Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bulls interested in Ray Allen?
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
soxfan3530
Saw this on yahoo! sports. Looks to be mostly speculation. Don't really want. He is a great player but personally i think he is at the end of his career and is similar to ben gordon. what do you guys think?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/teams/C...o+Bulls/nba.t.4
SoxFan1
He is a bit older, but he is far more consistent than Gordon. He's 33, but he is an elite player and he plays a bit better defense then Gordon. If it was cheaper, I'd much rather have Allen at the right cost than Kobe at a really high price. He gives us a bit more size in the backcourt, and one of the best and consistent shooters in the game.

Gordon/#9 for Allen >>>> Gordon/Noc/Tyrus/#9/Future 1st for Kobe
Steve9347
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM) *
He is a bit older, but he is far more consistent than Gordon. He's 33, but he is an elite player and he plays a bit better defense then Gordon. If it was cheaper, I'd much rather have Allen at the right cost than Kobe at a really high price. He gives us a bit more size in the backcourt, and one of the best and consistent shooters in the game.

Gordon/#9 for Allen >>>> Gordon/Noc/Tyrus/#9/Future 1st for Kobe

couldn't agree with your post more
SoxFan1
Someone also mentioned they could turn it into a bigger deal by adding Collison or Wilcox.

Gordon, Nocioni, and the #9 for Allen and Collison/Wilcox would be quite the trade for us. Maybe they'd rather have Brown with the sign/trade for a 1 year deal. It's a veteran and they free up money for after this coming season.

Wallace
Collison/Wilcox
Deng
Allen
Hinrich

That a team that makes it to the Finals in the East.
Steve9347
oh wow... collison/wilcox...
Chicago Bulls Franchise
That is pretty interesting. Having Wilcox would give us a big man that could score 12-14 ppg which is what we need. Allen would obviously be the big scorer, around 25 ppg. Deng and he would make things happen.
ZoomSlowik
Allen is actually only 31, but yeah, he's a bit older...

He's one of the deadliest shooters in the league. The shooting percentage is a little lower than I'd like, but part of that is also probably a factor of him basically carrying the Sonics on his back a lot of the time. He's definitely a major asset that would be deadly when combined with Deng and Hinrich outside, and gives us a bigger 2-guard. The age is an issue though, and does he really give us anything that different than Gordon on offense?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25 2007, 04:14 PM) *
Allen is actually only 31, but yeah, he's a bit older...

He's one of the deadliest shooters in the league. The shooting percentage is a little lower than I'd like, but part of that is also probably a factor of him basically carrying the Sonics on his back a lot of the time. He's definitely a major asset that would be deadly when combined with Deng and Hinrich outside, and gives us a bigger 2-guard. The age is an issue though, and does he really give us anything that different than Gordon on offense?

One of the most consistent shooters in the last 20 years? And Bulls fans might be pissed, but Allen is far more clutch than Rally Gordon.
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:22 PM) *
One of the most consistent shooters in the last 20 years? And Bulls fans might be pissed, but Allen is far more clutch than Rally Gordon.

On that we'll all agree, although hopefully someday Gordon improves in that regard. Someday being this year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but if Hawes does fall to us, I still really like the makeup of our team as-is next year, as long as we add at least 1 more big man somewhere.

But wait, didn't Ray Allen already move to Minnesota?
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 25 2007, 04:31 PM) *
On that we'll all agree, although hopefully someday Gordon improves in that regard. Someday being this year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but if Hawes does fall to us, I still really like the makeup of our team as-is next year, as long as we add at least 1 more big man somewhere.

But wait, didn't Ray Allen already move to Minnesota?

Hawes seems to be the un-popular pick here, but again, I agree with you 100%. If we don't make any major trades, I am content with drafting Hawes and trading for Gooden, or signing Milicic or Ely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.