Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pax shoots down trade rumors
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
DutheDoduhon21
Paxson: Deal for Bryant unlikely

June 25, 2007

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Although Kobe Bryant apparently would like to join the Bulls, Chicago general manager John Paxson sent a message to the Los Angeles Lakers' superstar on Monday: Don't count on it.

Paxson said he has had no discussions with the Lakers and a deal would be difficult to complete.

"What we would have to give up -- unless that franchise would ever have a change of heart and had to do something -- I don't know how that would work," he said. "They've got one of the top, maybe the top, talents in the league. What we would have to do to get there, I don't even know what it would be. It would be significant. And then, are we better?"

Bryant has waffled this offseason, saying he wants to be dealt and then rescinding those comments. Although he has a no-trade clause, The Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise reported the Bulls are on his three-team wish list.

Paxson is reluctant to gut a young, but experienced, team that has made three straight playoff appearances and reached the second round for the first time since 1998.

"There's nothing going on -- that's just the reality of it," Paxson said.

the truth? or smoke screen?
Steve9347
Truth... Kobe ain't happenin'... at least not this season.
dasox24
Yeah, as much as I want Kobe, I have to believe he's telling the truth.
sport1016
yeah kobe aint happening

but Pax always says something like "all our talks have been superficial only" right before he does something

of course that's exactly what he said last year..."we're prepared to use our pick" when he couldn't find a veteran
madisonsmadhouse
We are not a fit for Kobe in Chicago. Pax is 100% right on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.