Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Pick for a Veteran!!!!
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
sport1016
OK. So after reading the tribune article last night where Paxson said "we are prepared to use our pick" it seemed like the towel was thrown in on trading for a vet. I base this on him saying the exact same thing last year about the same time when rumors died down about vets (like KG-could've had #2, Deng, and Chandler) and it became obvious we were using the pick.

But we all know this team is ready to win now. The only guys in the draft who could help us are horford, Yi, and spencer hawes, and all could easily be gone by #7.

What veteran post player can we get for the #9 and spare parts (Du and Vic with expiring contracts, maybe even expand the deal to include BG or Noc etc)

I am trying to come up with some....comment on these and suggest others....and some free agents to think about too

GOOD OPTIONS
Primo Brezec and Sean May-#9, Du, Vic for May and Brezec-two post scorers and rotation players at a fair price!
Nene-#9, Duhon, Vic? And 2008 first?

DECENT OPTIONS
Drew Gooden-#9 for Gooden and Shannon Brown? Possible? Gooden for Du, Vic and 2008 first? Would they do that?
Marcus Camby-not really a post scorer, but great defender...
Nick Collison- #9 and Du?
uh OPTIONS
Shelden Williams-trade atl Duhon, Vic, and a 2nd rounder-they dont need him with horford coming in

ok im done for now....think of more and comment on these
b-riann
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:36 PM) *
OK. So after reading the tribune article last night where Paxson said "we are prepared to use our pick" it seemed like the towel was thrown in on trading for a vet. I base this on him saying the exact same thing last year about the same time when rumors died down about vets (like KG-could've had #2, Deng, and Chandler) and it became obvious we were using the pick.

But we all know this team is ready to win now. The only guys in the draft who could help us are horford, Yi, and spencer hawes, and all could easily be gone by #7.

What veteran post player can we get for the #9 and spare parts (Du and Vic with expiring contracts, maybe even expand the deal to include BG or Noc etc)

I am trying to come up with some....comment on these and suggest others....and some free agents to think about too

GOOD OPTIONS
Primo Brezec and Sean May-#9, Du, Vic for May and Brezec-two post scorers and rotation players at a fair price!
Nene-#9, Duhon, Vic? And 2008 first?

DECENT OPTIONS
Drew Gooden-#9 for Gooden and Shannon Brown? Possible? Gooden for Du, Vic and 2008 first? Would they do that?
Marcus Camby-not really a post scorer, but great defender...
Nick Collison- #9 and Du?
uh OPTIONS
Shelden Williams-trade atl Duhon, Vic, and a 2nd rounder-they dont need him with horford coming in

ok im done for now....think of more and comment on these

while sheldon had a below average first 3/4 of the year, he finished good. why would atlanta trade him? they would have acie law (possibly at the 11 pick), joe johnson, josh childress, sheldon williams, and al horford. why get rid of sheldon when he can be part of one the young and up and coming frontcourts in the nba?
Wanne
Personally I hope Pax tries to move up to #5 and take Yi. Maybe Duhon, Vic our #9 and a second rounder could get it done. Or Duhon our #9 and next years #1 (which hopefully will be a later round pick). Not sure if that meets any of the requirements.

I'm just not that thrilled with anybody at 9 this year.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 26 2007, 04:07 PM) *
Personally I hope Pax tries to move up to #5 and take Yi. Maybe Duhon, Vic our #9 and a second rounder could get it done. Or Duhon our #9 and next years #1 (which hopefully will be a later round pick). Not sure if that meets any of the requirements.

I'm just not that thrilled with anybody at 9 this year.

All that to move up 4 spots for an unproven commodity? I'd rather take Hawes or Noah at #9, or hope Yi slips to us.
sport1016
It would be nice to move up, but i dont see it happening unless we are offering a player of the nocioni/gordon calliber, and paxson has zero history of moving veterans for a draft pick and doesnt seem like the type

But he has been trying to trade a draft pick for a veteran for over two years now. So I feel like there's more hope for that.

As for sheldon williams, i was just throwing that option out there bc horford duplicates him but better and both are a little small to play C. But It really depends on if atlanta thinks they can play together or not, not me
sport1016
if you want an answer from Pax about trading a player to move up in the draft, here it is from the sun times

Paxson said he does not see the Bulls making a trade to move up in the draft.

''We'd have to give up something very significant,'' he said, ''and the players that you would do that for aren't available in this draft.''
GreatScott82
Pax also said he will also explore the route of free agency to fill some holes. Chris Webber or Antonio McDyss would be solid additions especially with the uncertainty of PJ Brown's retirement. The biggest free agents this offseason are Chauncey Billups and Rashard Lewis, but Pax doesn't have room to break the bank on Lewis and we clearly don't need Billups.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 26 2007, 04:23 PM) *
It would be nice to move up, but i dont see it happening unless we are offering a player of the nocioni/gordon calliber, and paxson has zero history of moving veterans for a draft pick and doesnt seem like the type

But he has been trying to trade a draft pick for a veteran for over two years now. So I feel like there's more hope for that.

As for sheldon williams, i was just throwing that option out there bc horford duplicates him but better and both are a little small to play C. But It really depends on if atlanta thinks they can play together or not, not me

You hit the nail on the head with that first part, trading up in this draft will be extremely difficult, and the value probably isn't there unless you get Oden, Durant, or Horford. The next 8 or so guys are all fairly similar, they all have their pluses and minuses.
soxfan3530
after all the smoke and mirrors, i dont see a trade happening. things can change in the next 24 hours with teams getting desperate but right now it looks like Spencer Hawes or Joakim Noah should start looking for places in the Chicagoland area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.