Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bulls interested in camby
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
from yahoo sports
The Chicago Bulls are said to be shopping their No. 9 pick and Denver Nuggets forward Marcus Camby is a possibility, with the Nuggets likely to cut payroll by making Camby available.

The deal would have to include Bulls forward P.J. Brown in a sign-and-trade for one guaranteed season.

Source: Chicago Bulls

should bulls deal # 9 pick and p.j. for camby? i personally think they should stay put and draft hawes, camby is 33 years old i dont think it would be worth it.
Steve9347
Well, this definitely answers a need... Camby is a beast when healthy. We'd be the East favorites if this deal were to go down, but I think I'd want the Nuggets 1st out of this as well...
dasox24
QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 26 2007, 01:35 PM) *
Well, this definitely answers a need... Camby is a beast when healthy. We'd be the East favorites if this deal were to go down, but I think I'd want the Nuggets 1st out of this as well...

Actually, the Nuggets don't have a 1st due to the AI trade. That's unfortuante b/c if they did, we could acquire their pick and get Jason Smith, Tiago Splitter, or Josh McRoberts with it. However, I'd be down for a Camby + next year's 1st rounder for the #9 and PJ. I'd assume they'll pick at about the same spot next year (early 20's) and maybe we could get Tyler Hansbrough or someone like that.
Steve9347
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 26 2007, 01:50 PM) *
Actually, the Nuggets don't have a 1st due to the AI trade. That's unfortuante b/c if they did, we could acquire their pick and get Jason Smith, Tiago Splitter, or Josh McRoberts with it. However, I'd be down for a Camby + next year's 1st rounder for the #9 and PJ. I'd assume they'll pick at about the same spot next year (early 20's) and maybe we could get Tyler Hansbrough or someone like that.

good points
b-riann
camby may be the best shot blocker in the nba, but i still want hawes. like somebody already put it, camby is already 33. hawes is what, 22? i want hawes to develop as a bull, and by the time hes 28, i think he could be averaging 17 points and 8-10 rebounds
SoxFan1
Hawes is 19, FWIW.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Camby is tough no doubt, but I'd rather go young instead of having two older players in Camby and Wallace.
ZoomSlowik
Very tempting, Camby is a very solid player. If he could stay healthy I'd do this trade in less than a heartbeat, and even with the injury concerns it's awfully tempting because our frontcourt issues instantly disappear, and at a very low price.

I gotta think It'd cost us a little more though, which leads me to say no. Plus it would be nice to keep the core fairly young since I doubt most of our guys are going anywhere...
b-riann
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:46 PM) *
Hawes is 19, FWIW.

even better bullssmilie1.jpg
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Very tempting, Camby is a very solid player. If he could stay healthy I'd do this trade in less than a heartbeat, and even with the injury concerns it's awfully tempting because our frontcourt issues instantly disappear, and at a very low price.

I gotta think It'd cost us a little more though, which leads me to say no. Plus it would be nice to keep the core fairly young since I doubt most of our guys are going anywhere...

Then again, if Camby could stay healthy, no one would want to trade him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.