the playoffs
Rowand44
With the 12th pick of the draft, the 76ers select Julian Wright.
eddog2
I think that pick should be given to someone else. How long is it going to take for him to make up his mind?
bulls91
QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:56 PM) *
I think that pick should be given to someone else. How long is it going to take for him to make up his mind?

I agree it has been still for the last couple of days now (sence the 21st) give the team to someone else that wants another one or did not get to pick one for a reason or another.
SoxFan1
With the 13th pick of the 2007 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Hornets select Nick Young, SG, out of USC.

The Clippers are on the clock...
danman31
With the 14th pick the Los Angeles Clippers select Al Thornton, small forward, out of Florida State.
SoxFan1
With the 15th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Joakim Noah, PF, out of Florida.

The Wizards are on the clock...
dasox24
With the 16th pick of the 2007 NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select Derrick Byars, SG, out of Vanderbilt.
b-riann
With the 17th pick in the 2007 nba draft, the New Jersey Nets select...Josh McRoberts, f/c, Duke.
dasox24
Well, at this rate, the real draft will be over before we get done with the 1st round. Why do these group mock drafts rarely work? I don't get why people sign up and then forget about it. This is in no means a shot at anyone in particular, and I understand certain things could have come up in the last week. It has just been my experience that these group mock drafts always take forever b/c people don't ever make their pick.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
With the 18th pick in the 2007 NBA draft the Golden State Warriors select, Jason Smith, PF Colorado St.

The Lakers are now on the clock....
danman31
We have a trade to announce...

The Los Angeles Lakers send the 19th pick in the draft, Ronny Turiaf, and Vladimir Radmanovich to Detroit for the draft rights to Joakim Noah and Nazr Mohammed.

The Pistons then select Thaddeus Young, SF, Georgia Tech.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 26 2007, 09:47 PM) *
Well, at this rate, the real draft will be over before we get done with the 1st round. Why do these group mock drafts rarely work? I don't get why people sign up and then forget about it. This is in no means a shot at anyone in particular, and I understand certain things could have come up in the last week. It has just been my experience that these group mock drafts always take forever b/c people don't ever make their pick.

To be fair we started it kind of late, we only gave it like 10 days when we probably should have given it a month. Unless we get everyone into a chatroom at the same there's going to be some delay between picks, even if you check every day it can be 8 hours between picks, the timing is just tough.
dasox24
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 27 2007, 09:52 AM) *
To be fair we started it kind of late, we only gave it like 10 days when we probably should have given it a month. Unless we get everyone into a chatroom at the same there's going to be some delay between picks, even if you check every day it can be 8 hours between picks, the timing is just tough.

True true... But, it's not just us. It's almost every group mock draft I've seen done. They always seem so exciting at first, but by the time the real draft approaches, everyone has kinda lost that zeal b/c it takes so long.
bulls91
With the 20th pick in the Draft the Miami Heat draft Rodney Stuckey out of Eastern Washington University.
He will back up D Wade for a little while until he is fully back to health and then will be the back up.
Rowand44
With the 21st pick, the Sixers select Tiago Splitter.
sport1016
If we finish the mock before the real draft starts I will spiff my pants (in a good way)

and FWIW philly needed post offense, not post defense
DrunkBomber
With whatever pick this is the Bobcats select: Daequan Cook 6-5 210 SG Ohio St.
WHarris1
Since it's basically decided...and I'm in a freaking hurry...

The New York Knicks select Wilson Chandler, Depaul.
danman31
Could it be noticed that Noah was traded to the Lakers please?
ZoomSlowik
What the hell...

With the 24th pick in the 2007 draft, the Phoenix Suns select Sean Williams, PF/C, Boston College.
dasox24
With the 25th pick in the 2007 draft, the Utah Jazz select Derrick Byars, SG, Vanderbilt

EDIT: Or not, but at least I knew they'd take a SG.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:05 PM) *
With the 25th pick in the 2007 draft, the Utah Jazz select Derrick Byars, SG, Vanderbilt

EDIT: Or not, but at least I knew they'd take a SG.

Even though he was already picked?
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Even though he was already picked?

What? I posted that like 15 seconds before the pick was made. lol
SoxFan1
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:16 PM) *
What? I posted that like 15 seconds before the pick was made. lol

Look at the big board for this mock draft.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Look at the big board for this mock draft.

hahaha, oh I understand now... Actually, I was the guy who picked him the 1st time for the Wizards ph34r.gif chair.gif

I guess it was more of a prediction of what I thought they'd do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.