Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hawes back for second workout
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
bulls91
This would be a good thing for the bulls getting a back to the basket player like Hawes. I know that he has not filled out all the way but he will and will be even better down low next to Wallace.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhqN...o&type=lgns

It is under "other predraft chatter"
Balta1701-B
I can't help but think that a lineup built around Gordon/Thabo, Hinrich/Duhon?, Wallace/TT, Deng/Noc, and Hawes/MLE guy or PJ would be set up to dominate the east for the next 5+ years.
Clifton Pondexter
I think Hawes is a stiff. I hope and think Paxson will stay away from him.
SoxFan1
QUOTE (Clifton Pondexter @ Jun 26 2007, 09:29 PM) *
I think Hawes is a stiff. I hope and think Paxson will stay away from him.

Any particular reason why? Have you seen him play?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
He is clearly the best option for the Bulls for what they "Need". Now wether they go after the best player available is unclear. We need low post scoring and quite honestly he is probably the best back to the basket player on the board after Oden, Durant, and Horford are gone.

I'm still hoping for Yi because he is, well from what I've "seen" looks athletic and has a nice jump shot. If Yi falls to the Bulls I think they'll take him, if not they'll go Hawes.
WHarris1
I would pass on Hawes, but he is a better choice than Noah.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2007, 09:46 PM) *
He is clearly the best option for the Bulls for what they "Need". Now wether they go after the best player available is unclear. We need low post scoring and quite honestly he is probably the best back to the basket player on the board after Oden, Durant, and Horford are gone.

I'm still hoping for Yi because he is, well from what I've "seen" looks athletic and has a nice jump shot. If Yi falls to the Bulls I think they'll take him, if not they'll go Hawes.

Actually, many experts have said he's the best back to the basket scorer PERIOD, though there is a clear athleticism difference...
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 26 2007, 07:46 PM) *

Assuming no one crazy drops like Horford or Oden, and no one gives us a high pick for Noc or something like that, I would be pretty happy with either Yi or Hawes. I think Hawes is a slightly better fit based on our personnel, in that we have enough shooters right now (esp. if Deng keeps improving out there), and we could use a banger and passer, and I think Hawes fits that role better than Yi. But I would be content with either one. Just give me a 7 footer. Please. We have 2 big men in total right now, not counting Big Marty. With Wallace's age, we need at least 2 more of them, and a 3rd wouldn't hurt.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
Not to mention we don't have a quality player above 6'9 a little size wouldn't hurt.
Chisoxfn
Pax is just doing his homework and I'd have absolutely no complaints if Hawes was our guy.
Serbbojo
from this video he doesnt look like a stiff at all. His post moves look great. Then again its a highlight video but still hes no stiff

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhuFhACWg2E
madisonsmadhouse
I really hope that if someone with a high ceiling doesn't fall to us, that Hawes is there. After that I would still like to see the Bulls get ahold of another big man, such as a Mohammed, Ely, or Pachullia to give us somemore depth.
sport1016
i read on ESPN yesterday that hawes said after his second workout he believes he's going to the bulls

as in, they'll take him if he's there, and he expects to be
Balta1701-B
QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 28 2007, 06:16 AM) *
I really hope that if someone with a high ceiling doesn't fall to us, that Hawes is there. After that I would still like to see the Bulls get ahold of another big man, such as a Mohammed, Ely, or Pachullia to give us somemore depth.

What do you think Hawes's ceiling is? I dunno exactly, but I think he's got an outside shot to have a ceiling in the Gasol range after a few years. He certainly has the size, he's not exactly lumbering out there yet, he seems to be pretty strong and should only get better on that in a few years, and if you stick him on a team like the Bulls, he'd be paired with a lot of outside shooting.

But yeah, the Bulls def. need at least 1 more big man after him, if he's the pick. With Wallace being one of them, we need at least 4, and 5 would be better.
ZoomSlowik
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 28 2007, 08:43 AM) *
What do you think Hawes's ceiling is? I dunno exactly, but I think he's got an outside shot to have a ceiling in the Gasol range after a few years. He certainly has the size, he's not exactly lumbering out there yet, he seems to be pretty strong and should only get better on that in a few years, and if you stick him on a team like the Bulls, he'd be paired with a lot of outside shooting.

But yeah, the Bulls def. need at least 1 more big man after him, if he's the pick. With Wallace being one of them, we need at least 4, and 5 would be better.

He's nowhere near the athlete that Gasol is, so that'll be pretty hard for him. Defense and rebounding will likely be issues, and that could hurt his chances to be a major impact player. He has the scoring ability, but quickness and leaping ability could hold him back a little. Most of the comparisons are closer to a Brad Miller or Vlade Divac.
madisonsmadhouse
QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 28 2007, 08:43 AM) *

He seems to have pretty solid footwork, he just needs to toughen up a bit. A shot can be developed, but it is much harder to teach the footwork to the big men.
Chisoxfn
Ford reported that Hawes believes if he's there at 9 he will be a Bull. (I assume this is based on talks Ford has had with Hawes).
dasox24
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28 2007, 01:10 PM) *
Ford reported that Hawes believes if he's there at 9 he will be a Bull. (I assume this is based on talks Ford has had with Hawes).

Good news.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.