Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: News on the draft
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
ldf
now that the nhl draft is done and gone..... any juicy rumors for the bulls.... its 4 days left and i am wondering if anything is in the mix.
SoxFan1
Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudemire, Zack Randolph, Spencer Hawes, Yi Jianlian, Joakim Noah...take your pick.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
And in some way or another they have all been rumored to go to the Bulls
sport1016
dont forget jason smith josh mcroberts and mike conley
ChicagoBullsMadison
KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
heirdog
QUOTE (ldf @ Jun 24 2007, 05:49 PM) *
now that the nhl draft is done and gone..... any juicy rumors for the bulls.... its 4 days left and i am wondering if anything is in the mix.

Wow. I can now say I know 1 of the 4 people in the country that actually care about the NHL draft.
ldf
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 25 2007, 12:52 PM) *
Wow. I can now say I know 1 of the 4 people in the country that actually care about the NHL draft.

LOL!!!!

i am laughing at all the responses....good show.

yeah. i live and die sox, hawks, bears and bull in that order....

you should come and see some of the posts and responses to this past week on the hawks talk ...
Iguana
the NHL had a draft? must have missed it
Steve9347
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 25 2007, 12:52 PM) *

now you've met 2...

feel free to come check out talkbhawks, good discussions going on over there...
soxfan3530
QUOTE (Iguana @ Jun 25 2007, 03:00 PM) *
the NHL had a draft? must have missed it

yeah didn't the bhawks have the top pick? i saw the kid on the comcast. he seriously looked like he was 12 years old!
soxfan3530
I just heard of a rumored deal on the radio and in ESPN insider in the works that would pretty much end all the bulls trade talk for the most part. The deal has KG going to the Lakers, Bynum and Odom to the Pacers and Jermaine O'Neal going to the T-Wolves. They said other players would be involved to match salaries and possibly even a fourth team. WIth KG, Kobe would back down on his trade demand and we lose are two primary targets.
I guess that still leaves Randolph, Gasol, Allent etc. etc. This off-season has been so many rumors and talks who knows what is going to happen.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
^^ Ya and with just Kobe and KG left on the team they wouldn't be that much better. There giving up Bynum and Odom along with their picks and probably a few more fillers. Thats giving away all your young talent for a guy 31 years old.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2007, 03:14 PM) *
^^ Ya and with just Kobe and KG left on the team they wouldn't be that much better. There giving up Bynum and Odom along with their picks and probably a few more fillers. Thats giving away all your young talent for a guy 31 years old.

Realistically they're sacrificing Bynum to upgrade from Odom to Garnett, that's a pretty solid move. Any other parts wouldn't mean a whole lot, if they did the Lakers wouldn't need to make a move like that. Bynum is still a project, and with Garnett on the team they've got a chance. Garnett is MUCH better than Odom, that makes a huge difference.
ChicagoBullsMadison
kobe is done with l.a , even if they try kobe is sick of buss
Chicago Bulls Franchise
IMO, I think this is all just speculation. Someone on the Lakers organization is just trying to take the pressure off from the Kobe Ordeal and act like they're trying to do something to save the franchise.

When this is all said and done Kobe will either be a Bull or he will be one unhappy camper on a suffering Los Angeles team. Then if they continue to get 1st or 2nd round exits, he will opt out after 2 more years.
ldf
i would hate to get kobe or randolf...... i believe it would be going backward.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ldf @ Jun 25 2007, 08:36 PM) *
i would hate to get kobe or randolf...... i believe it would be going backward.

Thats all depending on the package we deal for either of them. If it's Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, Sweetney, #9, and a future 1st (that was the preliminary offer) then you do it. You don't give up anyone of the core and you're getting the best player in the NBA.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 09:27 PM) *
Thats all depending on the package we deal for either of them. If it's Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, Sweetney, #9, and a future 1st (that was the preliminary offer) then you do it. You don't give up anyone of the core and you're getting the best player in the NBA.

If it comes to the point of denial (For the Lakers) then that will be a great trade. Too bad were not there yet, they still believe they can win and win now. Once they realize THEY CAN'T they'll demand less.
heirdog
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:08 PM) *
now you've met 2...

feel free to come check out talkbhawks, good discussions going on over there...

I just went over there and saw some of the discussion. You guys know your stuff over there...lots of good discussion on the outlook for the 2007-08 team but unfortunately, I recognized no names. I guess Daze is no longer on the Hawks. I used to watch a little bit in the mid to late 90s but that was because I played Sega Hockey and I knew all the players. Good luck to the Blackhawks next season.

Regarding the Bulls, Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald reported that the Bulls pick will come down to Hawes and Noah if they are still on the board. He says Yi is interesting but from Pax's comments about how Yi's workout was structured only to showcase his strengths, sounds like Pax didn't see everything he wanted (or maybe its a smoke screen). The dark horse is still Jason Smith in a trade down scenario.
soxfan3530
From Yahoo! Sports:

MORE PREDRAFT CHATTER

• The Chicago Bulls are bringing 7-footer Spencer Hawes back to Chicago on Tuesday for a second visit, two league sources said, inspiring belief that they're committed to taking him with the ninth pick. Hawes is a back-to-the-basket center with offensive skills who complements the Bulls' vast perimeter talent. Still, it will be hard to pass up Noah if he's still available at No. 9 for Chicago. "That kid was born to play for Skiles," one Eastern Conference executive said.
72-10
does anyone else dislike Noah? I really don't like him. I think he would be tricky to "cast" so to speak. And probably not help us much in our situation.
Steve9347
QUOTE (72-10 @ Jun 26 2007, 09:45 AM) *
does anyone else dislike Noah? I really don't like him. I think he would be tricky to "cast" so to speak. And probably not help us much in our situation.

Noah makes me want to vomit in my mouth, a little bit.
sport1016
we need to pick up two bigs this offseason

1 that is a low post scorer

1 that is a backup 4/5

Drafting Noah doesnt help us with the first one, but like an anderson varejao he can be the backup 4/5 right away, though he'll be a little weak at C early on.

We need to aquire AT LEAST two bigs this offseason. Whether we get the backup 4/5 or the post scorer in the draft will depend on whos there at 9 and who paxson thinks he can target with FA and trades
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 26 2007, 07:32 AM) *
From Yahoo! Sports:
MORE PREDRAFT CHATTER

• The Chicago Bulls are bringing 7-footer Spencer Hawes back to Chicago on Tuesday for a second visit, two league sources said, inspiring belief that they're committed to taking him with the ninth pick. Hawes is a back-to-the-basket center with offensive skills who complements the Bulls' vast perimeter talent. Still, it will be hard to pass up Noah if he's still available at No. 9 for Chicago. "That kid was born to play for Skiles," one Eastern Conference executive said.

If he lasts, I think that's excellent news.
soxfan3530
Please God don't let it be Noah!!!!!!
dasox24
I really don't want Noah at all. I'd rather even trade down and get Jason Smith. However, if Pax feels he's the best option, then I'll trust his instinct b/c when it comes down to it, Pax has done a hell of a job drafting and why should we believe he'll mess it up this time? I think he's earned the right to be trusted.
SoxFan1
I think one of my ideal scenarios would be drafting Hawes and trading Duhon+whatever for Gooden. That would really solidify our front court.
Steve9347
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2007, 01:59 PM) *
I think one of my ideal scenarios would be drafting Hawes and trading Duhon+whatever for Gooden. That would really solidify our front court.

itd be gorgeous
DutheDoduhon21
i read somewhere that hawes was going to return to the berto center today for the bulls but i cant remember where i read it, but thats interesting maybe they are going to make him some kind of promise.
dasox24
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2007, 01:59 PM) *

No doubt that would be awesome. Wallace, TT, Gooden, and Hawes = No more frontcourt problems
b-riann
noah in my mind is a little overrated. obviously, he had 2 titles at florida, but he only averaged 12 points and 10 rebounds. sure, thats a double double, but if thats the most u can do in college, i dont know if it will work out in the nba for him. i want hawes
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (b-riann @ Jun 26 2007, 02:37 PM) *
noah in my mind is a little overrated. obviously, he had 2 titles at florida, but he only averaged 12 points and 10 rebounds. sure, thats a double double, but if thats the most u can do in college, i dont know if it will work out in the nba for him. i want hawes

Put him on a weaker team that doesn't have two other lottery picks and another possible 1st rounder (plus a solid backup in Richards that'd start a lot of other places) and his totals would go up a fair amount. It's not just the shot attempts either, he'd almost certainly play more than 25-26 minutes on other teams. Even on a loaded UNC team Hansbrough got an extra 4 minutes per game...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.