TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
urlacher1285
Ben Gordon
Noce
TYrus Thomas
This years first rounder (They love Yi)
P.J. Brown/Michael Sweetney

Your thoughts?

Kirk Hinirich and Luol are untouchable. Paxson knows this.
Steve9347
im fine with it. but it wont happen.
Balta1701-B
I'd still note that this leaves us with simply no one at all at power forward. Not a single soul.
SoxFan1
Reports are that the Bulls preliminary offer is:

Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, Michael Sweetney, the 9th pick, and a future 1st rounder.
sport1016
It's really a matter of how much influence kobe has on where he goes

If the bulls were giving up too much in the trade and kobe didnt feel they were still competitive he could blcok it and make them take a worse offer

If Boston does pull off the KG deal rumored and give up #5, jefferson, and green, that sets the bar pretty high for a kobe deal

SHaq and Iverson lowered the bar but this deal will send it sky high

The best deal i have heard so far is BG, Wallace, and #9
Steve9347
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Reports are that the Bulls preliminary offer is:

Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, Michael Sweetney, the 9th pick, and a future 1st rounder.

three things.

1) where did you read these "reports"

2) the Lakers would be nuts not to accept that

3) if they did accept it, we'd never know about it until July 15th.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 21 2007, 01:42 PM) *
three things.

1) where did you read these "reports"

3) if they did accept it, we'd never know about it until July 15th.

One of the taking heads on ESPN reported it.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 21 2007, 12:55 PM) *
It's really a matter of how much influence kobe has on where he goes

If the bulls were giving up too much in the trade and kobe didnt feel they were still competitive he could blcok it and make them take a worse offer

If Boston does pull off the KG deal rumored and give up #5, jefferson, and green, that sets the bar pretty high for a kobe deal

SHaq and Iverson lowered the bar but this deal will send it sky high

The best deal i have heard so far is BG, Wallace, and #9

I would hope that Ainge's idiocy wouldn't affect our sitaution too much, he's proven that he's awful with trades. That's a ton to give up for Garnett (especially since he could opt out after next year if they tank), and really destroys a lot of the young core that he built. Hell, in another year or two Jefferson could give you roughly the same production as Garnett, he gave you roughly 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks last year at the age of 22. blink.gif

One thing working in his favor though is that McHale is about as inept, and may not realize how incredibly good that offer is and either pass or wait until it comes off the table...
Steve9347
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21 2007, 01:45 PM) *
One of the taking heads on ESPN reported it.

Sounds like talking bullshit. Those idiots always report bullshit.
TeaLeafReaderII
Garnette said Boston can suck on a lemon, he isn't going to that crap palace.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 21 2007, 05:35 PM) *
Garnette said Boston can suck on a lemon, he isn't going to that crap palace.

Just saw that too. Must be talking bullshit.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 21 2007, 11:42 AM) *

I dunno, I'd think that the Lakers wouldn't be too thrilled about that package. I'd be pretty darn happy if the Bulls could pull this off without having to give up TT, Deng, Wallace, or Hinrich, because that's one Heck of a starting 5 next year, and if somehow the Bulls could sign PJ brown at the same time for a little more depth at PF, and hell sign Fizer while we're at it, we'd be absolutely loaded.

I really don't like the idea of having to give up both TT and the draft pick at once, because then we're left with Ben Wallace as the only big man we have.
sport1016
i would rather give up wallace than TT---maybe next year you'd still rather have wallace, but after that, i dont think so. TT is a 1/4 of the price too for another 3 years.

Any deal surrounding Wallace is good. Not that I wouldnt want to have him next year for a deep playoff run, but I think giving him and BG up and you DEFINATELY wont see deng or Kirk in the deal and then probably either TT or the #9.

The lakers have to want to get this deal done by the draft, or they wont get any picks in the best draft since '03. And then dont want to end up with #30 in '08 and '10. They do not want to miss out on this draft. If I were the lakers i would be ripping out Mchale's phone wires so i could deal with the celtics.

Give the celts kobe and force them to take on a bad contract and get back Pierce, Gerald Green, and the #5.

You wont find a better deal. And ainge would probably do that, bc he's a doofus anxious to make a move.

Dont know if kobe would want to run with big al and sczerbiak or if he sees him as another bynum.
GreatScott82
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 21 2007, 08:39 PM) *
i would rather give up wallace than TT---maybe next year you'd still rather have wallace, but after that, i dont think so. TT is a 1/4 of the price too for another 3 years.

Any deal surrounding Wallace is good. Not that I wouldnt want to have him next year for a deep playoff run, but I think giving him and BG up and you DEFINATELY wont see deng or Kirk in the deal and then probably either TT or the #9.

The lakers have to want to get this deal done by the draft, or they wont get any picks in the best draft since '03. And then dont want to end up with #30 in '08 and '10. They do not want to miss out on this draft. If I were the lakers i would be ripping out Mchale's phone wires so i could deal with the celtics.

Give the celts kobe and force them to take on a bad contract and get back Pierce, Gerald Green, and the #5.

You wont find a better deal. And ainge would probably do that, bc he's a doofus anxious to make a move.

Dont know if kobe would want to run with big al and sczerbiak or if he sees him as another bynum.

Kobe wants to go to a team that can be an instant contender. Like KG, he will not want to play for Boston, that team is a mess right now.
urlacher1285
Well AI and Shaq didn't go for much and the Lakers may have no choice with Kobe going out in public saying he wants a trade.

Plus that 24 second video of him ripping on a teammate doesn't build cohesion in the locker room.

They may get impatient and get rid of him for something not that much.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (urlacher1285 @ Jun 22 2007, 12:17 AM) *
Well AI and Shaq didn't go for much and the Lakers may have no choice with Kobe going out in public saying he wants a trade.

Plus that 24 second video of him ripping on a teammate doesn't build cohesion in the locker room.

They may get impatient and get rid of him for something not that much.

Kobe sells tickets as long as he is playing.

Until the Lakers are convinced that Kobe will sit out games, they won't move him. If the Lakers are convinced he's done playing for them, then they'll take the best package available.
scs787
the latest i heard in the kobe trade is simply

Gordon
TT
1st round pick
future 1st round pick

I personally think any thing we can do that will keep deng and wallace on this team we do. i can see a make of kobe deng and wallace as a jordan pippen and rodman clone. I also think we can do with out Krich if we get kobe for the mere that fact that hinrich tho being a good passer is more of a shooter, i think having duhon who i see as a much better passer would be better with a shooter like kobe on your team. so what im looking at here is possible unloading krich for a decent big.
TeaLeafReaderII
QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 23 2007, 07:29 PM) *
the latest i heard in the kobe trade is simply

Gordon
TT
1st round pick
future 1st round pick
I personally think any thing we can do that will keep deng and wallace on this team we do. i can see a make of kobe deng and wallace as a jordan pippen and rodman clone. I also think we can do with out Krich if we get kobe for the mere that fact that hinrich tho being a good passer is more of a shooter, i think having duhon who i see as a much better passer would be better with a shooter like kobe on your team. so what im looking at here is possible unloading krich for a decent big.

money doesn't work
Chicago Bulls Franchise
What are the Lakers going to do with Tyrus Thomas?

Anyways, I feel like the more LA waits to make a trade, the more Kobe gets upset. Maybe if he puts enough pressure on them It might turn out like that Allen Iverson trades that was totally one sided.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.