Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade Rumor
TalkBulls Forums > Nothing But Net > Bulls Talk
b-riann
a phoenix radio station is reporting a potential deal

the suns would get KG, the bulls would get amare stoudemire, and minnesota would get ben gordon and the 9 pick, and POSSIBLY tyrus thomas

thoughts?
soxfan3530
Right now on Yahoo! sports the main story is a deal involving Minn/Phx/Atl.

Says they are close to a deal that would send KG to PHX, Amare to Atl.
Minn. would get the #3 pick, #11 pick and two Atl. Players.

I would love to get Amare but looks like the Bulls have nothing to do with this deal.
dasox24
Eh, Amare does excite me, but I'm not sure I'd rather have a lineup of Hinrich, Sef, Deng, Amare, and Wallace than Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, TT, Wallace (with Hawes backing up and developing). I'll put it this way: I'd be happy with the trade if we kept TT, but if we had to get rid of him, I'd be a little more disappointed. And I don't see how Minny would settle for only BG and #9. I guess PHX would have to throw in their picks too.
Steve9347
I'd be all about this.
sport1016
Says they are close to a deal that would send KG to PHX, Amare to Atl.
Minn. would get the #3 pick, #11 pick and two Atl. Players.

i dont think this deal happens for a couple reasons

FOR ATL--
why give up #3, #11, and say josh childress/marvin williams for Amare?

When you could have conley/horford and hawes/law without giving up childress/williams

How do they get a PG now? They'd have to trade yet another one of their forwards, and for who?

Marvin Williams or Josh smith for Jarrett Jack is a horrible deal. What else is out there?

So the hawks are giving up 2-3 or their prized sfs, and both picks for amare and some pg?

FOR PHX-
They have atlanta's 2008 first. Why guarantee that pick is terrible? That already happened to them once (They turned deng into nate robinson, remember?)
Chicago Bulls Franchise
um its not the bulls, its the hawks.
Chisoxfn
Amare would look nice in a Bulls uni but the rumor involves the Hawks as the 3rd team and not the Bulls (unfortunately).

I think Amare would be a great pickup and the only real concern I'd have is whether his past injury will have many long term effects that inevitably cause him to have an injury riddled career (even though he was actually healthy last season).

I am less concerned about him going away from Nash because I think he's a pretty good player either way (better with Nash I'm sure, but still good nonetheless).
heirdog
Tyrus is a younger Amare so I don't like this trade any way, since you have to give up Ben G and #9 too.

Tyrus rookie season (13 min per): 6 pts, 4 rbs, 1 block
Amare rookie season (31 min per): 13 pts, 8 rbs, 1 block

Amare just dunked on people (better than Tyrus) and blocked shots (worse than Tyrus) his rookie season. He developed the mid-range jumper only recently. Tyrus is only coming into his second year and is 20 yrs old (younger than Amare was in his rookie year), so be patient and don't just dump him.
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 27 2007, 05:53 PM) *
Tyrus is a younger Amare so I don't like this trade any way, since you have to give up Ben G and #9 too.

Amare just dunked on people (better than Tyrus) and blocked shots (worse than Tyrus) his rookie season. He developed the mid-range jumper only recently. Tyrus is only coming into his second year and is 20 yrs old (younger than Amare was in his rookie year), so be patient and don't just dump him.

How do you figure? Tyrus hasn't shown half the offensive game Amare did during his rookie season, and if I remember correctly I believe Staudemire was 19 in his first season just like Tyrus. I love Tyrus as much as the next guy and probably even more but Amare comparisons don't seem to be the best thing at this point in Tyrus' career.
DrunkBomber
QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 27 2007, 05:53 PM) *

Didnt Amare come into the league right out of high school? How old was he when he was a rookie?
Chicago Bulls Franchise
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 27 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Didnt Amare come into the league right out of high school? How old was he when he was a rookie?

http://www.nba.com/draft2002/profiles/amare_stoudemire.html

Yeah he was 19 coming into the draft.
madisonsmadhouse
The Bulls aren't really going to be able to outbid ATL without including Deng, which we aren't going to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.