Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Proposal
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
b-riann
the timberwolves made a proposal to LA to trade them KG. the proposal is a 4 team deal, and the other 2 teams are indiana and boston.
LA would get KG
BOS would get jermaine oneal (i think)
MIN would get the 5 pick and al jefferson
IND would get andrew bynum and lamar odom
Chicago Bulls Franchise
I know for sure Boston has pulled out of this deal. If a deal is going to move KG to LA its going to be just between them, unless of course its a 3 way involving Kobe coming to the Bulls, LA getting KG and minny getting Bulls talent.
SoxFan1
Ainge wants no part of it, we know that already:

Celtics Pull Out Of Four-Way KG Deal
June 25, 2007 - 7:21 pm
Arizona Republic -
The owners of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves have begun talks for a trade that would involve sending Kevin Garnett to the Lakers, NBA sources said Monday.

The talks turned into discussions about a four-way deal among the Lakers, Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics , in which the Lakers would have gotten Garnett. However, the deal broke down, reportedly because the Celtics did not like what they would have gotten, ending the four-way negotiations.

The Lakers are now back to direct two-team talks with the Timberwolves. However, sources say, Minnesota General Manager Kevin McHale wants young players and high draft choices and isn't keen on the Lakers' offer of Andrew Bynum, who is young (19), and Lamar Odom (27), who isn't.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 25 2007, 11:42 PM) *
I know for sure Boston has pulled out of this deal. If a deal is going to move KG to LA its going to be just between them, unless of course its a 3 way involving Kobe coming to the Bulls, LA getting KG and minny getting Bulls talent.

A 3 way will not happen in which KG goes to LA, and Kobe leaves. If the Lakers are going to add KG, they're going to keep Kobe.
sport1016
Celtics step out bc they dont want to give up al jefferson, four way trade breaks down

Bulls step up and replace celtics, four way trade gets back underway

Bulls Get: Jermaine Oneal

Bulls send to Minny: BG, Du, Vic, #9, sign and trade PJ (minny also gets lakers #19 and maybe something else)

see my thread on this that starts with Chad Ford's article reporting the 4 way trade and the celtics balking at Mchale's rejection of their offer and demanding Jefferson

I only hope Mchale wont demand Deng
Wanne
Any version of this deal is ridiculous.
72-10
Im not sure if adding Jermaine and subtracting gordon would do the trick. In any case, even if the trade fails for thosee other teams, that is good for us because we can again be able to deal with them (probably that whole Kobe thing).

I have another question to pose on all the trades: what do you guys think will ACTUALLY happen. Every year there are huge free agents out there and the Bulls are not usually the ones that land one (BWall is the exception.) So what will really happen for the Bulls?
chilord
QUOTE (72-10 @ Jun 26 2007, 09:26 AM) *
Im not sure if adding Jermaine and subtracting gordon would do the trick. In any case, even if the trade fails for thosee other teams, that is good for us because we can again be able to deal with them (probably that whole Kobe thing).

I have another question to pose on all the trades: what do you guys think will ACTUALLY happen. Every year there are huge free agents out there and the Bulls are not usually the ones that land one (BWall is the exception.) So what will really happen for the Bulls?

Pax stands pat, picks Spencer Hawes.

I like it.
Steve9347
Let's stop coming up with our OWN trade ideas and start talking about ones that might actually have some merit.
motownbull71
Boston pulling out of the deal makes this situation interesting. Realgm.com indicated that LA and MIN are trying to work something out. LA does not have much to offer. It would be a crime if LA gets KG for Odom, Bynum, a draft pick and filler. If that's all MIN wants, then we should try to get KG. If all it takes is your second best player, a high upside frontcourt player, a draft pick and filler then we can offer a better deal. We could part with BG, TT, Duhon and Noc for KG. We would probably need to throw in others to match salary but maybe it could be done.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 26 2007, 10:08 AM) *
Let's stop coming up with our OWN trade ideas and start talking about ones that might actually have some merit.

Cough....cough. rolleyes.gif wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.